KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » TRANSFORMERS TOYS discussion thread

TRANSFORMERS TOYS discussion thread
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
As for the classics and what to expect next...Wave 3.

"Sunstreaker - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Sideswipe - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Octane - Concept art seen at SDCC 2007.
Galvatron (a new mold, not a redeco of Classic Megatron.)
Jazz
Prowl
Ultra Magnus (another new mold, not a redeco of Optimus Prime.)
Ironhide
Smokescreen
Silverstreak
At least one combiner (possibly the Seacons)"

i could definetly go for a Galvatron...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:29 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah a G1 accurate one'd fly off the shelves.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:47 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Rufus T Firefly
yeah all i see is the movie figures, which i don't want at all

Really? So there's a shortage where you're at too eh? Now, I want a few movie figures, but I've purchased all the ones I wanted. I have Barricade, Starscream and Optimus Prime. My girlfriend recently bought Blackout and Bumblebee, as well as Arcee.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Mine's Bumblebee and Starscream also.

-AC

Hmm, that's cool. I wonder if there's any difference between my Optimus figure and the ones you and Sadako own.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:29 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah a G1 accurate one'd fly off the shelves.

A masterpiece Galvatron, I'd buy that for a dollar.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:41 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

(please log in to view the image)

I'm gonna order these soon.

Last edited by Scythe on Aug 7th, 2007 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 04:54 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Scythe
Really? So there's a shortage where you're at too eh? Now, I want a few movie figures, but I've purchased all the ones I wanted. I have Barricade, Starscream and Optimus Prime. My girlfriend recently bought Blackout and Bumblebee, as well as Arcee.

Hmm, that's cool. I wonder if there's any difference between my Optimus figure and the ones you and Sadako own.

From what I can see online, it appears to be that the Starscream/Bumblebee ones were on the earlier models, the other versions have come along subsequently.

Apparently the movie-anniversary Prime is the one with the Megs stickers.

I suppose it makes sense. They put the starscream one there first and then build MP starscream.... The later edition comes out and hints at whats to come.....Megatron....which we then got.
By the looks of it, Takara are using this to promote possible future MP releases... So the fact that Grimlock is on the later ones along with Megatron makes me think massive dinobot-related malarkies and shenanigans may lay ahead.

Those look very IDW, those figures in your pics....

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 11:09 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd love an MP Grimlock, but I can just imagine the nightmare it will be to transform.

MP Megatron is arguably the worst, upper body looks decent but in general it's a shitty figure. Prime has yet to be topped. Why repaint MP Starscream black and call it Skywarp? Spend the time making an MP of newer ones.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 03:25 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Apparently the movie-anniversary Prime is the one with the Megs stickers.

Is that so? Hmm, interesting.

I suppose it makes sense. They put the starscream one there first and then build MP starscream.... The later edition comes out and hints at whats to come.....Megatron....which we then got.
By the looks of it, Takara are using this to promote possible future MP releases... So the fact that Grimlock is on the later ones along with Megatron makes me think massive dinobot-related malarkies and shenanigans may lay ahead.

I'de hope so, that generation/legends of cybertron Grimlock wasn't what I was hoping for. Wasn't Bumblebee's re-make toy like a a Mini-Cooper or something It had two white stripes and I think you own it, I could've sworn I saw it in one of the pics of your collection

Those look very IDW, those figures in your pics....

They're Revoltech showcase figures. They don't transform, as they're just super posable figures similiar to those Gundam figures with several weapons and hands.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 02:42 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

I just got Voyager class movie Megatron

I'm gonna order these soon.
How much $$? Where did those pics come from?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 06:40 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Wasn't Bumblebee's re-make toy like a a Mini-Cooper or something It had two white stripes and I think you own it, I could've sworn I saw it in one of the pics of your collection

Yeah its a weird hybrid of the new minis, like you say and with VW inspired feel on the smallness of the roof and the roundedness in the wheel arches etc.

It comes with a little jetski type trailer attachment that can be transformed and attached to his back/shoulders, but that depletes the G1 look for me, so I left mine off.

The classics Bumblebee is an excellent figure that you should definitely pick up when you see it. smile

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 01:19 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'd love an MP Grimlock, but I can just imagine the nightmare it will be to transform.

MP Megatron is arguably the worst, upper body looks decent but in general it's a shitty figure. Prime has yet to be topped. Why repaint MP Starscream black and call it Skywarp? Spend the time making an MP of newer ones.

-AC

LOL True. It'd make assembly of the old Zoidzilla look like transforming G1 Grimlock..

Well, Masterpiece Ultra Magnus without his trailer/armour is more of a pointless Masterpiece for me, on the grounds you cite but:

(A) I always loved Skywarp, he was my first decep jet, he could teleport, never snivelled to Megatron like Starscream did and his paintscheme just said "evil" to me.

(B) I definitely would get Thundercracker too getting all three as from the moment I saw MP Starscream, the completionist in me was all kinds of hungry for the set. I dare say I'll get the classics Skywarp and Thundercracker too to go with the Starscream I already have.

(C) Like with Prime, theres just something about the design.
I dunno its like the robotic "angel of death" look. Just never gets old.

(D) The F-15 mode looks fantastic on these Seeker class jets too. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 01:29 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Yeah its a weird hybrid of the new minis, like you say and with VW inspired feel on the smallness of the roof and the roundedness in the wheel arches etc.

It comes with a little jetski type trailer attachment that can be transformed and attached to his back/shoulders, but that depletes the G1 look for me, so I left mine off.
Cliffjumper is a red repaint

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 09:09 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yup, I don't think they even changed the head mold.
I may have to give in though still.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 09:56 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by brainchild81
How much $$? Where did those pics come from?

They're anywhere between $20-23 bucks. Good luck finding Ultra Magnus. They've been sold out for months. Amazon.com carries them btw.

The classics Bumblebee is an excellent figure that you should definitely pick up when you see it. smile

Wasn't that much of a Bumblebee fan. I bought the deluxe movie Bumblebee, it looks pretty rad.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 10:06 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

They're anywhere between $20-23 bucks. Good luck finding Ultra Magnus. They've been sold out for months. Amazon.com carries them btw. Wasn't that much of a Bumblebee fan. I bought the deluxe movie Bumblebee, it looks pretty rad.
Am I the only one having a very hard time finding Barricade? WalMart is supposed to have a set w/Barricade & Bumblebee but I can't find it.

Last edited by I-Drop on Aug 22nd, 2007 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 02:34 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Yup, I don't think they even changed the head mold.
I may have to give in though still.
Yeah. I want the entire set, but now it may be hard. I got Starscream, but I should have got them all when they 1st were released. Only one I see often is Mirage

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 02:50 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by brainchild81
Am I the only one having a very hard time finding Barricade? WalMart is supposed to have a set w/Barricade & Bumblebee but I can't find it.

I purchased mine off of Amazon.com.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 04:17 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Well as movie prime says: "E-bayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" shifty

Thats where I got my MP prime in '05.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:17 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

TARGET has a Movie Jazz repainted to look like G1 Jazz

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 03:41 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah I saw that... Looked marginally more familiar/cool.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 02:48 PM