KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)

MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by braz
^So u dont think he held back in the new film?

Well, it's hard to tell, because to me, it seemed that Megatron was alittle to fast for Optimus. I mean seriously, Optimus' reaction time was crap compared Megatron's. Not to mention the fact that Optimus was keeping tabs on the dumbass kid Sam and probably not wanting to cause a whole amount of damage to the city. So I suppose he did hold back alittle.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 06:01 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Whatever happened to Optimus Prime's sword during his fight with Megatron?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 04:35 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordmohahat

i think you have all missed out the most important factor.
Prime has THE TOUCH.
seriously though in your heart of hearts you know prime would absolutely **** megatron. its OPTIMUS ****ING PRIME for crying out loud. he is the hero of every straight male. think of the original movie when prime is getting shot at and slashed up by megatron the BAM BEST UPPERCUT EVER. then when gay rod gives megatron the advantage megatron is pointing a gun at primes head then prime goes NEVER and ****ing kills megatron. now i know this movie is different but it is still Prime

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 08:28 PM
lordmohahat is currently offline Click here to Send lordmohahat a Private Message Find more posts by lordmohahat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Exactly, Superboy...!

Lord mohahats right too. This Prime was a pussy.

The reason Bay's Meagretron outclassed, outarmed, outpowered, outsized, outsped and generally outpimped Bay's Prime was so that he could essentially be beating up on Prime 'til a small boy was (totally unbelievebly) able to kill him at a lazyily written "Oooooh arent we humans great" conclusion that saved subjecting the poor demographic audience to a fight plot that would have even remotely pertained
to the accepted Prime/Megatron versusness.

G1 Megatron, with Witwicky right under his fist in striking range, fully warned after hearing Prime tell the fleshling to attempt to kill Megatron by pushing the cube in his chest, would've simply mashed Witwicky into the sidewalk.

Its writing like that that makes me think that those striking writers shouldn't be entitled to their cut til they stop writing garbage.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 09:12 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by roughrider
On any given day, one of them can win the match. The cartoon showed this. In the film Megatron was fresh and angry, having been in statis lock for a few thousand years. Optimus was concerned about protecting Sam and had his back turned for Megatron to attack at one point. Megatron had the advantage late; maybe Prime could have pulled out some reserve energy to win, but the F-22s bombed Megatron at that point, making the point moot.

QFTT

Old Post Jan 29th, 2008 12:25 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'd still like to see what happens in part 2, the rematch might be better.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 04:08 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deadspeak25
Bugs Bunny Always Wins

Prime ftw

Old Post May 30th, 2008 06:46 AM
deadspeak25 is currently offline Click here to Send deadspeak25 a Private Message Find more posts by deadspeak25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

He might've, but then again movie prime was not exactly meant to be a fighter, he did what was right against the Decepticon under the freeway, but against Megs, yeah, I dunno...

Old Post May 30th, 2008 10:18 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Exactly, Superboy...!

Lord mohahats right too. This Prime was a pussy.

The reason Bay's Meagretron outclassed, outarmed, outpowered, outsized, outsped and generally outpimped Bay's Prime was so that he could essentially be beating up on Prime 'til a small boy was (totally unbelievebly) able to kill him at a lazyily written "Oooooh arent we humans great" conclusion that saved subjecting the poor demographic audience to a fight plot that would have even remotely pertained
to the accepted Prime/Megatron versusness.

G1 Megatron, with Witwicky right under his fist in striking range, fully warned after hearing Prime tell the fleshling to attempt to kill Megatron by pushing the cube in his chest, would've simply mashed Witwicky into the sidewalk.

Its writing like that that makes me think that those striking writers shouldn't be entitled to their cut til they stop writing garbage.

You are to Transformers movies as Mr. Parker is to Spider-man movies.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 02:56 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Heroic Prime wasn't so heroic towards the end of the film.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 07:48 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
You are to Transformers movies as Mr. Parker is to Spider-man movies.

Now now.

stick out tongue

If by that you mean "angrily disappointed by a wasted opportunity",
then I can't disagree.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 12:39 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

But there are good arguments coming from both sides. When the movie Gigli came out, dear god, no one stood up for that abomination.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 01:50 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

Megatron wins. Bigger, stronger, more aggressive and built to maul. Prime's better off writing poetry under a tree.....the big douche

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 11:31 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 12:57 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Megatron won the fight fair and square imo.

Prime was just outmatched in the punch on and much more so in the firepower department. His energy blast didnt do much, while Megatron's blast sent him flying.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 09:12 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the forest fight will depict a leaner, meaner Optimus. Even though it'll be sad to see Prime go down, but he sure kicks ass.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:29 AM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

nah. the closest optimus will come to badass is that he stops cleaning the board before the teacher walks in class....or maybe steal bumblebee's lunch money.

~Sado

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:50 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Indeed. The pussy.

Why has almost every recent Prime been a pussy...? Why...?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Can Baymovie prime go through one movie without getting his ass kicked to near death neccessitating Matrix rejuvenations, being saved by a human with a rubik's cube or any other cheap lazy writing device...?

And young, sucky very shit Prime from the recent animated series.

Congratulations to these arsehats on making one of the most beloved characters and respected warrior leaders in comicdom as irritating as Rodimus "I rightly suspect that I cant lead shit, cartoonwise" Prime was back in the day.

I hate one dimensional characters minus depth, but, jeez....

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:18 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Why has almost every recent Prime been a pussy...? Why...?

he's always been a pussy. no way around it. he's like superman, practically has the same color scheme too. only he's about 10 times as big and 50 times as stupid.

I don't lke Rodimus Prime when he goes emo but I liked him when the ol' Hot Rod in him would shine through once in a while. HotRod was the coolest autobot imo. he had the mentality of a deceptican in terms of combat. hotheaded, aggressive, gungho and he turned ino the coolest car around.
he and ironhide were soldiers.
the rest of 'em...well, i bet if they were a few foot shorter you'd be seeing them helping old ladies crossing streets and optimus himself would be rescuing cats from a tree.

~Sado

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 02:30 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Sado22
he's always been a pussy. no way around it. he's like superman, practically has the same color scheme too. only he's about 10 times as big and 50 times as stupid.

I don't lke Rodimus Prime when he goes emo but I liked him when the ol' Hot Rod in him would shine through once in a while. HotRod was the coolest autobot imo. he had the mentality of a deceptican in terms of combat. hotheaded, aggressive, gungho and he turned ino the coolest car around.
he and ironhide were soldiers.
the rest of 'em...well, i bet if they were a few foot shorter you'd be seeing them helping old ladies crossing streets and optimus himself would be rescuing cats from a tree.

~Sado

laughing out loud A fine appraisal, however I'd venture that Hot Rod was too unruly/undiciplined ever to be a soldier.

Kup. Sure.

Ultra "Im just a soldier, Prime.." Magnus. Definitely.

But as refreshing as an exuberant hothead can be on the surface, the prick'll always let ya down.

He even got Prime killed by acting like a penis thinking he could take Megatron, interfering with fatal results for Prime..

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:00 PM