KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)

MOVIE: Optimus Prime vs Megatron (rematch)
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Exactly, Superboy...!

G1 Megatron, with Witwicky right under his fist in striking range, fully warned after hearing Prime tell the fleshling to attempt to kill Megatron by pushing the cube in his chest, would've simply mashed Witwicky into the sidewalk.

Its writing like that that makes me think that those striking writers shouldn't be entitled to their cut til they stop writing garbage.

IIRC, Megatron didn't/couldn't react to Sam putting the cube in his chest because he had just been bombarded (with heavy fire power) by the F-22's, U.S army soldiers, and the rest of the Autobots.

He took about 5 direct missile strikes and still kept going. That's not including the punishment he had already endured throughout the battle.

By: Juk

Last edited by nimbus006 on Jun 15th, 2009 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 03:56 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Now now.

stick out tongue

If by that you mean "angrily disappointed by a wasted opportunity",
then I can't disagree.

I mean Mr. Parker condemned the Spider-man films for everything. The biggest thing he had was organic webbing and the lack of Gwen Stacy I think. He wouldn't concede that the movies, at least the first two, captured the spirit of Spider-man and were pretty accurate overall. He wanted penniless Peter Parker to sport and maintain legit webshooters. And because he didn't they were abominations.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 04:28 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Ahhh thats where we are different. I liked many elements of the 1st film.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 08:07 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
A fine appraisal, however I'd venture that Hot Rod was too unruly/undiciplined ever to be a soldier.

that's what made him cool, imo. even his style of fighting was unorthodox.

quote:
Kup. Sure.

dude...if he could switch places with anyone from movies he'd be Martaugh laughing out loud

quote:
Ultra "Im just a soldier, Prime.." Magnus. Definitely.

i hated ultra douschenus. the way he had those weird shoulder things sticking out....he'd crush his own head doing the YMCA.
i loved how galvatron and the decepticans fubared him in the movie....too bad redgar brought him back. damn it. he was a footsoldier with nothing to offer but a transitionary phase of holding the title before dropping it to way cooler Rodimus (the name's corny tho, i'll agree. rodimus! wtf?!)

quote:
But as refreshing as an exuberant hothead can be on the surface, the prick'll always let ya down.

well, how many times did Hotrod save the autobots in the movie alone? hadn't been for him, the autobots would've let in the deceptican ship and got an even bigger anal probing than they did.
he saved them constantly over the movie, was doing pretty well against Galvatron and was the one who got split from the others and STILL rescued them. alone.

quote:
He even got Prime killed by acting like a penis thinking he could take Megatron, interfering with fatal results for Prime

exactly! that was the best thing about the transformers movie! Happy Dance
optimus prime becomes black and dies.

~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Jun 16th, 2009 at 07:54 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 07:50 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

i realize that the optimus prime becomes black thing can sound wrong.
its not what i meant
*hides his kukluxclan mask*

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 07:55 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Originally posted by Sado22
that's what made him cool, imo. even his style of fighting was unorthodox.

dude...if he could switch places with anyone from movies he'd be Martaugh laughing out loud

i hated ultra douschenus. the way he had those weird shoulder things sticking out....he'd crush his own head doing the YMCA.
i loved how galvatron and the decepticans fubared him in the movie....too bad redgar brought him back. damn it. he was a footsoldier with nothing to offer but a transitionary phase of holding the title before dropping it to way cooler Rodimus (the name's corny tho, i'll agree. rodimus! wtf?!)

well, how many times did Hotrod save the autobots in the movie alone? hadn't been for him, the autobots would've let in the deceptican ship and got an even bigger anal probing than they did.
he saved them constantly over the movie, was doing pretty well against Galvatron and was the one who got split from the others and STILL rescued them. alone.

exactly! that was the best thing about the transformers movie! Happy Dance
optimus prime becomes black and dies.

~Sado

Unorthodox...? How exactly...?
Just appears to use blasters and wrist saws to me...
His rash temper might be ok, as long as you are on the opposite side, as rash order-failing knobheads actually fail to back you up and get you killed in combat if you are on their side.
You might think his constant failures cool, but in a war situation, it'd get you or him killed and I think thats douchelike.

And then when he gets tio lead, he cries about it the whole f***in' time lolz

Kup would be Mickey from Rocky. stick out tongue

The cartoon Magnus was still more and effective leader than Rodimus in most instances but wasnt the soldier/leader he was in the comics.

Wreck-gar was right to repair him.
Funny shoulders aside, he was a tough bastard and useful troop transport.

Actually, I'd argue that if he wasnt such a knee Jerk dick, he could have just reported in to the city first.

If the city then transformed and attacked the shuttle while all the deceps were still in the shuttle, it would have been a decisive victory for the Autobots.

But noooooooooooooooo Hot Rod blew that whole idea, when he kneejerked and fired his little wrist blasters off at it, allowing the deceps to know that their cover was blown, the deceps left the shuttle and then spread out into a big wide attacking force. (A big spread out swarm of guys is harder to pick off that a close cluster of nearby guys, you see...?

And when he died it was goodbye Prime, Wheeljack, Prowl and all those cool cats, hello......erm.......Wheelie and his shitty, shitty ilk.
sad

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 16th, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:13 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Unorthodox...? How exactly...?

turning into a car and attacking galvatron, came up with idea to drive around the pond and turn it into a whirlpool, jammed the shuttle right into Unicorns eyes, ran over people using his car version (which for the life of me, i never understood why other autobots didn't do...at least prime fnally did it in the movie....but dies anyway the dickhead). these are off the top of my head. there are surely others.

quote:
His rash temper might be ok, as long as you are on the opposite side, as rash order-failing knobheads actually fail to back you up and get you killed in combat if you are on their side.

which he never did. in fact, he's saved more than he's lost...and he lost prime, which is a good thing.

quote:
You might think his constant failures cool, but in a war situation, it'd get you or him killed and I think thats douchelike.

...its a comicbook/cartoon. maybe you'd like it too if you didn't think it was a comicbook adaptation of the crusades laughing out loud

quote:
And then when he gets tio lead, he cries about it the whole f***in' time lolz

huh?

quote:
Kup would be Mickey from Rocky.

i was thinking along the lines of either Martaugh or Samuel L Jackson from DH3. that makes HotRod McClane and there are many things in common.

quote:
Wreck-gar was right to repair him.

same difference.

quote:
Funny shoulders aside, he was a tough bastard and useful troop transport.

yeah, he was. but he never did shite aside from getting blown, lose the matrix, say Rodmius aint that great a leader and then follow him around, get infected by the virus, try to brng down Rodimus with him and sucked at that too.

quote:
Actually, I'd argue that if he wasnt such a knee Jerk dick, he could have just reported in to the city first.

well, that's where hotheadedness comes in. if prime was there, he'd wrte a sonnet so at least hotrod's choice of action was better.

quote:
If the city then transformed and attacked the shuttle while all the deceps were still in the shuttle, it would have been a decisive victory for the Autobots.

nah mate. it was hotrod who alerted the autobots to begin with. deceps were ALREADY in the vicinity. if hotrod hadnt started shooting the autodousches wouldn't have known and would've gotted phucked over even worse. i get your point, of course, but my argument is that once the enemy were that close it wouldn't matter either way because deceps were not playing MGS4 wth the autobots but planning on launching an attack anyway. HotRod just blew their cover before they wanted it and hecne saved more lives. otherwise they'd have been totally pwned because they'd NEVER seen it coming.

quote:
the deceps left the shuttle and then spread out into a big wide attacking force. (A big spread out swarm of guys is harder to pick off that a close cluster of nearby guys, you see...?

yes, but they would've done so anyway. only if roddy hadn't done what he did, the deceps would've done it INSIDE the city as opposed to the extermities. he saved 'em.

repent your hotrod bashing and thou shalt be saved Sadako! big grin

~Sado

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 12:59 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

While I might not agree with a lot of that, It was well written and highly amusing, so I still commend you.

The crusades gag especially. stick out tongue
I dont view it as the crusades since they were all fought over fictional silliness, and a fictional silliness that was nowhere near as cool as Jetfire was.
Funny line though.

I cannot however agree that I blasphemed exactly in Hot Rod's case.

Especially not when you have sullied the good names of Prime AND McClane on the same day.

Hang your head in shame, sir. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 03:46 PM
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

cheers, mate

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Prime may have gotten his ass beat in Bays movie but he threw down on Megatron in the real movie wink

Old Post Jun 24th, 2009 01:40 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alma666fears

i really think in the second movie optimus would have rapped if all the decepticons didnt gang up... pussys, and you gotta love the way ioptimus say "IF I CAN'T TAKE ONE OF YOU, I'LL TAKE ALL OF YOU!" and then flips his second sword out an rapes... then they become scared and triple team him lol

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 03:02 AM
Alma666fears is currently offline Click here to Send Alma666fears a Private Message Find more posts by Alma666fears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

that optimus prime in the jungle fight scene.. that's how optimus prime should be portrayed ALL the time. ALL the time? f*ck yeah, all the time. that was pure decepticon pwnage, man. double swords, cutting limbs off and firing off head shots. THAT is what optimus prime is about. megatron would get his ass handed to him had they rumbled 1 on 1 in the jungle.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 04:40 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

In the first movie Optimus struggles to fight Megatron.
In this, if Sam wasn't there he would of pwned all three of them!

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2009 08:07 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Man...

Prime RAGE'd their asses.

Double Swords to boot. Glad to see them taking note and having Prime go hardcore, unlike the 1st movie.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 03:05 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah mate. I know what you mean.

Even as much as I didn't like aosme elements of this and most of the 1st one, that scene did have me getting that old Prime feeling.

See Bay f***ed up royally on the sizes front, due to his disregard of/lack of knowledge of the characters. Like Ive said from the beginning.

Making Megatron so big in the 1st and so unbeatable, then such a pussy in the sequel, as well as the size of Starscream, Blackout being bigger than Prime, It makes one of two things bullshit.

1) That Prime was so easily defeated in BTFs 1..by a Megatron soon after whipped by Humans...

2) That Prime was so victorious in that scene in the forest.

I personally think its option 1, but remember, originally in both Cartoon and Comic Prime was nearly totalled by the smaller Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp.

But never mind, that forest scene ended as it rightfully would in theory, with Prime in a state of fubar.

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Jun 29th, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 11:59 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Scythe
I think Prime was new to the whole hand to hand combat aspect. I mean, he's not a machine of war like Megatron is, his fighting chops in the movie weren't that great because it's no his job to attempt to kill. Ya know?

This is incorrect. He had been fighting decepticons for thousands of years.

Originally posted by roughrider
On any given day, one of them can win the match. The cartoon showed this. In the film Megatron was fresh and angry, having been in statis lock for a few thousand years. Optimus was concerned about protecting Sam and had his back turned for Megatron to attack at one point. Megatron had the advantage late; maybe Prime could have pulled out some reserve energy to win, but the F-22s bombed Megatron at that point, making the point moot.

This post is correct. Thread can be closed now. big grin

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 04:04 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

if they wanted it to be in-characters the forest scene would end with prime giving out his candies and talking about disney cartoons.

i'm serious no expression

~Sado

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 06:55 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by dadudemon
This is incorrect. He had been fighting decepticons for thousands of years.

Yeah, I know what you mean know, after I saw the second film where he kicked ass in the forest, there's no way OP could've lost to Megs in the first one, bad writing on both Megs and OP's part. Megs was overpowering and in the sequel that seemed to be the case with OP.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 07:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Darth Rex
In the first movie Optimus struggles to fight Megatron.
In this, if Sam wasn't there he would of pwned all three of them!

I think if there was one less Decepticon he would of killed the two remaining ones. Optimus took a level in badass in this movie. He probably didn't even need the expansion pack in the end, although it did help him cover distance.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:08 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote