KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Writing a script? (spoilers?)

Writing a script? (spoilers?)
Started by: allofyousuckkk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
The British copy is 600 something. The yankee one is longer; bigger writing for their little eyes etc etc and also has a pathetic artwork.
Again with the jokes on other countries. Please stop.

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:34 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

The American one has pictures?

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:34 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

For each chapter...

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:36 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by The Phantom
Again with the jokes on other countries. Please stop.

What? Dramatic license, I found the solution to your problem, eh? wink

But why is the type bigger in the American copy? When I first found an American copy of the Philosopher's (not a balmy Sorcerer or anything!) in the US I was a bit taken back at how childish it all looked. No wondder the Christian fundamentalists declared it heresy.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:36 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by exanda kane
What? Dramatic license, I found the solution to your problem, eh? wink

But why is the type bigger in the American copy? When I first found an American copy of the Philosopher's (not a balmy Sorcerer or anything!) in the US I was a bit taken back at how childish it all looked. No wondder the Christian fundamentalists declared it heresy.
One, I think more children in the US read it than the ones in UK. Just my thought. Two, I'd prefer the name Philosopher's Stone than Sorcerer's. Why? Because it is the actual name used in alchemy.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:39 PM
Arianna

There are more children in the US to read! And I think more children here read it because in primary school most classes read it for story time. But in some states you weren't allowed to read it at school because of churches.

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:44 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Either way, what does it matter the sizing of the letters. Some of us have bad eyes, so it is more or less good for people with bad eyes. Can we at least stop making fun of countries?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:47 PM
exanda kane

Oh come on, can we not take every little dabble of humour so seriously. It should have ended with my little stab. End of. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:49 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

It's so hard to tell these things online though. -_- Another case of me overreacting. Sorry.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:51 PM
Arianna

I think it'd be cool to have pictures, i'm a bad reader pictures might help, plus give me more angle for my own! As for the print being bigger, you can get small print in the UK with the locket on the front? So technically our big print is the normal copy and then there's the small print and the american is the big print. Is that right?

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:53 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I dun need pictures. I pictured the entire thing in my head as I read and that's why everything seemed so strong. The deaths. The time Ron ran out. At times I wanted to just stop reading because I could see what was about to happen and started panicking because I didn't want it to happen and have to see it.

But that's besides the point.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 07:57 PM
Arianna

No I can imagine it all, but I can't keep on the words, my totally dyslexic and the words take a while to become a word I know and then the words all need to become sentences so millions of pictures form in my mind while all that's happening, but actually having pictures in the book would give my brain a rest from all the words!

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:06 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Arianna
No I can imagine it all, but I can't keep on the words, my totally dyslexic and the words take a while to become a word I know and then the words all need to become sentences so millions of pictures form in my mind while all that's happening, but actually having pictures in the book would give my brain a rest from all the words!
That would drive me nuts.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:11 PM
Arianna

Lucky you don't have to noticed each and every word!

(And even words that aren't there...)

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:16 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Originally posted by Arianna
Lucky you don't have to noticed each and every word!

(And even words that aren't there...)
The thought interests me. I would want to have that for about.... 30 minutes just to feel what it is like and see what happens and everything. After that, I'd be annoyed and learn braille. I hope I spelt that right.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:20 PM
Arianna

How would braille help? You still couldn't understand the letters? I always thought chinese might help with the letter order but then there's still the words... It's kinda cool because I can remember parts word of word.

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 08:27 PM
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

1. Pictures give you an idea of what something looks like in the following chapter
2. How would I go about fixing this into a screenplay
3. Imma pm arianna

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 10:41 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

My mum had a book called "Screenwriters Oracle" which had all the camera directions in it.

By the way I don't want to give you false hope I'm just saying it's a good idea.

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2007 11:08 PM
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

I know, but worst that can happen is they dont use it....

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 02:59 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

There's some pretty decent computer software for writing scripts, allows the writer to focus on the narrative rather than what the shorthand for voice over is.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jul 25th, 2007 03:39 PM