KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Imagine the Butchering for DH

Imagine the Butchering for DH
Started by: ~LunaLoveG~

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Some_Black_Guy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ndfreak
all the movie makers seem to care about are making it all emotional and dramatic. they are willing to cut out people and cut out facts as long as they get to make it dramatic and emotional. which is why i don't like the movies.

I totally agree on the cut-out-facts tactics, I haven't even went to see The Order of The Phoenix yet for fear that it has butchered too severely the images my mind had produced when I read the book.

The movies don't seem as near as dramatic as the books though. When I read the books, the intensity and emotion that I experience dwarfs that of the movies. The movies are more watered down so that a family can sit down and watch them together. For example, if they made a Deathly Hallows movie and it was exactly like the book, it would probably rated R, LOL. And that means less money because it excludes an audience/age group.

Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall... fade.

Last edited by Some_Black_Guy on Jul 28th, 2007 at 06:25 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 06:21 AM
Some_Black_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Some_Black_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Some_Black_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I despise the films , but Deathly Hallows I'd watch JUST for the scene of Hagrid dive-bombing the Death eater.

That was so awesome cool

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 01:44 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

I've come to accept that the films will not be like the books in every exact way, and I understand why things have to be cut out. And if you pay close attention during the films, most of the things that were cut out of direct dialogue are explained in more subtle ways.

As for OotP, I found it to be one of the more engaging films. I could really feel Harry's pain and anguish over losing Sirius, and that's a big step for me, because I hated Sirius in the books. I was quite happy when he kicked it, but the movie accomplished what JKR failed to do; establish a relationship between Harry and Sirius, and make Sirius far more sympathetic.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 02:38 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote