KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » iiSpoliers!! Mourning thread...

iiSpoliers!! Mourning thread...
Started by: Arianna

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dulcie
Little Miss Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hom3r
Sorry to go about it like this, but reading this thread kinda makes me sick. To actually say R.I.P's to a bunch of fictional character as if they were real people just seem dumb. While there are thousand of people out there who are dying because of war, poverty or oppression are left out.

You know what makes me sick? People who judge. People who don't appreciate other people's interests. If you think this whole mourning is stupid, you shouldn't have read this thread in the first place.

And don't you think that there are things you can't understand? Like why we mourn. Because these characters are fictional, yes, but they (JKR) maybe had an impression on our lives. Maybe we learned something from them (her). Maybe it changed us, maybe in a good way.

I don't really wanna sound obsessed, but I am and I like it. big grin They were a part of my childhood, a part of my life, and I'm happy about it.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 07:15 PM
Dulcie is currently offline Click here to Send Dulcie a Private Message Find more posts by Dulcie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potterz honey
***The Pretty Genius***

Amen!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 07:57 PM
potterz honey is currently offline Click here to Send potterz honey a Private Message Find more posts by potterz honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mayraxoxo

I will miss Fred and Snape.
Man, those two were the best, but then JKR had to kill them off.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2010 05:36 AM
Mayraxoxo is currently offline Click here to Send Mayraxoxo a Private Message Find more posts by Mayraxoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

most of the deaths seemed inevitable and a matter of course - even Dobby's - he sacrificed himself to save the Trio.

The deaths where I was a little ... wtf? was Hedwig and Fred.

Where was it needed that they needed to die?! Like, when Hedwig "fell" or whatever, I was all, "oh, she's a smart bird, she'll find them all at the Tonks.

Yeeah, right.

And Fred... sad Well, maybe that was just what JK planned. She said there was going to be a death that schocked us all... and Fred's death did that. Fred was not hard-core into the wand to wand combat, he and George ran WWW as a front to providing the Ministry with shielding gear. When they arrived at the battle scene, it was like... "okay, well we'll drop a bunch of dung bombs and let loose some fireworks [give him hell, peeves!" and enchant holes in the ground to look steady and grassy...

and then Fred dies...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2010 10:30 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote