KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If you became Editor in Chief of Marvel

If you became Editor in Chief of Marvel
Started by: Blight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
Edit: I'd change my name to J. Jonah Jameson.

Winning.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 02:27 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Go all James Caan on Brian Bendis. F*ck has it coming.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 02:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Make sure someone made a Galactus vs Celestials comic shifty

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 02:35 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'd temporarily replace all instances of "win" with Charlie Sheen.

"Oh no! If the Masters of Evil pull off their plan, they'll Charlie Sheen this battle and destroy the universe!"

It'd be the best ten-or-so issues that Marvel ever produced.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 06:06 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Retcon Black Panther and Storm's marriage evil face

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 06:40 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Retcon Black Panther and Storm's marriage evil face

I always thought it would be hilarious if T'Challa thought he got Storm pregnant, and when he went to the delivery room to see his heir the baby turned out to be blue and had a tail... but I guess that boat has sailed. sad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 07:02 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I'd make Hulk get beaten to a bloody pulp by all the top heralds ala Zeus.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 08:10 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I always thought it would be hilarious if T'Challa thought he got Storm pregnant, and when he went to the delivery room to see his heir the baby turned out to be blue and had a tail... but I guess that boat has sailed. sad

I'd have the baby be white, just to piss off Hudlin.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 08:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd have the baby be white, just to piss off Hudlin.

Blonde hair and blue eyes. That way you'd know it was Thor's kid because he's the only person for whom blue eyes and blond hair are dominant traits.

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2011 10:31 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

1- Retcon the retcon of Spider-Man
2- Put Greg Pack on Hulk and Incredible Hercules, and I make him stay the **** away of the big events
3- I try Jeph Loeb on the Punisher
4- I am myself writing a mini on Galactus

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 06:22 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

honestly, I'd give Hudlin the reigns on a less established minority character. Let the man speak, see if he can produce something good when people aren't as concerned with continuity. I mean, the BP cartoon was awesome, and he did have something to do with Boondocks back in the day. Hes a BP wank, but not untalented and has a perspective that isn't seen a lot.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2011 03:44 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Introduce kryptonite into the Marvel Universe, and make it quite a common substance used in all sorts of common household and industrial applications, but completely harmless to Marvel inhabitants. That way when Superman visits during the next company crossover, he gets completely owned. No more dials at 11.

Make Thor into an eco-hero. Give him a gang of environmentally conscious teens to travel with, facing off against threats to the environment ranging from super-villains to corrupt corporations. Every issue Thor and the readers would learn a valuable lesson about the environment, such as the perils of climate change or the importance of recycling. Al Gore guest-stars along with other notable campaigners. During major emergencies Thor would be able to slam his hammer down and share his powers with the gang (and also a dog) - as "Thor and the Teen-Thors".

Launch a new series called "The Last Hand Ninja". It revolves around a Hand Ninja waking up one morning and heading to his secret dojo only to find nobody else has reported in. He searches across the city and the country, and then in America, but everywhere it is the same - every Hand Ninja outpost is deserted. It finally dawns on him that the Hand's constant battles with Wolverine, Elektra, Daredevil, the Avengers, SHIELD, Assassin's Guild etc have depleted the Hand ranks to the point where he is the only one left. Friendless, with heroes and criminals hunting him and the whole world against him, he fights for his life as THE LAST HAND NINJA.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 01:52 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Blonde hair and blue eyes. That way you'd know it was Thor's kid because he's the only person for whom blue eyes and blond hair are dominant traits.

yep.

though people might think i was living vicariously...

Originally posted by inimalist
honestly, I'd give Hudlin the reigns on a less established minority character. Let the man speak, see if he can produce something good when people aren't as concerned with continuity. I mean, the BP cartoon was awesome, and he did have something to do with Boondocks back in the day. Hes a BP wank, but not untalented and has a perspective that isn't seen a lot.

he's racist, though. you think that's a good thing?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 05:09 PM
Omega Vision

yep.

though people might think i was living vicariously...

Inimalist may be one of those people who thinks that there can be such thing as too little of a bad thing. :3

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 05:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i would create a much better Batman type character than moon knight is..

i would stop having logan and deadpool in everybodies comic book as well..

i would also hire better artists

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by basilisk
Introduce kryptonite into the Marvel Universe, and make it quite a common substance used in all sorts of common household and industrial applications, but completely harmless to Marvel inhabitants. That way when Superman visits during the next company crossover, he gets completely owned. No more dials at 11.

Make Thor into an eco-hero. Give him a gang of environmentally conscious teens to travel with, facing off against threats to the environment ranging from super-villains to corrupt corporations. Every issue Thor and the readers would learn a valuable lesson about the environment, such as the perils of climate change or the importance of recycling. Al Gore guest-stars along with other notable campaigners. During major emergencies Thor would be able to slam his hammer down and share his powers with the gang (and also a dog) - as "Thor and the Teen-Thors".

Launch a new series called "The Last Hand Ninja". It revolves around a Hand Ninja waking up one morning and heading to his secret dojo only to find nobody else has reported in. He searches across the city and the country, and then in America, but everywhere it is the same - every Hand Ninja outpost is deserted. It finally dawns on him that the Hand's constant battles with Wolverine, Elektra, Daredevil, the Avengers, SHIELD, Assassin's Guild etc have depleted the Hand ranks to the point where he is the only one left. Friendless, with heroes and criminals hunting him and the whole world against him, he fights for his life as THE LAST HAND NINJA.

Too much booze?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 07:12 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Too much booze?
Just trying to shake up the status quo and bring some much needed fresh air into the House of Ideas.

Really, are any of those ideas worse than:
"Let's have Spider-Man make a deal with Mephisto to retcon his marriage out of existence and thereby wreck Spider-Man's character and continuity pretty much for good!"
"Let's get rid of half our main characters and put them into a separate pocket universe where they are written and drawn by Rob Liefeld!!!"
"Let's have Tony Stark suddenly go nuts and start killing Avengers, then turn it into some big dumb event story where he was corrupt all along, but doesn't make a huge amount of sense, even though it tried to explain older stuff that didn't really make sense to begin with, then lose the readers' interest completely, then retcon it all in a way that makes even less sense, but lets us sweep the original story under the rug and forget about it, but have Tony killed at the end, then bring him back as Teen Tony, then retcon that and bring him back and forget it all ever happened!!! Then turn him into a dick in Civil War!!!"
"Let's have Gwen Stacey have a retcon affair with Norman Osborn, and then have his kids!"
"Let's have Spider-Man a member of two Avengers teams, and the Fantastic Four - at the same time!"
"Let's give Deadpool three or four monthly titles. That way we're sure to be able to keep the quality of the material up and everyone will grow to love the character, because he will always be hilarious and in your face!"
"Ultimates 3!!! That script is a winner guys let's do it!!"

^ Those all happened by the way.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 01:13 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by basilisk

Just saw this.

I guess that'd be the only way the MU could have a chance against Superman, right?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 02:18 PM
Deadline

Need to read up on, but all the things I've seen posted from the comic I haven't seen anything racist.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 02:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'd have someone definitively stomp the real Thanos... in a serious fight... on panel... uninterrupted... without help from any outside source.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2011 03:59 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote