KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Beowulf

Beowulf
Started by: D-Wag

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
D-Wag

Smile Beowulf

Beowulf

Trailer

Looks good, I'll see it.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 06:34 PM
D-Wag is currently offline Click here to Send D-Wag a Private Message Find more posts by D-Wag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marxman
Resident Communist

I loved the book and the movie with Chris Lambert. I'll be definitely seeing it.

One thing. Is it completely CGI?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:29 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Yeah, in any case it'll be a lot better than Beowulf and Grendel, that was possibly the most disappointing movie I've seen in a long time

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 08:33 PM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Beowulf (2007)

Trailer is here - http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/beowulf/

I have to say, I'm not that impressed. It looks like a video game.
Robert Zemeckis is in love with this motion-capture technology, but for the money they're spending, it could have been done in live action and looked better.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 06:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Menetnashté
Yeah, in any case it'll be a lot better than Beowulf and Grendel, that was possibly the most disappointing movie I've seen in a long time

oh man, that movie was almost as bad as pathfinder.

Yeah, im looking forward to beowulf for sure

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Beowulf looks ok, I hope Angelina Jolie can save it, but I'm not so sure. I am see it first.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 10:00 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

What was wrong with pathfinder apart from the bad acting?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:20 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Beowulf looks ok, I hope Angelina Jolie can save it, but I'm not so sure. I am see it first.

I see she's recycling that transylvanian-like accent she used (to laughable effect) from 'Alexander'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Why have they stolen the theme music from 28 Days Later??

Does look like a video game. Not impressed.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 09:20 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Deathblow
Why have they stolen the theme music from 28 Days Later??

Does look like a video game. Not impressed.

It's just for the trailer. It's a common tactic to choose music that's familiar with an audience, to give them a feel for the movie in advance.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by roughrider
I see she's recycling that transylvanian-like accent she used (to laughable effect) from 'Alexander'. roll eyes (sarcastic)

That was a very bad accent, as is this one here. Well I have to rethink seeing this and maybe save my money

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 02:16 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
filmmman79

That looks flat out incredible.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 04:01 PM
filmmman79 is currently offline Click here to Send filmmman79 a Private Message Find more posts by filmmman79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Menetnashté

Beowulf And Grendel was a great film - I'll defend it against any criticism! It's an intelligent look at how the story could really have happened (hence the tagline: Behind The Legend Lies The Tale), with the theme about how systems of belief made us do what we do, the ending of the old myths with the encroachment of christianity, and how murky the line of good and evil is between opposing cultures.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 09:49 PM
shugie99

I am can't wait to see this film too. I think that the look and feel of this shows you how far technology has come. What gets me really excited is the fact this one is going to be in 3-D. I mean the last time I saw a 3-D movie was when I was 5 at Disney world and saw the Captain EO moviesmile This will be totally different, but still just as exciting all that action and in 3-D!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 10:02 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Holy Crap! Finally a movie that tricked me with it's CGI. It felt great.

I saw the trailers weeks ago and though it was real. I'm an avid CGI fan that's really into watching how real CGI looks in movies.

And yesterday, weeks after watching the trailer, i found out the whole movie is CGI. When i found out i immediately saw the trailer again and though OMG, i didn't catch that! And it felt great.

I swore that was really Angelina Jolie and it wasn't. It was just a rendition of her. I did think Lambert looked a little weird with the eyebrows there, but what a cool feeling...

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 19th, 2007 04:10 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow.. it tricked you?

I was watching the trailer today and I could blatantly tell the difference between what was CGI and what wasn't. The CG sceens in this move look like the crap you'd see in a PS2 game..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 06:01 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Wow.. it tricked you?

I was watching the trailer today and I could blatantly tell the difference between what was CGI and what wasn't. The CG sceens in this move look like the crap you'd see in a PS2 game..

Yup. It got me and got me good.

I really thought that was Angelina Jolie the human. It was, after all, in a theatre and it was dark and i wasn't paying close attention to it perhaps, but it got me.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 06:48 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Looks great. It even covers all three Beowulf stories! I'm ready to watch Beowulf vs. Grendel!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 10:38 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

The CGI got me too, I think it looks awesome. I'm really amped about this movie. I was just going through the website http://www.beowulfmovie.com/, and they have a gallery with a bunch of images, including Angelina Jolie, and personally I think the graphics look incredible. The fact that they are showing it in 3D is insane! I cant wait!!!!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 09:30 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Angelina looks hot in the film.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2007 02:37 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote