KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Apocalypse vs. Gladiator

Apocalypse vs. Gladiator
Started by: batdude123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
if its within their stated power levels, yes...

Therefore, Gladiator blitz's Apoc for the win.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 06:50 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

So because Apocalypse has telepathic feats, but not enough mind blast feats, he can't attack Gladiator with telepathy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:07 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

Originally posted by llagrok
So because Apocalypse has telepathic feats, but not enough mind blast feats, he can't attack Gladiator with telepathy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

When the bell rings, and Gladiator accelerates to FTL speeds (He has traveled 100 times the speed of light before, traversed hyperspace, etc) what is apoc going to do?

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:17 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Apolloknight
When the bell rings, and Gladiator accelerates to FTL speeds (He has traveled 100 times the speed of light before, traversed hyperspace, etc) what is apoc going to do?

He'll think "die" and Gladiator will die.

There's nothing called 100% confidence Gladiator, there's no such thing as a confidence gauge, nor have we ever seen him at "max" confidence. Potentially Gladiator could kill anyone with one punch.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:19 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

He'll think "die" and Gladiator will die.

There's nothing called 100% confidence Gladiator, there's no such thing as a confidence gauge, nor have we ever seen him at "max" confidence. Potentially Gladiator could kill anyone with one punch.

What im trying to say is, The speed of light>>>>>Speed of thought.

The nano-second the bell rings, Gladiator will be moving so fast that Apocalypse will seem frozen in time to him. (not to mention that doest a telepath have to know/track his target to affect him?)

Also, can anyone clarify what it was that vulcan tried to hit Gladiator with during their one sided fight?

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:24 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Apocalypse for the win

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:31 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

apoc blinks then dies. end of story.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

What im trying to say is, The speed of light>>>>>Speed of thought.

The nano-second the bell rings, Gladiator will be moving so fast that Apocalypse will seem frozen in time to him. (not to mention that doest a telepath have to know/track his target to affect him?)

Also, can anyone clarify what it was that vulcan tried to hit Gladiator with during their one sided fight?

Can anyone clarify how Gladiator's gonna get past time manipulation? smile

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:46 PM
redhotrash

Im not doubting that Gladiator would win, but doesnt Apocalypse have control over his molecular structure? Like shouldnt a light speed punch to the mug rearrange Apocalypse's face only to have it mold back to normal right after? I mean Mr. Sinister technically should be able to survive this, so why not Apocalypse?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:47 PM
redhotrash is currently offline Click here to Send redhotrash a Private Message Find more posts by redhotrash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by redhotrash
Im not doubting that Gladiator would win, but doesnt Apocalypse have control over his molecular structure? Like shouldnt a light speed punch to the mug rearrange Apocalypse's face only to have it mold back to normal right after? I mean Mr. Sinister technically should be able to survive this, so why not Apocalypse?

Well, according to the OP Gladiator is at 100% confidence. So he should be capable of taking out the planet with a punch, easily.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:49 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Can anyone clarify how Gladiator's gonna get past time manipulation? smile
Why would anyone have to?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:02 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Tyrant
laughing

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tyrant

Because he could freeze time and Gladiator wouldn't be able to do anything?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:04 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Because he could freeze time and Gladiator wouldn't be able to do anything?
I forgot he does that on occasion... and to foes of Gladiator's capabilities...
Hell, who did he do this to again?
Nevermind, retract my previous statement.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:06 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

If Gladiator is 100 percent confident, then I don't think any singular psy-blasts (telepathic or otherwise) will put him down.

If this is a noprep battle, Gladiator should win this. He simply overpowers Apocalypse in speed, strength, and durability. Give Apoc some time to prep, or beef himself up, or get through Glads' confidence defense, and I think Poccy could take it.

Gladiator 8/10.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:24 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladiator was confident when he faced Cassandra Nova, very.
(please log in to view the image)

With that said, a confident Gladiator takes it 10/10

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:29 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decades plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid.

The "Apoc gets a coffee table thrown at him" train has ran it's course. That bandwagon is full and going nowhere. It's not even funny anymore.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Last edited by illadelph on Jul 27th, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 10:54 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by illadelph12
I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decade plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

The "Apoc gets a coffee table thrown at him" train has ran it's course. That bandwagon is full and going nowhere. It's not even funny anymore.

I'm a huge Apocalypse fan as well and I think he gets too little respect on this board.

I suppose Apocalypse himself is partially to blame for this though. A lot of people lack knowledge and don't realize that he was weakened the times he chose to engage the x-men. And the times when they have fought him at full power, nothing short of PIS or plot items have been capable of injuring him.

Unfortunately Apocalypse has a lot of different power showings, but these have only appeared once or twice. Such as matter manipulation, time manipulation and reality manipulation. Since these have only appeared once, I can understand why Apocalypse doesn't get his due.

I still think it's ridiculous that people he has beaten in a straight fight are still ranked above him, but I suppose that's how it's going to be. It's funny how people are willing to accept other character's powers when there's only one showing, but I suppose that's something which will never change.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:02 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by illadelph12
I think Apocalypse gets sold way to short here on KMC, and I also find it ironic that it's always assumed characters take the direct approach in battle even when that's not their character. What's stopping Apoc from simply teleporting at the onset of battle to another point on the battlefield, and reappearing 50+ feet tall and a class 500+ with his hand morphed into a fusion cannon? Or simply raising his shields? That's a novel idea. Or how about simply becoming intangible, or taking on an amorphous consistency similar to rubber so Gladiator's physical attacks have no harm on him whatsoever? Or absorbing and redirecting any energy attacks Gladiator attacks him with? Or any other logical point of attack or counteratack Apocalypse has displayed in his decades plus of existence? This forum-wide anti-Apocalypse sentiment is laughable at best.

The respect would be great, but it must be backed up by current comic book portrayals. Apocalypse suffers from a much stronger dose of what has been done to Darkseid over the past couple years. The only solution is for him to be portrayed as a legitimate, competent, planet level threat (as opposed to a prepping, local area threat).

I'd like to see this as much as I would like to see Darkseid's "Super-Busting" cred restored. I don't see it happening now.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:05 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Acrosurge
The respect would be great, but it must be backed up by current comic book portrayals. Apocalypse suffers from a much stronger dose of what has been done to Darkseid over the past couple years. The only solution is for him to be portrayed as a legitimate, competent, planet level threat (as opposed to a prepping, local area threat).

I'd like to see this as much as I would like to see Darkseid's "Super-Busting" cred restored. I don't see it happening now.

His recent portrayals aren't that bad, it's just too bad that he's in a weakened state due to having given so much blood.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:07 PM