KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Favourite Harry Potter Book!

What is your favourite Harry Potter book?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Harry Potter and the Philosepher's Stone 1 1.72%
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 0 0%
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 6 10.34%
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 6 10.34%
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 18 31.03%
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 7 12.07%
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 20 34.48%
Total: 58 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favourite Harry Potter Book!
Started by: Charlie8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Personily i loved HBP because yes it was leading up to DH but you learned alot. I had a feeling after I read that one that many ppl may not like it as much because its almost all just information building up to HB but all that info is important.

So? The information in book 1 is important, so is the info in books 4 and 5.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 05:54 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I love the Deathly Hallows... it's sooooo dark and dramatic... that's what I like in books and media...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 11:18 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

The one that made me cry the most

DH

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 11:51 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

When I was reading tah book, one moment I was sighing at the beauty of sometyhing, and then, I'd star tcracking up laughing, and then I'd be crying... My friends make fun of me for crying during movies, and while reading books, but the ydon't like the kinds of movies and books that I do. To me, a good movie has romance, is realistic, and sad. My friends look for Zac Efron with no shirt... I like DH the best. The most interesting part for me was the Ron/Hermione romance. M yfavorite part is when Ron stabs the locket. Wat's yours?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 12:10 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I thought that the battle between Harry and Voldemort in The Deathly Hallows was as bit anti-climatic. It was just "Expelliarmus!" and "Avada Kadavra!" and then Voldemort died. The Hogwarts battle was pretty rushed.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 12:29 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I know... But I'm kinda glad that HArry didn't kill Voldemort, because Harry wouldn't want to kill anyone. MY take on it was that Voldemort got a taste of his own medicine! I felt so bad for HAgrid when he was carrying "dead" Harry out of the woods. I actually started crying...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:24 PM
loadmaster123

It is my favorite of the series. To me the series are some of the best fantasy writing since Tolkien. I like The Deathly Hallowsb best. Now commences another long wait to see what Ms. Rowling will pen next. When I search at deal site, I found a recent deal for Harry Potter Boxset Books 1-7, I like them very much that I always want to buy a set of the books. They are on sale now: $117 instead of $195 (at dealstudio.com search harry potter) Is it a good price? I want to buy them. Waiting any suggestion…
Thanks.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:44 AM
loadmaster123 is currently offline Click here to Send loadmaster123 a Private Message Find more posts by loadmaster123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Saige

Deathly Hallows is the best! I cried a lot especially when Fred died....

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 08:47 PM
Saige is currently offline Click here to Send Saige a Private Message Find more posts by Saige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

i kno, i love deathly hallows, my favourite part is wen Harry and Hermione are in Godric's Hollow, at Harry's parents grave
idk y....

Last edited by Giggles on Sep 7th, 2007 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 08:56 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by potcfan2003
I know... But I'm kinda glad that HArry didn't kill Voldemort, because Harry wouldn't want to kill anyone. MY take on it was that Voldemort got a taste of his own medicine! I felt so bad for HAgrid when he was carrying "dead" Harry out of the woods. I actually started crying...

laughing out loud I almost screamed when Hagrid fell from his motorbike. I thought he had died. I thought that maybe Voldemort could've been disarmed then every beats him up. Of course, that sounds kind of juvenile, so I guess what JK did was better.

Originally posted by Saige
Deathly Hallows is the best! I cried a lot especially when Fred died....

Yeah, I was a little mortified that JK decided to kill Fred. I nearly cried when Lupin and Snape died, though, as well as Tonks. It was really sad when you saw Colin Creevey dead, also. You'll always remember him as the first year student who idolized Harry and stood by him until the end.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 03:02 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appleptree

I like all of them, especially the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix .

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 01:55 AM
appleptree is currently offline Click here to Send appleptree a Private Message Find more posts by appleptree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appleptree

I like the (Book I) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
(Book V) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
best .

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 02:58 AM
appleptree is currently offline Click here to Send appleptree a Private Message Find more posts by appleptree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fade and Remain
Blind boys don't lie

Originally posted by Council#13
I thought that the battle between Harry and Voldemort in The Deathly Hallows was as bit anti-climatic. It was just "Expelliarmus!" and "Avada Kadavra!" and then Voldemort died. The Hogwarts battle was pretty rushed.

I totally agree. I was like "that's it." confused

But my favs are Deathly Hallows and Half-Blood Prince. reading

If I had magical powers, a wand, and I WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, I would want to know every damnn spell in the book dark or not, countercurses, et cetera.... blink I just do NOT get why Ron, Hermy or Harry didn't do that, use them, STUDY (i mean really study) curses-countercurses and the like.. What the f**k? (Well apart from Hermy, she did know some/most.) Expelliarmus was played out tooo much.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 08:23 AM
Fade and Remain is currently offline Click here to Send Fade and Remain a Private Message Find more posts by Fade and Remain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

Originally posted by loadmaster123
It is my favorite of the series. To me the series are some of the best fantasy writing since Tolkien. I like The Deathly Hallowsb best. Now commences another long wait to see what Ms. Rowling will pen next. When I search at deal site, I found a recent deal for Harry Potter Boxset Books 1-7, I like them very much that I always want to buy a set of the books. They are on sale now: $117 instead of $195 (at dealstudio.com search harry potter) Is it a good price? I want to buy them. Waiting any suggestion…
Thanks.

Not a good price... There's a booksale at my school when you can get 1-6 for 30$, so soon they should have 1-7 for the same... But the ones at my school aren't hard cover, so it would be a good deal for hard cover books...

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 12:15 PM
potcfan2003

Originally posted by Council#13
laughing out loud I almost screamed when Hagrid fell from his motorbike. I thought he had died. I thought that maybe Voldemort could've been disarmed then every beats him up. Of course, that sounds kind of juvenile, so I guess what JK did was better.

Yeah, I was a little mortified that JK decided to kill Fred. I nearly cried when Lupin and Snape died, though, as well as Tonks. It was really sad when you saw Colin Creevey dead, also. You'll always remember him as the first year student who idolized Harry and stood by him until the end.

I was soo sad when Fred died. M yfav. scene is when Ron went to stab the locket and the evil harry and Hermy came out. My friend and I were sdiscussing the book, and her fav. scene was when Hagrid was carrying harry out of the woods... but then again, my friend is weird and liked the scenein HP 5 movie when Voldimort was trying to posess Harry... she started laughing .

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 12:21 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Fade and Remain
If I had magical powers, a wand, and I WAS THE CHOSEN ONE, I would want to know every damnn spell in the book dark or not, countercurses, et cetera.... blink I just do NOT get why Ron, Hermy or Harry didn't do that, use them, STUDY (i mean really study) curses-countercurses and the like.. What the f**k? (Well apart from Hermy, she did know some/most.) Expelliarmus was played out tooo much.

I agree. I'm sure JK could've thought up some other spells to be used a lot instead of just Expelliarmus. But I guess there's a bit of irony in it, seeing as Expelliarmus was taught to Harry by who he initially thought was his worst enemy, but it was a spell that ended up saving his life multiple times.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 09:47 AM
potcfan2003

who taught Harr expeliarmus?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:11 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

1.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2.Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
3.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
4.Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5.Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
6.Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
7.Harry Potter and the Philosepher's Stone

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 07:17 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fade and Remain
Blind boys don't lie

Originally posted by potcfan2003
who taught Harr expeliarmus?

Snape

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:38 AM
Fade and Remain is currently offline Click here to Send Fade and Remain a Private Message Find more posts by Fade and Remain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zjtrivium

Originally posted by H. S. 6
So, he was a typical teenager, then. stick out tongue

Typical emo... thumb down

Old Post Oct 31st, 2007 11:10 PM
zjtrivium is currently offline Click here to Send zjtrivium a Private Message Find more posts by zjtrivium Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote