KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Motherbox + Apokalips Tech Superman V Silver Surfer

Motherbox + Apokalips Tech Superman V Silver Surfer
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surfer's Rules

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
Superman without the motherbox is a match for the surfer, this just tips the scale in Superman's favour. He shouldn't have any problems taking it at least 8/10

I don't see how. A stronger Superman doesn't mean he can do anything to Surfer. In fact what is he gonna do to Surfer, if you don't mind me asking? If you say he's gonna punch him, then I know exactly what to do with your opinion. Intangibility, and sheilds eliminate that option. Kryptonite is not however eliminated as a weakness for Superman, unless of course you can confirm that. Superman is always out of his league against Surfer.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:01 PM
Surfer's Rules is currently offline Click here to Send Surfer's Rules a Private Message Find more posts by Surfer's Rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by Smurf's Martian
Motherboxes are filled with candy and toys. Superman gives Surfer the motherbox to spread joy throughout the cosmos. smile

That would be nice, but Surfer doesn't need the MB for that. He's united the Earth's population in a collective feeling of love and serenity on a whim.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:05 PM
Surfer's Rules is currently offline Click here to Send Surfer's Rules a Private Message Find more posts by Surfer's Rules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
I don't see how. A stronger Superman doesn't mean he can do anything to Surfer. In fact what is he gonna do to Surfer, if you don't mind me asking? If you say he's gonna punch him, then I know exactly what to do with your opinion. Intangibility, and sheilds eliminate that option. Kryptonite is not however eliminated as a weakness for Superman, unless of course you can confirm that. Superman is always out of his league against Surfer.

This is rediculous. Intangibility? when has he ever used that? Shields? Again, when?

And you obvious know nothing about mother boxes. Drax has punched Surfer out, Thanos has, I believe Ravenous did, Surfer isn't capable of beating Superman in a fistfight.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:06 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
This is rediculous. Intangibility? when has he ever used that? Shields? Again, when?

And you obvious know nothing about mother boxes. Drax has punched Surfer out, Thanos has, I believe Ravenous did, Surfer isn't capable of beating Superman in a fistfight.

Ravenous didn't, but Thor has.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:10 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

Ravenous has never defeated Surfer. IIRC Surfer defeated Drax. Surfer erected shields against Hulk and Firelord. And Superman still can't do anything more to Surfer with a motherbox. If you think he can then tell me what he'll do precisely. Try to attack Surfer with an ENERGY sword?! Come on dude, you can do better than that. There is no indication that Superman wont just die if encased in a shell of K-nite either.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:14 PM
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by llagrok
Ravenous didn't, but Thor has.

BTW, B&T Thor would wrecked Supes, whether he's got his Mother's box, his Sister's box, or some ramdom hooker's box.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:15 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I was wrong on Ravenous. My bad. And you really don't get what a motherbox is, do you? no It's technology directly powered by the source.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:16 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

I was wrong on Ravenous. My bad. And you really don't get what a motherbox is, do you? no It's technology directly powered by the source.

Everything in the universe originate from the Source. That doesn't make it omnipotent. Who are you tryna con here. I know the implications you're tryna make and I'm saying you're reaching. The MB is a nice asset, but if you don't have the stuff to begin with, it's not gonna necessarily put you over. Supes got a mudhole stomped into his chest by a grounded brick. Surfer is still his superior in everyway except maybe physical strength which isn't really that big of a factor.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:24 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

a motherbox is essentially a sentient computer. it's source IS believed to be THE SOURCE.

THE SOURCE>>>>>>ss's power cosmic . . .

it enables wielders to manipulate energy, teleport, heal (so even as the k-nite injures him, the MO heals the damage), turn intangible, give power-boosts and ABSORB energy. (superman's simply chooses to absorb more sunlight and suddenly he is sundipped AND has all his wepaons. smile ) but perhaps more than any of that it can look for and discover weaknesses in an opponent or devise strategies that can help defeat an opponent.

that's SOME of what a motherbox can do if it is allowed to function fully, as this forum allows it to do.

oh, and since i don't see ss up and transmuting thor or his hammer, i see no conceiveable way he can transmute either superman OR a motherbox. smile

superman beats him soundly in this battle.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:31 PM
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by leonidas
a motherbox is essentially a sentient computer. it's source IS believed to be THE SOURCE.

THE SOURCE>>>>>>ss's power cosmic . . .

it enables wielders to manipulate energy, teleport, heal (so even as the k-nite injures him, the MO heals the damage), turn intangible, give power-boosts and ABSORB energy. (superman's simply chooses to absorb more sunlight and suddenly he is sundipped AND has all his wepaons. smile ) but perhaps more than any of that it can look for and discover weaknesses in an opponent or devise strategies that can help defeat an opponent.

that's SOME of what a motherbox can do if it is allowed to function fully, as this forum allows it to do.

oh, and since i don't see ss up and transmuting thor or his hammer, i see no conceiveable way he can transmute either superman OR a motherbox. smile

superman beats him soundly in this battle.

Good stuff. Surfer can still counter all the effects of the MB and drain Supes. The MB's power isn't infinite and the idea that MB is>>>Power Cosmic is baseless. Marvel doesn't have the "The Source" so that has no baring on Surfer's power. Surfer can manipulate all the matter and energy in the universe and even beyond. That's tantamount to what DC may refer to as manipulating The Source. What the **** is the point of "The Source" anyway. Dumbass DC. Superman is the one with the weaknesses in this fight not Surfer, so the MB is gonna be using energy to cover those up and hope that Supes can find a way to win. And when the MB runs out of energy Supes is boned. Supes just prolongs the inevitible.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:42 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Good stuff. Surfer can still counter all the effects of the MB and drain Supes. The MB's power isn't infinite and the idea that MB is>>>Power Cosmic is baseless. Marvel doesn't have the "The Source" so that has no baring on Surfer's power. Surfer can manipulate all the matter and energy in the universe and even beyond. That's tantamount to what DC may refer to as manipulating The Source. What the **** is the point of "The Source" anyway. Dumbass DC. Superman is the one with the weaknesses in this fight not Surfer, so the MB is gonna be using energy to cover those up and hope that Supes can find a way to win. And when the MB runs out of energy Supes is boned. Supes just prolongs the inevitible.

^FAIL.

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?...nesisboxoj3.jpg

The MB's power is the source. AND THE SOURCE IS INFINITE.

And this time, read the damn scan.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:46 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your entire post is welll. it's just. I can't even bring myself to say it. Lacking the correct information.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 11:48 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

^FAIL.

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?...nesisboxoj3.jpg

The MB's power is the source. AND THE SOURCE IS INFINITE.

And this time, read the damn scan.

Like I said, who do you think you're conning here? WE'VE ALL SEEN THE MOTHERBOX RUN OUT OF ENERGY. You guys literally just lie and it's so obvious, I can't believe you expect me to take this nonsense seriously. I am curious about that scan though. Is that your average MB? Why is Orion calling it the Genesis box? If the run of the mill MB can rewrite the Universe then Superman easily takes this. The problem is I think you're full of it, and that's not the run of the mill motherbox like what he used against Doomsday or the one that Orion uses regularly in combat. And how do you know the Source is infinite. What evidence is there of that. Isn't it just the energy of the universe. Don't know why that energy source has to extradimensional but whatever.

Last edited by Surfer's Rules on Jul 29th, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:01 AM
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Your entire post is welll. it's just. I can't even bring myself to say it. Lacking the correct information.

Good arguement. I've changed my mind.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:02 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Tsk Tsk...

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:08 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Overkill. Some hope of exploiting Supermans weaknesses are Surfer's only chance. Removing that opportunity leads to Surfer on the receiving end of a massive beatdown.
thumb up

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 02:33 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by leonidas
don't read a lot of dc do you? no expression

Nah, not really. What does that have to do with anything. There were some inaccurate claims made and I acknowledged that. Superman still doesn't have a chance against the vastly more versatile Surfer. Don't see how the MB helps him at all.

OK, I think we've covered your position in the thread. smile
Also noting some of the other posts clarifying your lack of respect for DC ["Dumbass DC"] comics, you've shown nothing but ignorance and bias here.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 02:39 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surfer's Rules

Originally posted by Juntai
OK, I think we've covered your position in the thread. smile
Also noting some of the other posts clarifying your lack of respect for DC ["Dumbass DC"] comics, you've shown nothing but ignorance and bias here.

Ignorance and bias? Frame it any way you like. If you can't give any legitimate justification for your position, don't switch gears to insults and misrepresentaiton because that's just as much a non-response as all the rest. One person so far has given a good post in favor of Superman. The rest has been irrelevant palaver and innacuracies on the scope of the MB's power and effects on Superman. Like I've stated, we seen this verseion of Superman and he got WORKED. So you tell me, Mr. wise and objective, how will this be different from what we've actually seen from Superman with a MB in the actual comics? If you can't answer this very simple question then why criticize what I have to say? I've read the rules, and it's says you go by feats, not lies and misrepresentations, and there's no requirement to agree with people incapable of posing an arguement.

Last edited by Surfer's Rules on Jul 29th, 2007 at 03:13 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 03:09 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Ignorance and bias? Frame it any way you like. If you can't give any legitimate justification for your position, don't switch gears to insults and misrepresentaiton because that's just as much a non-response as all the rest. One person so far has given a good post in favor of Superman. The rest has been irrelevant palaver and innacuracies on the scope of the MB's power and effects on Superman. Like I've stated, we seen this verseion of Superman and he got WORKED. So you tell me, Mr. wise and objective, how will this be different from what we've actually seen from Superman with a MB in the actual comics? If you can't answer this very simple question then why criticize what I have to say? I've read the rules, and it's says you go by feats, not lies and misrepresentations, and there's no requirement to agree with people incapable of posing an arguement.
You showed your own ignorance and bias in the above example and others, so I don't have to frame anything when you've already done so and hung it up on display.

And no we haven't seen current Superman like this, we saw Superman with a motherbox . . . 15 years ago. That's how it will differ.

-signed, Mr. Wise.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 03:21 AM