KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs Thanos

Who is better at prep
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thanos 14 70.00%
Batman 6 30.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman vs Thanos
Started by: Soops220

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
And the same can't be said of batman?
Isn't that exactly what I was saying? He said Batman wins this prep comparison because he goes up against beings more powerful than he is, and I pointed out that Thanos does the same.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:26 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

We'll when you look at these two character's, you have to understand that they operate on much different levels. Thanos is a super powered tyrant, with an assload of powerful tech. Batman is a human being, who has to work with what he's got.

Batman, a none super powered character, can and has prepped for Superman and Superman level beings. One of Thanos's biggest accomplishments, where strategizing plans against the Elders of the universe and defeating them with both his power and his mind.

Here's where they differ greatly, Thanos has powers and a ton of resources, at his disposal. Batman is powerless and has decent(yet very primitive compared to Thanos's tech)tech. It's not about which character has the most accomplishments, but how they operate on the scale they work on.

Thanos is on a MUCH bigger scale than Batman, thus logically he should do alot more than a street leveler. But does this really make him a better prepper? What if we gave Bats Thanos's power and resources, and there would be no telling how he would fair against others.

For what Batman has to work with, he does a pretty damn good job. Not that I'm saying he's a better prepper than Thanos, I just felt like pointing this out.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:27 PM
Hazsekswthurmom is currently offline Click here to Send Hazsekswthurmom a Private Message Find more posts by Hazsekswthurmom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Wally West
Isn't that exactly what I was saying? He said Batman wins this prep comparison because he goes up against beings more powerful than he is, and I pointed out that Thanos does the same.

I edited and gave reason why batman is superior to thanos with prep.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:27 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Originally posted by starking
Thanos is on a MUCH bigger scale than Batman, thus logically he should do alot more than a street leveler. But does this really make him a better prepper? What if we gave Bats Thanos's power and resources, and there would be no telling how he would fair against others.

But Thanos wasn't given his tech and resources, he created all his own tech and assembled all his own resources, just like Batman has. And yes Thanos has powers, but its not like we're comparing them accomplishing the same things only Batman has the handicap of not having powers, its all relative, Thanos has beaten Elders of the Universe and people like that, so yeah he has 'powers' at his disposal but hes used them to their fullest as Batman has used his abilities to their fullest.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:32 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by starking
We'll when you look at these two character's, you have to understand that they operate on much different levels. Thanos is a super powered tyrant, with an assload of powerful tech. Batman is a human being, who has to work with what he's got.

Batman, a none super powered character, can and has prepped for Superman and Superman level beings. One of Thanos's biggest accomplishments, where strategizing plans against the Elders of the universe and defeating them with both his power and his mind.

Here's where they differ greatly, Thanos has powers and a ton of resources, at his disposal. Batman is powerless and has decent(yet very primitive compared to Thanos's tech)tech. It's not about which character has the most accomplishments, but how they operate on the scale they work on.

For what Batman has to work with, he does a pretty damn good job. Not that I'm saying he's a better prepper than Thanos, I just felt like pointing this out.
thanos rarely loses with prep if ever. batman loses all the time and needs bailed out by his superfriends.

thanos with his resources takes over the universe. while batman would be hard pressed to defeat superman. there is a big difference. i see where people wanna give batman the pity vote cuz he has no powers. but thanos succedds where batman has failed. who is more successful with prep and better. the answer undoubtebly is thanos.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:33 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

But Thanos wasn't given his tech and resources, he created all his own tech and assembled all his own resources, just like Batman has. And yes Thanos has powers, but its not like we're comparing them accomplishing the same things only Batman has the handicap of not having powers, its all relative, Thanos has beaten Elders of the Universe and people like that, so yeah he has 'powers' at his disposal but hes used them to their fullest as Batman has used his abilities to their fullest.
thumb up

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

But Thanos wasn't given his tech and resources, he created all his own tech and assembled all his own resources, just like Batman has. And yes Thanos has powers, but its not like we're comparing them accomplishing the same things only Batman has the handicap of not having powers, its all releative, Thanos has beaten Elders of the Universe and people like that, so yeah he has 'powers' at his disposal but hes used them to their fullest as Batman has used his abilities to their fullest.

Let's look at the facts. Thanos doesn't need prep to stand up to odin or tyrant. eternals are already nearly impossible to kill. On that fact alone, he could stand there and take many licks before he's put down. He's also been upgraded by the abstract being death, and by himself.

Batman not only has to think of a way to beat a superior opponent, but escape with his life uninjured should he not make it. As in case in Superman batman where he had to let the alien take over him so he could live. Knowing that he would be turned back.

Batman has to think far more unilaterally than thanos becuz he has to worry about his safety and life.

We see what happens when thanos turns his back. he's unprepared and get's one shotted thru the chest.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:35 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Let's look at the facts. Thanos doesn't need prep to stand up to odin or tyrant. eternals are already nearly impossible to kill. On that fact alone, he could stand there and take many licks before he's put down. He's also been upgraded by the abstract being death, and by himself.

Batman not only has to think of a way to beat a superior opponent, but escape with his life uninjured should he not make it. As in case in Superman batman where he had to let the alien take over him so he could live. Knowing that he would be turned back.

Batman has to think far more unilaterally than thanos becuz he has to worry about his safety and life.

We see what happens when thanos turns his back. he's unprepared and get's one shotted thru the chest.
ur logic fails. it fails bad. he was oneshotted or should i say cheapshotted by drax. writer gave drax power to do that. it goes against drax history. but it stands and counts.

batman does have to use caution more often than thanos becuz hes a wek human but he has backup in the jla. how many times has he been saved by superman alone. countless times. batman needs backup while thanos doesnt.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:38 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
ur logic fails. it fails bad. he was oneshotted or should i say cheapshotted by drax. writer gave drax power to do that. it goes against drax history. but it stands and counts.

batman does have to use caution more often than thanos becuz hes a wek human but he has backup in the jla. how many times has he been saved by superman alone. countless times. batman needs backup while thanos doesnt.

I'm sorry did you say something?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:39 PM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

roll eyes (sarcastic) You know as well as I do thats a silly argument to bring up, Drax had the very powers needed to kill Thanos, his powers negated Thanos' own and he caught him while he was distracted, its completely irrelivant. If the Spectre created a being with the sole purpose of killing Batman (like Kronos created Drax) and it had the powers to negate Batman's tech or whatever I doubt you'd be using it in an argument.

And Thanos is not on the same level as Odin or Tyrant, or the Maker or Galactus, he can be beaten/KOd/killed by all of them.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:40 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic) You know as well as I do thats a silly argument to bring up, Drax had the very powers needed to kill Thanos, his powers negated Thanos' own and he caught him while he was distracted, its completely irrelivant. If the Spectre created a being with the sole purpose of killing Batman (like Kronos created Drax) and it had the powers to negate Batman's tech or whatever I doubt you'd be using it in an argument.

And Thanos is not on the same level as Odin or Tyrant, or the Maker or Galactus, he can be killed by all of them.

How can any of them kill thanos when Death is superior to all of them and Her enchantment>>>thier power? Even galactus could not kill the elders becuz of Death's enchantment.

Anyway, Thanos was unprepared. he knew what drax was created for all those years ago. And he let his guard slip. Nuff said.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:42 PM
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

I know about all of that, I was just pointing out the scale they work on. wink

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:43 PM
Hazsekswthurmom is currently offline Click here to Send Hazsekswthurmom a Private Message Find more posts by Hazsekswthurmom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

How can any of them kill thanos when Death is superior to all of them and Her enchantment>>>thier power? Even galactus could not kill the elders becuz of Death's enchantment.

Anyway, Thanos was unprepared. he knew what drax was created for all those years ago. And he let his guard slip. Nuff said.
I don't understand your logic, Thanos doesn't have

a) All of Death's power, he isn't comparable to her in the slightest

b) He didn't have a curse that left him immortal in any of his encounters with Odin/Tyrant/Maker/Galactus, he was mortal on all those occasions, so there was no 'enchantment' loophole or anything

Your argument about Drax is still ridiculous, Thanos was trying to save the universe and Drax attacked him from behind with the very powers needed to kill him, its a completely worthless point when comparing Batman and Thanos.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 07:46 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't understand your logic, Thanos doesn't have

a) All of Death's power, he isn't comparable to her in the slightest

b) He didn't have a curse that left him immortal in any of his encounters with Odin/Tyrant/Maker/Galactus, he was mortal on all those occasions, so there was no 'enchantment' loophole or anything

Your argument about Drax is still ridiculous, Thanos was trying to save the universe and Drax attacked him from behind with the very powers needed to kill him, its a completely worthless point when comparing Batman and Thanos.
Not really. Thanos doesnt' give a damn about the universe. It was all a game to him. even his death was an "interesting developement'. he got caught off his guard trying to save the universe. Some prep.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:14 PM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Not really. Thanos doesnt' give a damn about the universe. It was all a game to him. even his death was an "interesting developement'. he got caught off his guard trying to save the universe. Some prep.
I still fail to see the point in bringing it up, he was caught off guard by the one being in all the universe that had the powers to kill him, do you think Batman has never been caught off guard? Has Batman never been beaten with a sneak attack from behind? I just don't understand what point you are trying to make by bringing up Drax when comparing Batman and Thanos.

And Thanos does give a damn about the Universe which is why he was trying to free Galactus, he wouldn't destroy the Universe of his Mistress Death.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:19 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still fail to see the point in bringing it up, he was caught off guard by the one being in all the universe that had the powers to kill him, do you think Batman has never been caught off guard? Has Batman never been beaten with a sneak attack from behind? I just don't understand what point you are trying to make by bringing up Drax when comparing Batman and Thanos.

And Thanos does give a damn about the Universe which is why he was trying to free Galactus, he wouldn't destroy the Universe of his Mistress Death.

Then you missed it. I pointed out that Thanos doesn't worry about his own durability and safety when planning. Batman has to worry about that, an escape route, danger and all. Thanos while saving the universe didnt' prep for the one thing he knew could kill him? WTF. for God's sake your trying to save the universe, you should be ready, knowing drax is out there.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:21 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Then you missed it. I pointed out that Thanos doesn't worry about his own durability and safety when planning. Batman has to worry about that, an escape route, danger and all. Thanos while saving the universe didnt' prep for the one thing he knew could kill him? WTF. for God's sake your trying to save the universe, you should be ready, knowing drax is out there.

One could argue, simply, that Thanos didn't care.

He YEARNED for Death for quite some time, and, as you pointed out, found his death not frightening, not worrisome, but interesting.

He doesn't have the anti-death hang-ups that humans have. He really just didn't give a damn.

Or, at least, it seemed to me that he didn't give a damn...

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:23 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Soljer
One could argue, simply, that Thanos didn't care.

He YEARNED for Death for quite some time, and, as you pointed out, found his death not frightening, not worrisome, but interesting.

He doesn't have the anti-death hang-ups that humans have. He really just didn't give a damn.

Or, at least, it seemed to me that he didn't give a damn...

And yet at the time, as it was pointed out, he was trying to save the universe. So which is it?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:24 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

And yet at the time, as it was pointed out, he was trying to save the universe. So which is it?

What do you mean?

Thanos can be trying to save the universe, but not care at all about his OWN death....

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:28 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Thanos did put a shield up when Drax attacked him, so he obviously was concerned with his safety, but saving the universe at that moment was the priority clearly as he told Drax they could settle it after he had freed Galactus.

But the Drax point still doesn't hold up, this version of Drax has powers no other incarnation has ever had, there was no way Thanos could prep for him and know this Drax had powers that negated his force fields, and his Eternal and other powers. The green aura Drax had was never seen before or after his encounter with Thanos, so there was no way Thanos could have possibly known about it or preped for it, this Drax was his one weakness, his kryptonite and silver bullet.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:29 PM