KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs Thanos

Who is better at prep
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thanos 14 70.00%
Batman 6 30.00%
Total: 20 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Batman vs Thanos
Started by: Soops220

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
What do you mean?

Thanos can be trying to save the universe, but not care at all about his OWN death....
But If he cares about his plans. He had prepped to release galactus with his own energy. obviously he hadn't planned or prepped for dying.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 08:33 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
But If he cares about his plans. He had prepped to release galactus with his own energy. obviously he hadn't planned or prepped for dying.
u dont even make any sense.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 04:24 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

How can any of them kill thanos when Death is superior to all of them and Her enchantment>>>thier power? Even galactus could not kill the elders becuz of Death's enchantment.

Anyway, Thanos was unprepared. he knew what drax was created for all those years ago. And he let his guard slip. Nuff said.
this is the worst argument i have heard yet by far. so ur saying he should have prepped for a cheapshot. by defifnition it is a cheapshot. he knew he was there. this was the only logical way for drax to kill thanos. neeting him head on drax would have gotten beat just like always. drax recently changed. he wasnt always like this anyways. this argument fails.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 04:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Then you missed it. I pointed out that Thanos doesn't worry about his own durability and safety when planning. Batman has to worry about that, an escape route, danger and all. Thanos while saving the universe didnt' prep for the one thing he knew could kill him? WTF. for God's sake your trying to save the universe, you should be ready, knowing drax is out there.
how many times has batman been saved by his jla teammates. he needs a team to look after him and help him. he cant hang with the big dogs by himself for the most part. batman needs prep and a badass team. thanos doesnt need anyone. another reason he is leagues above batman.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 04:28 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Wally West
Thanos did put a shield up when Drax attacked him, so he obviously was concerned with his safety, but saving the universe at that moment was the priority clearly as he told Drax they could settle it after he had freed Galactus.

But the Drax point still doesn't hold up, this version of Drax has powers no other incarnation has ever had, there was no way Thanos could prep for him and know this Drax had powers that negated his force fields, and his Eternal and other powers. The green aura Drax had was never seen before or after his encounter with Thanos, so there was no way Thanos could have possibly known about it or preped for it, this Drax was his one weakness, his kryptonite and silver bullet.
thumb up

there was no way to prep for this. damn writer changing everything. hey it does prove the only two ways to kill thanos are by a ghost and a cheapshot. if u meet thanos straight up and are alive u aint killing thanos. wink

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 04:30 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Not really. Thanos doesnt' give a damn about the universe. It was all a game to him. even his death was an "interesting developement'. he got caught off his guard trying to save the universe. Some prep.
thanos does care about the universe why do u think he was freeing galactus. he isnt going to help annihilus kill everyone else in the universe including him. i mean come on nver try and think about ur illogical arguments sometimes.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:17 AM
whirlwind
Restricted

Account Restricted

batman. He's always prepped and doesn't prep to lose. Thanos preps and then loses.

you are an idiot. wink

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:28 AM
whirlwind is currently offline Click here to Send whirlwind a Private Message Find more posts by whirlwind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by whirlwind
you are an idiot. wink
cosigned. batman has lost so many times and needed to be bailed out by his jla pals. it s hilarious for him to say he doesnt lose. how many times has superman beat a prepped batman. laughing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:37 AM
whirlwind
Restricted

Account Restricted

everybody has the right to their agree with their opinion and while I agree thanos is better at prep I shoud not have called nvrbeenwithagirl an idiot. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:47 AM
whirlwind is currently offline Click here to Send whirlwind a Private Message Find more posts by whirlwind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

everybody has the right to their agree with their opinion and while I agree thanos is better at prep I shoud not have called nvrbeenwithagirl an idiot. Please accept my sincere apologies.
did u cast ur vote on this poll? if not cast it.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:48 AM
whirlwind
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes. I just voted for thanos my friend. so far the score in 5-2 thanos

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:50 AM
quanchi112
Disney

yes. I just voted for thanos my friend. so far the score in 5-2 thanos
ok. good. i feel bayman is good at prep here but he just doesnt stack up to thanos.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 05:52 AM
tkitna

I havent read Annihilation in awhile, but wasnt Thanos kind of counting on Drax to realize that he was saving the universe or did Drax know what he was doing? I cant remember off the top of my head and i'll need to read it again.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 07:06 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by tkitna
I havent read Annihilation in awhile, but wasnt Thanos kind of counting on Drax to realize that he was saving the universe or did Drax know what he was doing? I cant remember off the top of my head and i'll need to read it again.
drax just barged in and killed him. moondragon tried to explain to him but drax just kinda of said this is what he was made for. off the top of my head he killed him becuz this is what he was created for. basically it was his primary function.

thanos just asked moondragon to give him some time to free galactus and was telling drax to wait and they will settle up afterwards. drax cheapshotted him anyways. to me its the only way the writer could justify this new drax killing thanos. it was from behind.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 11:13 AM
Ouallada

Originally posted by tkitna

He baited Drax, although we have no idea why he did so.

What is for sure is that using that as an example of failed prep is pretty silly. It was more a case of allocating priorities, with the added fact that Thanos seemed pretty nonchalant about his death for someone who allegedly failed to prep to prevent it.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:38 PM
Ouallada is currently offline Click here to Send Ouallada a Private Message Find more posts by Ouallada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ouallada
He baited Drax, although we have no idea why he did so.

What is for sure is that using that as an example of failed prep is pretty silly. It was more a case of allocating priorities, with the added fact that Thanos seemed pretty nonchalant about his death for someone who allegedly failed to prep to prevent it.
thanos didnt expect to die but wasnt afraid of death. it was just a cheapshot while thanos was busy trying to free galactus. smile

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:44 PM
Ouallada

Hard to say for sure when dealing with someone who has always been obsessed with death. Even his name links him to death. He almost certainly baited Drax, although whether he wanted to die or was just going with the flow is something no one can answer. What going with the flow? Death obviously wanted Thanos to learn something. He did not know what it was. He could have prepped for everything imaginable but I daresay the outcome was inevitable, in that his destination was fixed, but his journey was not. His saving the universe and his acceptance of death in light of the greater good were probably what death desired of him, and he understood that, thereby going with the logical and intuitive flow of events.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:48 PM
Ouallada is currently offline Click here to Send Ouallada a Private Message Find more posts by Ouallada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ouallada
Hard to say for sure when dealing with someone who has always been obsessed with death. Even his name links him to death. He almost certainly baited Drax, although whether he wanted to die or was just going with the flow is something no one can answer. What going with the flow? Death obviously wanted Thanos to learn something. He did not know what it was. He could have prepped for everything imaginable but I daresay the outcome was inevitable, in that his destination was fixed, but his journey was not. His saving the universe and his acceptance of death in light of the greater good were probably what death desired of him, and he understood that, thereby going with the logical and intuitive flow of events.
well no one can say for sure what all thismeans. unless its explained on panel sometime we will know , other wise we all will have our different views. im glad to hear yours. wink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 02:51 PM
Hancock1

Thanos

Old Post Jul 30th, 2007 08:48 PM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soops220

Thanos is winning right now 9-5. You think there would be more than 5 batman fans on this forum.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 01:50 AM
Soops220 is currently offline Click here to Send Soops220 a Private Message Find more posts by Soops220 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote