KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black on Black Crime Round One

Black on Black Crime Round One
Started by: nvrbeenwthagirl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Same here. There needs to be more material on this guy.

I am also a huge fan of the Tangent Green Lantern design, but confused as her lantern is on Earth Prime. It might be a duplication from a different Earth though

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 01:37 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I am also a huge fan of the Tangent Green Lantern design, but confused as her lantern is on Earth Prime. It might be a duplication from a different Earth though

Do you mean the Lantern that the kids found on new earth in the ION series?

Tangent came around long after Earth Prime was wiped out in the original crisis.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:02 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The guy is basicaly like Ressurection man
He can give himself any power that he wants in combination (without dying like ressurection man)
I don't think so, [unless there's more scans you didn't put in that respect thread of yours]...

This scan from your respect thread is the closest thing I could find to your above statements:

http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13fn0.jpg

And in that scan, SuperMAN only altered his physiology for 24 hours, allowing him the power needed to defeat Swamp Thing..

That's a very far cry from RM, who can literally choose whatever power he wants, and keep that power indefinitely if he needs to.

Like I said, there may be more scans you didn't post, but your respect thread shows nothing comparable to RM's abilities imo. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:56 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think so, [unless there's more scans you didn't put in that respect thread of yours]...

This scan from your respect thread is the closest thing I could find to your above statements:

http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=13fn0.jpg

"

And in that scan, SuperMAN only altered his physiology for 24 hours, allowing him the power needed to defeat Swamp Thing..

That's a very far cry from RM, who can literally choose whatever power he wants, and keep that power indefinitely if he needs to.

Like I said, there may be more scans you didn't post, but your respect thread shows nothing comparable to RM's abilities imo. smile

And this as well...

"I can command anything I desire."

(please log in to view the image)

No reason to nitpick. When you can grant yourself any power to defeat your enemy and you already start out with a sh*tload of powers...the 24 hour rule doesn't really mean much.

And resurrection man can only have a few powers at once(3 if I remember correctly) plus he needs a device to "kill" him to do it. Harvey doesn't have that limit.

Harvey would pwn RM even easier than Vandal did.

Last edited by Avlon on Jul 31st, 2007 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 05:43 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by illadelph12
Could you please name round 2 something else besides "Black on Black Crime", Nvr?

Already done. It's just called 4d and co vs. Monica and co.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 11:53 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And this as well...

"I can command anything I desire."

(please log in to view the image)
Cool, he made some flames go out. thumb up

stick out tongue
Harvey would pwn RM even easier than Vandal did.
*sighs*

I think the mere fact that he's a Superman character, is what leads you to that conclusion.

But When this SuperMAN becomes one with the cosmos, as RM has....... Let me know. smile

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 02:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Cool, he made some flames go out. thumb up

stick out tongue
*sighs*

I think the mere fact that he's a Superman character, is what leads you to that conclusion.

But When this SuperMAN becomes one with the cosmos, as RM has....... Let me know. smile

So Vandal didn't take over RM's suicide machine and defeat him by killing him over and over again?

Let me know when that weakness is gone. smile

Especially considering that Harvey has technopathy reminiscent of Henshaw.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:22 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So Vandal didn't take over RM's suicide machine and defeat him by killing him over and over again?

Let me know when that weakness is gone. smile

Especially considering that Harvey has technopathy reminiscent of Henshaw.
In a PIS-free battle, it would go like this...

RM kills himself once, unites with the cosmos again, then simply takes the resurrection device off.

[or any combination in between] smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 31st, 2007 at 03:28 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:24 PM
Deadline

Firestorm is black?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:36 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Alfheim
Firestorm is black?
A few of his versions are, [as there are a few black people fused with the Firestorm Matrix now]. smile

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:39 PM
Deadline

oh.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:39 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

In a PIS-free battle, it would go like this...

RM kills himself once, unites with the cosmos again, then simply takes the resurrection device off.

[or any combination in between] smile

In a PIS free fight Harvey would automatically know what powers/kills RM and what he's planning due to his various forms of telepathy and much higher intelligence and take him out like Vandal did. There wouldn't be a coming back..otherwise he would have done that against Vandal.

And this time Martian Manhunter won't be there to save him. smile

If headnet is around, even worse...Harvey will know EVERYTHING he needs to know even faster.

Last edited by Avlon on Jul 31st, 2007 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:53 PM
-K-M-

Do you mean the Lantern that the kids found on new earth in the ION series?

Tangent came around long after Earth Prime was wiped out in the original crisis.

I remember seeing the kids picking it up in Infinite Crisis, I havn't read when this transpired in Ion as I stop collecting the run after like #7 or something. What happened?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:54 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I remember seeing the kids picking it up in Infinite Crisis, I havn't read when this transpired in Ion as I stop collecting the run after like #7 or something. What happened?

That was Tangent GL's lantern. The kids were playing with it and Tangent GL appeared. She started sending souls into the bleed, and in their place started bringing Tangent characters through the bleed to New Earth in their place.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In a PIS free fight. Harvey would automatically know what powers/kills RM and what he's planning due to his various forms of telepathy and much higher intelligence and take him out like Vandal did. There wouldn't be a coming back..otherwise he would have done that against Vandal.

And this time Martian Manhunter won't be there to save him. smile

If headnet is around, even worse...Harvey will know EVERYTHING he needs to know even faster.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman pwns everyone in your eyes, so there's no need to drag this out any further.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:58 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman pwns everyone in your eyes, so there's no need to drag this out any further. smile

*Sigh*

And him winning seems to annoy you. After all, you're the one who came in this thread to nitpick over a simple comparison. Nobody said the characters were identical.

Good thing I know both characters just fine, but yes...let's not drag this any further. smile

Last edited by Avlon on Jul 31st, 2007 at 04:01 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Sigh*

And him winning seems to annoy you.
It only annoys me when people put their love for a character over all logic and reason.

Not saying that's what you're doing, just saying that's the only thing that "annoys" me. smile

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:02 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

It only annoys me when people put their love for a character over all logic and reason.

Not saying that's what you're doing, just saying that's the only thing that "annoys" me. smile

No offense taken...after all, that "annoys" me too. I had to give Eradicator a loss not too long ago. sad

I'm sure you saw my point though..all jokes aside.

Characters like Ress 1M, and SuperMAN are tough to debate due to both limited appearances AND their ability to gain whatever power is needed to defeat just about anyone.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No offense taken...after all, that "annoys" me too.

I'm sure you saw my point though..all jokes aside.

Characters like Ress 1M, and SuperMAN are tough to debate due to both limited appearances AND their ability to gain whatever power is needed to defeat just about anyone.
Cool, I agree with this. thumb up

All I disagreed with from the start, was SuperMAN being unquestionably more powerful than RM.

I agree it would be close, but you must also agree that RM has done more on panel, in terms of what type of power he can manifest, [ie. uniting with the cosmos].

That was the only thing I had a slight problem with. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 31st, 2007 at 04:21 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:18 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Cool, I agree with this. thumb up

All I disagreed with from the start, was SuperMAN being unquestionably more powerful than RM.

I agree it would be close, but you must also agree that RM has done more on panel, in terms of what type of power he can manifest, [ie. uniting with the cosmos].

That was the only thing I had a slight problem with. smile

Never said that Harvey was unquestionably more powerful than RM. The thing is that while RM has been shown to have an exploitable weakness that characters like SuperMAN or Cyborg could take advantage of fairly easily.

Harvey hasn't shown any weaknesses yet and the fact that he constantly upgrades permanently every hour makes him a tough opponent.

I just tried to put it in a tangerine to orange type comparison for those who aren't aware of their abilities.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:34 PM