KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » How do imagine Ariana to look.

How do imagine Ariana to look.
Started by: Silent Dreams

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Dreams
Restricted

Account Restricted

How do imagine Ariana to look.

I was going to request a new signature of how I imagine Ariana Dumbledore to look.

But I oticed that the book doesnt describe her very well.

I imagine her with long white/blond hair with piercing blue eyes.

How does anybody else imagine Ariana to look?

Yoru ga samishii nante fushigi ne

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 06:22 AM
Silent Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

I think she's a little bit like a girl version of Harry's description in the first book, small and scrawny, with pointy elbows and she would be very delicate.

I think there was a breif description of the portrait in the hogshead which was her and she had long blond hair and peircing blue eyes. I think her hair would be curly.

I don't know why I think this but I do.

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 12:26 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

There's a chapter image of her in the US edition - of her portrait that the students use to go into Hogwarts from the Hog's Head - I just don't remember what chapter number that is.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 07:47 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

chapter twenty-eight
here, I scanned it for you =)

Attachment: scan.jpg
This has been downloaded 113 time(s).

Is there a dragon nearby? because I'm on FIRE!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:11 PM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

The U.S version has illustrations? Oh dear.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:36 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I really dislike the illustrations of the U.S. editions....

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:52 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

I actually disagree
they've always helped me alotttt
and you can always be sure they're accurate because JK given the discriptions to the artist of how she pictures it

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:55 PM
goddess_susu is currently offline Click here to Send goddess_susu a Private Message Find more posts by goddess_susu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I don't know....they're done by Mary Grand-Pré, right?
They just look a bit too....I don't know, cartoony for me.

EDIT: That illustration doesn't seem to match the description from the book. Perhaps it was just me, but I imagined the painted-Ariana standing in a room with a large tunnel painted behind her. In that illustration, there are stairs.

Last edited by The Rover on Jul 29th, 2007 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:57 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

like I wouldn't have understood Xenophilius's drawing of the dathly hallows of I hadn't seen the drawing

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 08:59 PM
miss_swann
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Pictures in Harry Potter... nooooooooo! It's all about imagining for yourself that's why I don't go see the movies! I agree with the person that said the thing about a blond girl version of Harry, I drew a picture which I can't show you because I don't have a scanner, but I can post it on the 31st of August.

I can't make sigs, Silent Dreams can.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:01 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I don't mean to say that they aren't helpful; what I should say is that its a matter of taste.

EDIT: The chapter only describes Ariana as being blond. Is she not described or seen in the pictures of Rita Skeeter's book, though, or during their trip to Godric's Hollow?

Last edited by The Rover on Jul 29th, 2007 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:02 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Whoever needs help in using their imagination, shouldn't be allowed to have one.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:05 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

its ok, I understand. but for me, for example, since English is not my first language, I like to have the drawings, they speak all languages! lol
The least of my problems is my emagination, believe me!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:06 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course if English is not your first language, it's a different story all together.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:10 PM
goddess_susu
half elf half witch

wow
we got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of subject
lol

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:13 PM
miss_swann

How do you spel Ariana/Arianna? Someone on here has their name with two n's but I thought it was one?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:22 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Well, "Ariana" (with one "n") is the historically justified form and which is used in the book.

Last edited by The Rover on Jul 29th, 2007 at 09:28 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2007 09:24 PM
Arianna

It's always me! I can't spell anything!

But a girl in my school (a year below, I think) has two n's. The way I wrote for my name.

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 07:44 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by miss_swann
Pictures in Harry Potter... nooooooooo! It's all about imagining for yourself that's why I don't go see the movies! I agree with the person that said the thing about a blond girl version of Harry, I drew a picture which I can't show you because I don't have a scanner, but I can post it on the 31st of August.

They're just chapter illustration. Little pictures underneath the chapter titles. Not actual full pictures or anything roll eyes (sarcastic) They're pretty cool, actually.

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/album/3265

Those are the chapter arts for Deathly Hallows.

Anyway, I don't think Ariana's really described much other than having long blond hair. It's reasonable to assume that she has blue eyes as both her brothers do.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 4th, 2007 12:04 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miss_swann

I think those pictures suck! If I ever see the movies that's how disappointing I imagine them to be.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 09:25 PM