KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Silver Surfer!

Respect the Silver Surfer!
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Before that, he's been one-shotted by weak Galactus, and other level Galactus's a couple times... just a little FYI.
There's no doubt he's gotten a bit of a powerup.

yes

Thanks.

true, not saying he hasn't been one-shotted on occasion, comes with the territory for Surfer no expression. but he's also got a long history, going back to his rebellion from Galactus, of getting swatted away by Galactus without losing consciousness or even much momentum.

he definitely has been upgraded but, I'd say that's more evidenced by Galactus saying he would upgrade Surfer, than the T&A fight itself.

oh and the blackbody he absorbed during his fight with UniLord, I think that might have been the only upgrade he's ever given himself (aside from temporary amps using solar/cosmic energies, to achieve particular immediate objectives).

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:25 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
All will be revealed

Originally posted by janus77
true, not saying he hasn't been one-shotted on occasion, comes with the territory for Surfer no expression. but he's also got a long history, going back to his rebellion from Galactus, of getting swatted away by Galactus without losing consciousness or even much momentum.

he definitely has been upgraded but, I'd say that's more evidenced by Galactus saying he would upgrade Surfer, than the T&A fight itself.

oh and the blackbody he absorbed during his fight with UniLord, I think that might have been the only upgrade he's ever given himself (aside from temporary amps using solar/cosmic energies, to achieve particular immediate objectives).
I know. However, he was taken out during those fights... he continued fighting T&A.

Meh. I don't think Surfer pre-powerup would have taken those blows like that...

He's also got a piece of Deathurge within him forever as well...

smile

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 18th, 2008 at 06:47 PM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 06:43 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

what does the Deathurge power-up contribute?
I wish they'd actually made some reference to that, in later comics.

could have been a good way to enhance his astral projection and travel powers... maybe that's why he's been using those powers recently (In Thy Name)?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:22 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
All will be revealed

Originally posted by janus77
what does the Deathurge power-up contribute?
I wish they'd actually made some reference to that, in later comics.

could have been a good way to enhance his astral projection and travel powers... maybe that's why he's been using those powers recently (In Thy Name)?
I presume all around power-up (durability, strength, blasts, speed, etc). Since He later blew off Rune's hand with the IG...

It's a power-up though, and that's about all I know about it. Maybe someone with better knowledge of Deathurge could tell what it might contribute to greater effect.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2008 07:37 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Purdiest li'l thing

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 20th, 2008 06:58 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Surfer breaks out of Dr Strange's magical bonds-

http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfer2ph4.jpg

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 12th, 2008 10:32 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Surfer breaks out of Dr Strange's magical bonds-

http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surfer2ph4.jpg

Thats from Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme issue 37 or 38 I think and that was not the real Silver Surfer.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 07:14 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

From Nova #14..

Surfer's blitz.. Nova didn't even know what hit him and Surfer attack him from a front..

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Both Richard and Worldmind agreed that they are outclassed by Surfer..

Surfer unscathed from a max shield and full gravametric blitz/assault by Nova..

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Surfer shielded all the Ark ships drive-tech in Orbucen (planet) from electro-magnetic distortion.. He does it in a blink of an eye..

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

My Artwork

Last edited by Ambient on Jun 5th, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 12:37 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

whoa!
damn, gotta get the torrent!

Surfer Speedblitz!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 12:56 AM
nimbus006
Accuser

Nice scans Roldz!!

That is my favorite Surfer artwork yet!!

By: Juk

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 01:08 AM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Thanks...

The artwork is one of the best thats for sure..

My Artwork

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 03:08 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can anyone tell me, where SS battled Thanos and actually being a challenge to him?

Last edited by Xplosive on Jun 6th, 2008 at 05:14 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 05:06 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

in the dreams of many a Surfer fan no expression.

I don't think I've ever seen Surfer challenge/test Thanos much. it's one of Marvel's unstated rules that Surfer must turn into a moron when fighting Thanos (or Thor even messed).

given Surfer's record for damage soak against Galactus, T&A, UniLord, Murungu (sp?)... Surfer should be able to really make Thanos work, at the very least. instead no expression.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 09:46 AM
Bentley
Hero Class

In Magic the gathering terms Thanos has "protection for Surfer".

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 10:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

It kinda makes sense, doesn't it? Thanos had everything the classic Surfer had to a higher degree, with the exception of speed. Add to that superior intellect and ruthlessness and you've got yourself a Surfer killer!

Still, I'd like to see Silver Surfer as he is now stack up against Thanos. And I'd like to see him take a solid win from current Thor. There, I said it! big grin

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 02:38 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am not a Silver Surfer fan at all, never was, but he should always be a challenge for Thanos. Especially after Annihilation, I think with proper writing, the battle between him and Thanos should be hard.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 03:21 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by Xplosive
I am not a Silver Surfer fan at all, never was, but he should always be a challenge for Thanos. Especially after Annihilation, I think with proper writing, the battle between him and Thanos should be hard.
This is just my opinion, but I think Thanos is written properly, most of the time. I think he makes a spectacular Surfer villain because he's beyond Surfer. The purpose of a great villain is not to equal the hero, but to push the hero beyond his or her limits. And what better way to accomplish that but with a villain that IS beyond the limits of the hero?

I do agree that the playing field between Surfer and Thanos should be leveled somewhat post-Annihilation, but I don't mind Thanos having the edge. Honestly, I'd rather see the Surfer take it to characters like Sentry or Thor to end any remaining doubt about Surfer's Annihilation power up.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 04:17 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Acrosurge
This is just my opinion, but I think Thanos is written properly, most of the time. I think he makes a spectacular Surfer villain because he's beyond Surfer. The purpose of a great villain is not to equal the hero, but to push the hero beyond his or her limits. And what better way to accomplish that but with a villain that IS beyond the limits of the hero?

I do agree that the playing field between Surfer and Thanos should be leveled somewhat post-Annihilation, but I don't mind Thanos having the edge. Honestly, I'd rather see the Surfer take it to characters like Sentry or Thor to end any remaining doubt about Surfer's Annihilation power up.

thumb up thumb up

By: Juk

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 04:37 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I'd like to see Silver Surfer as he is now stack up against Thanos. And I'd like to see him take a solid win from current Thor. There, I said it! big grin

ditto^infinity yes

Old Post Jun 6th, 2008 07:24 PM
Naija boy

Still, I'd like to see Silver Surfer as he is now stack up against Thanos. And I'd like to see him take a solid win from current Thor. There, I said it! big grin

I totally agree. Post annihalation surfer had a huge durability upgrade which would make a match against thanos more interesting. Also current thor may have the odin force but by feats id still put current surfer ahead of him.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:22 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote