KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Silver Surfer!

Respect the Silver Surfer!
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I do agree that the playing field between Surfer and Thanos should be leveled somewhat post-Annihilation, but I don't mind Thanos having the edge. Honestly, I'd rather see the Surfer take it to characters like Sentry or Thor to end any remaining doubt about Surfer's Annihilation power up.

Let's hope the writers are thinking along the same lines...and not another armbar.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:15 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

I daresay Abnett and Lanning would give Surfer a great showing against Thor, as would Giffen. JMS would probably have Surfer stalemate or lose to Thor (since he has been working hard to move Thor up in the respect hierarchy). McDuffie; well, we've already seen what he would do. Loeb? sick

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 09:47 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Just chiming in here; I think that Post-Annihilation Surfer should give current Thor a good run for his money if he doesn't beat him in the end. Overall it would be, if written right, a good showing for both of their upgrades if Thor kept his Rune magic. Other than his few showings at the end of Thor Disassembled he really didn't show case this power up that supposedly put him over Odin in power.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 04:58 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardamu
Herald of Galactus

Silver Surfer can go through a sun without to be burned !

(please log in to view the image)

Farther than infinite

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 07:11 AM
Bardamu is currently offline Click here to Send Bardamu a Private Message Find more posts by Bardamu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

handy that, what with all the stars he flies through... confused

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 12:00 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Surfer erases a character's "cone of psilence":

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 05:17 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steven Sykora

darthgoober, I was going to PM you the link to the beginnings of the Respect Article for Silver Surfer so you could see exactly what I was doing, but it says I need to be more popular or something before I post links (to prevent spam). Anyway, if you want to see it I have yahoo and aim instant messengers. My username is projectfanboy on both.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 12:01 AM
Steven Sykora is currently offline Click here to Send Steven Sykora a Private Message Find more posts by Steven Sykora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steven Sykora

There we go, it let me put it in my signature. Now you can see how it looks in the WikiFans format. Much more professional IMO. Not done yet though. I can't say you're not thorough! There's a TON of information here! LOL

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 03:55 PM
Steven Sykora is currently offline Click here to Send Steven Sykora a Private Message Find more posts by Steven Sykora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steven Sykora

Finally done with everything up to combat... I'm on Non-Cannon stuff now. After I get done with the rest of darthgoobers Silver Surfer posts, does anyone mind if I use your scans (I'd host them myself) in updating the article?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 01:05 AM
Steven Sykora

Ok, I think I'm done for now. I'll probably leave out the ladies man stuff though. LOL

If anyone has any other feats they feel should be in the article, feel free to edit it. (You don't have to be registerred to edit)

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 03:17 PM
DeathKap
Vaizard

Just wanna say surfur rules

Sig By Starlock

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 07:45 AM
DeathKap is currently offline Click here to Send DeathKap a Private Message Find more posts by DeathKap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Ambient
From Nova #14..

Surfer's blitz.. Nova didn't even know what hit him and Surfer attack him from a front..

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

You know if you look on the last page of the previous comic it actually looks more like Surfer grabs Nova by the throat then punches him...

...and that would make the speed even more impressive. If some closes a gap, grabs you by the throat, and then then throws you and you think it was an energy blast... well they must have been moving pretty freakin quick.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 06:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

the Surfer looks awesome in that scan. determined, willed, pissed.
totally un-Norrin, basically.

this is one sly "reboot" of Surfer, now that he's back with Galactus and more powerful than ever.

wonder if he'll cross paths with Thanos sometime in the future...

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:05 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Galan007
Surfer erases a character's "cone of psilence":

good display of cosmic awareness also.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 07:12 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Originally posted by darthgoober
You know if you look on the last page of the previous comic it actually looks more like Surfer grabs Nova by the throat then punches him...

...and that would make the speed even more impressive. If some closes a gap, grabs you by the throat, and then then throws you and you think it was an energy blast... well they must have been moving pretty freakin quick.

The way i look at it, he grabs and lightly throws him then turns around for a fore arm blitz..

Eitherway its an even more impressive speed to grab someone and he thinks it was some kind of energy...

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 07:34 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roleplay

I am highly impressed with all the awesome comic scans you collected in this thread. I really enjoy seeing Surfer kick so much ass. Thanks for creating this !

I'm a member of Roleplay Adventures.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2008 08:40 PM
roleplay is currently offline Click here to Send roleplay a Private Message Find more posts by roleplay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Wow. Just cool.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 01:14 AM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by tsscls
Wow. Just cool.

Just wait till you see the one I'm currently working on...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 01:28 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman XX5

Surfer collides with the planets barrier there was enough pressure to alter the axis of a planet. Really good durability feat.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/...r1978GN-081.jpg
http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/...r1978GN-088.jpg

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 03:04 AM
Superman XX5 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman XX5 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman XX5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Capz-C
Surfer collides with the planets barrier there was enough pressure to alter the axis of a planet. Really good durability feat.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/...r1978GN-081.jpg
http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/...r1978GN-088.jpg

What's that from?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2008 03:08 AM