KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect the Silver Surfer!

Respect the Silver Surfer!
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kgkg
Vigilante

puts someone to sleep
smile

Attachment: sleep.jpg
This has been downloaded 423 time(s).

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 10:39 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

De Gravity baby big grin

Attachment: degravity.jpg
This has been downloaded 468 time(s).

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 10:39 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

SS can increase any stats at will to ANY DEGREE here he starts dominating the thing in H2H

Attachment: streght.jpg
This has been downloaded 598 time(s).

Last edited by kgkg on Nov 8th, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 10:40 PM
Leobama

Good work, kgkg!!!!! This is what i'm talking about!!!! This thread is good!!!!! I've been reading alot of vs. threads where these doods keep saying that superman would beat the Surfer but i STRONGLY disagree. The Surfer seems to have WAY too many powers for superman to contend with. To me, the fight shouldn't last more than a couple of minutes. If that. A couple of questions: how do you think norrin would do against superman, wonder woman (since alot of dc fans rank her so high), hal jordan or the Juggernaut? Also, is it true that they're doing a surfer movie? Keep up the good work playa.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 05:59 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Leobama
I've been reading alot of vs. threads where these doods keep saying that superman would beat the Surfer

Must be a different forum. KMC is fairly delirious with Surfer hype.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 02:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Must be a different forum. KMC is fairly delirious with Surfer hype.
Forgive me but i beg to differ. Have you read some of the superman threads? More importantly, have you read the superman vs. Silver Surfer thread? And for the record it is a KMC thread.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2008 06:19 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

BFR - Shows control of environment this is a guy who was kicking the shit out of thor

Attachment: bfr.jpg
This has been downloaded 472 time(s).

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 03:41 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Phasing / Vision feat

Attachment: visionphase.jpg
This has been downloaded 437 time(s).

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 03:42 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Goes through a RED giant star like nothing

Attachment: star.jpg
This has been downloaded 511 time(s).

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 03:44 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Shrinks to enter the Subatomic world

Attachment: subatomic.jpg
This has been downloaded 431 time(s).

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 03:45 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Forgive me but i beg to differ. Have you read some of the superman threads? More importantly, have you read the superman vs. Silver Surfer thread? And for the record it is a KMC thread.

Fair enough. With any 2 ridiculously powered individuals, and popular ones at that, you won't ever find unanimous opinions. But if you made the thread and included a poll, for example, Surfer would maintain a comfortable lead. And yes, I've read the threads. A few vocal supporters of a character do not a trend make. And yes, there are Supes supporters. In the minority, however, which was my point all along. Hell, I've seen Surfer vs. JLA threads (including Supes and many others) with people supporting Surfer (correctly in the minority in those threads, however). Surfer gets his respect, which is deserved.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 04:23 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Fair enough. With any 2 ridiculously powered individuals, and popular ones at that, you won't ever find unanimous opinions. But if you made the thread and included a poll, for example, Surfer would maintain a comfortable lead. And yes, I've read the threads. A few vocal supporters of a character do not a trend make. And yes, there are Supes supporters. In the minority, however, which was my point all along. Hell, I've seen Surfer vs. JLA threads (including Supes and many others) with people supporting Surfer (correctly in the minority in those threads, however). Surfer gets his respect, which is deserved.
You're right. The more I look around, the more I c that the Surfer does get his due. But not trying to turning this into a vs. thread or a debate or anything, but in your personal opinion who would win between the Surfer and superman?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2008 06:55 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

You're right. The more I look around, the more I c that the Surfer does get his due. But not trying to turning this into a vs. thread or a debate or anything, but in your personal opinion who would win between the Surfer and superman?

Forum consensus seems sound to me in this case, though I'm not an expert on either.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 12:34 AM
Leobama

I hear that the Surfer has recently got a power boost . . . . . . . . WOW. Like he needed it. Can anybody tell me the extent of this boost. I mean who would we say his power is on par with now?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 05:30 AM
Naija boy

I hear that the Surfer has recently got a power boost . . . . . . . . WOW. Like he needed it. Can anybody tell me the extent of this boost. I mean who would we say his power is on par with now?

Well has gotten an upgrade. And he seems to be more ruthless. The only indication of his power maybe is when he was able to match thanos power output in annihilation( Not saying he is equal to thanos ). And well there is his fight against Tenebrous and Aegis two galactus level beings. whereere he took multiple aimed to kill attacks from them and wasnt koed( He was hurt but still no KO). He was then able to channel the crunch energies and use it to defeat them.while weakened( Mind u galactus himself admitted that Channeling the crunch would be difficult for even him). U can draw ur own conclusions from that but it safe to say he is more powerful than before.

Anyway back to feats,

SS crushes superskrulls head with some kind of invisible vise. SS could have easily killed him and superskrull is pretty durable.

(please log in to view the image)

Here SS while merged with Alicia( Note that alicia was not adding to his power in any way shape or form) creates a forcefield that withstands the blast from the Skrier, who shud be high skyfather level at least.( He was easily going to destroy mephisto).

(please log in to view the image)

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Last edited by Naija boy on Nov 12th, 2008 at 07:55 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:50 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superman XX5

Originally posted by Mindship
What year was this comic (FF, I presume) published?

I believe this may be the first time the term "power cosmic" (as opposed to "cosmic power") is used (I think it preceeds Surfer's use of the term in SS vol 1, issue 2, where SS is blasting the giant alien robot...that was in 1968).
Thats from Silver Surfer the ultimate cosmic experience.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 01:18 AM
Superman XX5 is currently offline Click here to Send Superman XX5 a Private Message Find more posts by Superman XX5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

Surfer is the man. I've read that Thor has beaten him multiple times and the surfer has never beaten him. Is this true? If so it's BS!!!!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 06:53 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Surfer is the man. I've read that Thor has beaten him multiple times and the surfer has never beaten him. Is this true? If so it's BS!!!!
It's false Thor only beat Surfer once in WM thor he was more powerful than his standard self. And Surfer said Thor power are greater than Power cosmic like when Loki had him attack Asgard( when ss was weaker)

but Thor has never truly defeated Surfer. Infact in two what if issue SS beat thor pretty easily , Also Surfer beat Durok when he pretty much killed Thor. There was another time When a warning shot from Surfer nearly killed Thor and the Avengers.

Surfer and Thor are shown as equal I would put Surfer higher due to his versatility and speed. Thor wins in Power department

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 07:42 AM
Naija boy

Not true at all.thor only beat SS in the Blood and Thunder arc where he was amped. No other time has SS ever lost to thor.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2008 04:00 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobama

I really don't see how Thor could beat the Surfer myself. I haven't read the comics that you fellas are referring to, but going strictly by their powersets, I personally feel that the surfer should win everytime if not the majority of vs. battles between the two. But that's my opinion.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2008 07:23 AM