KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » How would you introduce carnage? (if you had to)

How would you introduce carnage? (if you had to)
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Toku King
Why are you acting like I'm not a fan of Venom? I'm a huge fan. I think ASM 316-317 was one of the best Spider-Man stories of all time. I have all sorts of Venom comics. In fact, 80s Venom is side by side GG and Doc Ock as one of my all time favorite Spider-Man villains. And as a big fan of Venom, I too was a bit disappointed, but he still felt a bit like classic Venom to me nonetheless. Though I do wish that Sony would have just saved him for a solo villain role.

It's the impression you give...but yeah i too belive they should have left him for Spider-Man 4 instead of making him a rush job.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 09:39 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
It's the impression you give

What impression? I've told you and everyone else that I love Venom since my first day here.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 09:53 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

You don't really give the impression that you do though.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 09:59 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

You don't really give the impression that you do though.

Even though I praised cartoon Venom and said he was just like in the early comics, expressed my excitement for Brock's return to comics, and hate Venom III and have said numerous times that Brock should come back as Venom?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 10:04 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Lets let's be honest everyone hates Venom III.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 10:28 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Acutally, not really. Non-Venom fans are ok with it.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 10:30 PM
Magic_attack
Master of the Torrent

Venom III FTW!!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 10:38 PM
Magic_attack is currently offline Click here to Send Magic_attack a Private Message Find more posts by Magic_attack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

nah even they don't like Venom III, or even Venom in general.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 10:38 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

nah even they don't like Venom III, or even Venom in general.

Actually, a couple of my comic nerd buddies like him, which is why I say non-die hard Venom fans kind of like him.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2008 10:41 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

Nope SM3 was the only SM film i went to see at the cinema all for Venom, and he was a disappointment.

So you're not a Spider-Man fan. Just a Venom fan.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 11:35 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Actually, a couple of my comic nerd buddies like him, which is why I say non-die hard Venom fans kind of like him.

They must be destroyed!

So you're not a Spider-Man fan. Just a Venom fan.

who is a Spider-Man fan compered to Venom? he's so much more of a badass.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 11:44 PM
Mr. Rhythmic

who is a Spider-Man fan compered to Venom? he's so much more of a badass.

Venom's cool, but I love Spider-Man more. Not because he's badass, but because he's a character that you really care about. I rooted for him in 'May This Be My Destiny' for his strength and determination, and have loved him since AF #15 because of his originality, wit, caring nature, cheesy dialogue, and relatability.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 12:02 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

And he's also sly, one example being when he breaks his word to Venom, after Venom helped him take down Carnage

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 12:10 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

And he's also sly, one example being when he breaks his word to Venom, after Venom helped him take down Carnage

That wasn't sly, though, but more of both needing one another.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 12:35 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

yeah then he goes and breaks his promise to Eddie, no wonder why Venom goes insane when he's around Spider-Man

Speaking of that first Carnage issue, i liked it when Spider-Man bit JJJ head off about how he should keep his word, JJ says something like "Captain America would have kept his word" and Spidey just lost it with him, moments like that need to be in the next films.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 10:49 AM
Mr. Rhythmic

yeah then he goes and breaks his promise to Eddie, no wonder why Venom goes insane when he's around Spider-Man

When has he ever broken his promise?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 06:00 PM