KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.

The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.

In general, I consider rabid Harry Potter fans to be something less than human, relatively unworthy of my time.

However, you may be able to redeem yourselves by answering this question:

"Why is the Cruciatus curse unforgivable?"

I'll give you a hint: there are two reasons, and only one of them is specifically mentioned.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 02:52 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Any time you put someone in pain intentionally is quite unforgivable in my eyes.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 03:49 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess those doctors who worked pre-anesthesia were all going straight to hell, then.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:00 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Because it's torture. Think whatever us Muggles have for torture, take that and mutiply it five times over. They have magic to do it, we don't.

Do you think torture is a forgivable thing?

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:00 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

You have only given the obvious reason. I told you that there were two.

Then again, what was I to expect from H.P. fanatics...?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 05:50 AM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FeceMan

Wow, you are rude and stupid, how does this combination help you outside the forums? Been violently attacked lately? No? Shame sad

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 10:31 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

hmm...how about a wand up your a$$.

honestly. if you think it is such a waste of time why bother. Wiki it or something. don't get an excuse to push around HP fanatics of which we are proud to be

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 10:48 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Rather than being offensive, why don't you enlighten us, oh brilliant one?

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 12:20 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Re: The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.

In general, I consider rabid Harry Potter fans to be something less than human, relatively unworthy of my time.

However, you may be able to redeem yourselves by answering this question:

"Why is the Cruciatus curse unforgivable?"

I'll give you a hint: there are two reasons, and only one of them is specifically mentioned.

Because if you were closer to me I would have used it on you. And only then you would realize whow stupid you are to come here and bark so stupidly. You prat

I'm giving you a hint: Do this again and I will report you!

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 01:19 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

You know the reason most people troll on Harry Potter fans is because they claim to be able to do magic on them? erm

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 01:22 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Statement: The responses elicited are those as expected from Harry Potter fans--both unintelligent and demonstrating the inability to see beyond the figurative ends of their own noses.

Statement: There are two components to the Cruciatus curse: the incantation itself and the will of the caster.

Evidence: In the battle of the Department of Mysteries, Harry attempts to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange. It is ineffective, and she taunts him saying, "You've got to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

She also explains that the Cruciatus curse is only effective when the caster is causing pain for the (perverse) enjoyment of causing another to be in pain.

Corollary: For the Cruciatus curse to work, it indicates a mentality in the caster: sadism.

Conclusion: The Cruciatus curse is unforgivable not only because it is a curse designed specifically to torture, but the curse's effectiveness is based upon the mindset of the caster that, when effective, indicates that the caster is dangerous to everyone around him or her.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 04:12 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Statement: The responses elicited are those as expected from Harry Potter fans--both unintelligent and demonstrating the inability to see beyond the figurative ends of their own noses.

Statement: There are two components to the Cruciatus curse: the incantation itself and the will of the caster.

Evidence: In the battle of the Department of Mysteries, Harry attempts to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange. It is ineffective, and she taunts him saying, "You've got to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

She also explains that the Cruciatus curse is only effective when the caster is causing pain for the (perverse) enjoyment of causing another to be in pain.

Corollary: For the Cruciatus curse to work, it indicates a mentality in the caster: sadism.

Conclusion: The Cruciatus curse is unforgivable not only because it is a curse designed specifically to torture, but the curse's effectiveness is based upon the mindset of the caster that, when effective, indicates that the caster is dangerous to everyone around him or her.

Ok.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 07:08 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

*Claps*

If anything, it sounds like it is you who has put too much time into thinking about Harry Potter.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 07:13 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Well written, no doubt spot on, blah blah blah.

I am, however, offended by the fact that you decided to label every HP fan as 'unintelligent' and unable to 'see beyond... their own noses'. I don't think it likely that you'll care whether I'm offended or not, I just thought I'd throw it out there. I'm offended. I love Harry Potter, I don't think I'm stupid or short-sighted and I am offended smile

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 08:21 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

If you aren't a HP fan then how do you know all this??

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 08:24 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

He's lying

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 08:28 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Infinity
Big Boss

Re: Re: The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.

Originally posted by Unicor777
I'm giving you a hint: Do this again and I will report you!

xDDD no1 likes a snitch

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 08:30 PM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Why make a thread asking why it's unforgivable when you know why it's unforgivable? confused

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 08:50 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arianna

I'm unintelligent but a lot of HP fans are really clever and work out all the inner meanings to stuff.

For your information I did know both reasons the cruciatus curse is unforgivable! And I'm really stupid! So it doesn't make you clever knowing if people like me can work it out!

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 09:19 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by steverules
Why make a thread asking why it's unforgivable when you know why it's unforgivable? confused

Because the Creator of the thread gets to seem more intelligent by calling others stupid and boring us with a piece of information I couldn't care less about but makes the guy who insults everyone feel like a big clever boy yes

Old Post Jul 31st, 2007 10:17 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote