KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.

The Cruciatus Curse: Tell me why you believe it is unforgivable.
Started by: FeceMan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

thumb up

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 12:43 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surio
I wish magic was real. :(

I just want to know why Harry Potter fans are "less than human"

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 01:14 AM
Surio is currently offline Click here to Send Surio a Private Message Find more posts by Surio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FeceMan
Statement: The responses elicited are those as expected from Harry Potter fans--both unintelligent and demonstrating the inability to see beyond the figurative ends of their own noses.

Statement: There are two components to the Cruciatus curse: the incantation itself and the will of the caster.

Evidence: In the battle of the Department of Mysteries, Harry attempts to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange. It is ineffective, and she taunts him saying, "You've got to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

She also explains that the Cruciatus curse is only effective when the caster is causing pain for the (perverse) enjoyment of causing another to be in pain.

Corollary: For the Cruciatus curse to work, it indicates a mentality in the caster: sadism.

Conclusion: The Cruciatus curse is unforgivable not only because it is a curse designed specifically to torture, but the curse's effectiveness is based upon the mindset of the caster that, when effective, indicates that the caster is dangerous to everyone around him or her.

well well aren't we impressed smile. your questioning the curse could have done without the flame of the potter people

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:02 AM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Statement: The responses elicited are those as expected from Harry Potter fans--both unintelligent and demonstrating the inability to see beyond the figurative ends of their own noses.

Statement: There are two components to the Cruciatus curse: the incantation itself and the will of the caster.

Evidence: In the battle of the Department of Mysteries, Harry attempts to use the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix Lestrange. It is ineffective, and she taunts him saying, "You've got to mean them, Potter! Righteous anger won't hurt me for long."

She also explains that the Cruciatus curse is only effective when the caster is causing pain for the (perverse) enjoyment of causing another to be in pain.

Corollary: For the Cruciatus curse to work, it indicates a mentality in the caster: sadism.

Conclusion: The Cruciatus curse is unforgivable not only because it is a curse designed specifically to torture, but the curse's effectiveness is based upon the mindset of the caster that, when effective, indicates that the caster is dangerous to everyone around him or her.

What you've stated is no more than what some people have said, only with more words in quantity and complexity obviously used to make the writer seem more intelligent.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 02:08 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Statement: FeceMan has only insulted those Harry Potter fans as classified as "rabid."

Corollary: Unless one is a "rabid" Harry Potter fan, then one ought not to feel offended.
Originally posted by Council#13
What you've stated is no more than what some people have said, only with more words in quantity and complexity obviously used to make the writer seem more intelligent.

Statement: Failure has achieved maximum capacity. Council#13 should abort posting immediately.

Declaration: FeceMan has provided an insight into the Cruciatus curse that no one else on the Harry Potter forum did.

Conclusion: Council#13's statement is erroneous.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 05:15 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Statement: FeceMan has only insulted those Harry Potter fans as classified as "rabid."

Corollary: Unless one is a "rabid" Harry Potter fan, then one ought not to feel offended.

Statement: Failure has achieved maximum capacity. Council#13 should abort posting immediately.

Declaration: FeceMan has provided an insight into the Cruciatus curse that no one else on the Harry Potter forum did.

This post is full of win.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 08:11 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surio

Hmm, maybe because nobody cares?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 08:21 PM
Surio is currently offline Click here to Send Surio a Private Message Find more posts by Surio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Translating...........

Please, look at me! I'm a big and clever boy. By pointlessly angering Harry Potter fans, I've proven that my immaturity knows no bounds.I am the greatest!!!! WUHHHOOO eek! Happy Dance

Please pay me more attention.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 08:48 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

laughing

Oh, wow...

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 10:18 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrincessNk
.Confused.

lol

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:07 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surio

WillRules, that post made me laugh, and it's true! :O

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:10 PM
Infinity
Big Boss

Originally posted by Surio
WillRules, that post made me laugh, and it's true! :O

big grin

Old Post Aug 1st, 2007 11:15 PM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by willRules
Translating...........

Statement: Willrules is an idiot.

Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect.
Originally posted by Surio
Hmm, maybe because nobody cares?

Query: If nobody cares, then why did anybody try to answer the question posed?

Declaration: Surio is incorrect because there are at least some people who paid mind to the thread.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 02:41 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

We care about this thread and what you stated about to the same extent as a lazy college slacker cares about wiping his ass when he takes a shit, actually. Which is to say...not much.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 02:59 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect.

Declaration: Surio is incorrect because there are at least some people who paid mind to the thread.
Statement: FeceMan is a hypocrite.

Evidence: He claims he's able to see beyond, and pick up on deeper meaning, and subtle details, and yet he fails to realize that in the following sentence, "demonstrate" required an "s" at the end.

quote:
"His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect."

Conclusion: FeceMan needs to get laid.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 05:26 AM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ~KoK!~
Statement: FeceMan is a hypocrite.

Evidence: He claims he's able to see beyond, and pick up on deeper meaning, and subtle details, and yet he fails to realize that in the following sentence, "demonstrate" required an "s" at the end.

Conclusion: FeceMan needs to get laid.

Declaration: [Laughter, mocking.]

Statement: ~KoK!~ does not understand the manner in which English works with regard to plural nouns and verb conjugation.

Quotation: "Evidence: His grammar and analysis of FeceMan demonstrate a poor-quality intellect."

Statement: Truncating FeceMan's statement by using a pronoun to describe "grammar and analysis" reads as follows:

"Evidence: They demonstrate a poor-quality intellect."

Declaration: The antecedents of "they" in that sentence are "grammar" and "analysis"; the use of the "they" is correct.

Conclusion: Since "they" is plural, the verb "demonstrate" requires a third-person plural conjugation--which is the word "demonstrate" rather than demonstrates.

Corollary: ~KoK!~ should stop posting before he is further embarrassed.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 05:36 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

I'll give you a hint: there are two reasons, and only one of them is specifically mentioned.

If only one reason is mentioned, it's probably because it's the only reason.

Not unless you are Jk Rowling herself. Otherwise, the other reason is nothing more than your idea, and this thread is really only an excuse to bash Harry Potter fans.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 07:23 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Why are you sooo mean????? Is it because I'm a fan of Harry Potter? Is it because I replied to your insults in an equally insulting manner???

Or is it because it makes you feel good to go to a forum, insult it's regular residents with useless, witless prattle and then feel affronted when they don't pay you attention and obediently respect you for being the true master of the eloquent tongue that you are???????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In other words.............

YOU SUCK!

Last edited by willRules on Aug 2nd, 2007 at 10:33 AM

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 10:30 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Oooo clever. Maybe I'll consider your suggestion that I should stop posting. For about as long as you'll consider not going around purposely trying to offend people and instigate fights.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 01:27 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Barker
If only one reason is mentioned, it's probably because it's the only reason.

Not unless you are Jk Rowling herself. Otherwise, the other reason is nothing more than your idea, and this thread is really only an excuse to bash Harry Potter fans.

Statement: While FeceMan enjoys bashing Harry Potter fans, it is not the reason that FeceMan created this thread.
Why are you sooo mean????? Is it because I'm a fan of Harry Potter? Is it because I replied to your insults in an equally insulting manner???

Or is it because it makes you feel good to go to a forum, insult it's regular residents with useless, witless prattle and then feel affronted when they don't pay you attention and obediently respect you for being the true master of the eloquent tongue that you are???????? roll eyes (sarcastic)

In other words.............

Declaration: FeceMan is only cruel when others have made themselves deserving of his cruelty.
Originally posted by Council#13
Oooo clever. Maybe I'll consider your suggestion that I should stop posting. For about as long as you'll consider not going around purposely trying to offend people and instigate fights.

Statement: A single retort filled with such terrible wit has never stung FeceMan so.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 03:42 PM