KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » God of War

God of War
Started by: Kal-El_08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would you recast a white actress as Gail, now, if you could?

Rosario Dawson is black, Gail isn't. It's a simple question.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:00 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, to be honest, if I were in charge of casting for Sin City, I'd have looked for a white actress if the character was white. The character was definitely white, you say? I have never read the comic, just so you know.

Yeah. Pretty white.

(please log in to view the image)

I think Rosario Dawson was an excellent cast though.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:02 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Bardock42

Agreed. Even if I had read the graphic novel(s) before watching the movie, I still would have liked Rosario's performance.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:04 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree, she was, and she proves my point.

Hence why I'm asking him if he'd cast a white actress, because she is white (And it has nothing to do with the printing, because Manute is black, and he is black in the comics).

If he wouldn't re-cast her as white, his original, long-winded argument sort of backfires. Yet, he won't answer me, no matter how civilly I ask, so I suppose it's up to someone else to ask.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:05 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. Pretty white.

Thats a B & W pic, bro. I believe you, no worries, I just wanna see it, you know? Is there a pic of whats his name? Michael Duncan Clarke's character? (I think thats his correct name stick out tongue )

BTW: Rosario aint "Black."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosario_Dawson

Dawson's mother is of Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban descent and her father is of Irish and Native American ancestry.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:10 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

So....if a black man is cast as Kratos, it would be an innacurate casting, because, according to history, blacks could be only slaves in Ancient Greece.

So.....Kratos must be white.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:12 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

She's not white either, so quit the dodging and answer the question.

From his bio:

Manute:

"A huge African-American man, typically dressed as a valet, who is very gentlemanly and polite in all situations, even while committing homicide, who served Ava Lord and is later recruited by the Colonel and Wallenquist. He is also nigh indestructible, having been crucified (by Miho), shot repeatedly (by Dwight), beat up numerous times (by Marv and Wallace), and relieved of an eye (again, by Marv). Manute is finally gunned down by Old Town hookers during 'The Big Fat Kill'. In the deleted scenes, he was shown to have escaped from the assault by the Old Town girls with Schutz and another thug, only to be sliced down the middle by Miho in an alley way. Portrayed by Michael Clarke Duncan in the film adaptation."

He's black.

So what's the deal? Rosario was awesome, but she wasn't white, so what would you do? It shouldn't have taken this long for you to answer a simple question. If you need reminding of your initial stance, it's this:

No matter how well a character is played, skin tone should be adhered to.

Let this thread be marked so he can never accuse anyone of dodging again.

It's funny really.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:14 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Thats a B & W pic, bro. I believe you, no worries, I just wanna see it, you know? Is there a pic of whats his name? Michael Duncan Clarke's character? (I think thats his correct name stick out tongue )

BTW: Rosario aint "Black."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosario_Dawson

Dawson's mother is of Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban descent and her father is of Irish and Native American ancestry.

Of course it is a black and white picture. Sin City is a black and white comic.

Also, when I say black, I don't mean of deeply african descent. But chocolately coloured no expression

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:21 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of course it is a black and white picture. Sin City is a black and white comic.

Also, when I say black, I don't mean of deeply african descent. But chocolately coloured no expression
Chocolately laughing out loud

Yeah, well, I guess I gotta admit that was a casting discrepancy, even if she did a great job. The movie being B & W, in addition to her being light skinned, makes it not as hard to accept though.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:35 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

How could someone throw away his stance like that?

Talk about not being a man and standing by your words. Well, I'm satisfied that I've proven my point, since he just gave what definitely amounts to a 180 degree turn (Unless he corrects himself).

Have we established what Kratos should be?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 06:53 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

You hear typed words on a computer screen?

You make love to your hand thrice daily?

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
What a silly thread.

A German, a gay who lives in a far away land, and Agent Smith*. Who'd have thought?

*Cos he dodges well.

-AC

Finally, AC comes out! The YMCA has a new member*!

*You, 'cos you joined their club.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 09:44 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 09:54 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
You make love to your hand thrice daily?

Finally, AC comes out! The YMCA has a new member*!

*You, 'cos you joined their club.
Yeah.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 10:52 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Guess what I love the smell of guys?

Much younger girls. Too young. Oh wait, that's not me, that's someone else.

And yes, Krunk'd, everyone's stayed at the Y, because it's fun apparently.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:27 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Yeah.

Cool.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
And yes, Krunk'd, everyone's stayed at the Y, because it's fun apparently.

-AC

I heard that. Apparently, they have everything for a man to enjoy AND you can hang out with all the boys. I'm gonna go, it sounds perfect!

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Last edited by Ya Krunk'd Floo on May 14th, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2008 11:28 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayusha

This game is going to be beyond awsome!!!!! i just can't think of the word right now.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 08:05 AM
Ayusha is currently offline Click here to Send Ayusha a Private Message Find more posts by Ayusha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

er... the game's been out for years... this is a thread to discuss the MOVIE. but thanks for trying.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 02:26 PM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe that guy can't read...lol...big grin

No, in all seriousness, we need some type of news on where this movie is at right now. At this point, I don't think the movie will be made anytime soon, no matter how cool it sounds.

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 05:26 AM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
percept
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: God of War Movie Discussion

Originally posted by Kal-El_08
David Jaffe claims that the movie was in production or something like that. He said that he had Djimon Hounsiu ("Blood Diamond") in mind for Kratos & I think he's the perfect choice. I'm curious as to who will be cast in the roles of the Gods & I really want to see what the Titans will look like in CGI. If this movie makes it to theaters, it's going to kick a lot of ass.

My personal Favorites would be Bridge over the river Kwai , Saving Private Ryan and Platoon.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 09:33 AM
percept is currently offline Click here to Send percept a Private Message Find more posts by percept Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Two-Face
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of Jaffe, didn't he say he wants to work on GOW III?

You guys need to start taking things a little more seriously.

Old Post May 29th, 2008 11:11 PM
Harvey Two-Face is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Two-Face a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Two-Face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote