KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Ororo: Storm Queen of the Wakandans

Respect Ororo: Storm Queen of the Wakandans
Started by: BlueDMighty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Weather God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
Did I say that Jean was sue? I said its possible for a psionic connection to be cut off and mentioned that Jean's rapport with Cyclops was cut off at one point in time.. You challenged me for proof.

I am well aware of psy links being possible to block but I was saying I am not aware of Sue ever being able to block one with her shields. I was asking for proof of sue blocking a psy link.

Oh look a grammar nazi, has no better way to try and counter an argument thatn to attack the spelling?

It was a shoot-back for your disrespectful post toward my intelligence. Now you see how it feels.

and working from the outside to the inside is the same exectution as working from the inside to the outside?

Yes because storm's telekinesis has to pass through Sue's force field in order to manipulate the weather on the outside of the shield. This is why it would not make much of a difference if storm was on the outside because the energy would have to pass through her shield again in order to manipulate the weather on the inside of her shield.

Now in order to counter this you would have to bring us solid proof of sue being able to block either a psionic link or storm's control on the inside of the shield.

Burden of proof is on your shoulders for me to necessitate the request. YOU haven't really proven its the same both directions. You simply stated it was.

What I've proven is that it doesn't matter what side storm is on because that didn't matter in that feat, either side this had to do with storm's telekinesis going through her shield.

Did you forget what you challenged again? Shameful...

"bring solid proof of sue actually blocking out a person's power and at the same time allowing them to use their powers through her shield."

Oh ok now i see what you mean but, blocking storm's winds have little to do with her link going through IW's shield because wind energy is different from storm's telekinetic link to control the weather.

You spelled Philosophy wrong and then turn around and attack my spelling? Pitiful.

No i spelled philosophy correct but, i did how ever responded to the wrong meaning of fallacy

I'll disrespect a person's inteligence if they say something stupid... its why I'm disrespecting yours. I feel that you've said soemthing stupid.

And yes, I'm an *******, an no you are not allowd to call me that.

Oh so it's ok for you to make up rules not to disrespect you and it's ok for you to disrespect people?

ok gotcha

Said the pot. I'm not saying ban people who disagree with my opinion mind you. I'm saying close the thread entirely for being speculatory bullshit, just like why it was closed the previous times.

So your calling the feat "speculatory" when there is a scan provided to prove this point?

I'm not Xmarksthespot. Nor am I a storm hater you Invisible Woman hater.

Then i stand corrected and apologise for thinking you were someone else. I'm also not IW hater and don't see what facts lead you to that conclusion. I'm well aware of Sue's abilities and know that she cannot block all kinds of energy. Also please don't refer feats such as jean that deal with telekinesis to Sue's because they're abilities are different as well as they're shields

See? I can throw your irrational "They don't agree that this character is the god/goddess I perceive them to be they must hate the character!"

Ok this argument is not a matter of opinion, these are facts being brought to the table that actually "Prove" that storm possesses the ability to do what was brought up. What does "They don't agree that this character is the god/goddess I perceive them to be they must hate the character!" have to do with anything in this argument? I assumed you were someone you were not(that is a storm hater) because you were bringing infactual evidence into the argument in order to dismiss the feat that storm has performed in the scan.

Last edited by The Weather God on Dec 11th, 2007 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 02:16 AM
The Weather God is currently offline Click here to Send The Weather God a Private Message Find more posts by The Weather God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2damnloud
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's ok, Weather God. I've already asked Digi to interviene in the spamming of this thread by Cresh.

It's funny how he uses the Double-standard fallacy by usng probability with regard to Sue blocking Storm's psi link by citing Jean as an example which would circumstantial evidence. Then he turns around and wants "concrete proof", when, in essence, both arguments are probabilistic.

Appeal to Ignorance as well.

It's sad.

It just shows his bias.

Storm summons the power of the ENTIRE CORE!! UXM-165

Last edited by 2damnloud on Dec 11th, 2007 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 02:20 AM
2damnloud is currently offline Click here to Send 2damnloud a Private Message Find more posts by 2damnloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by The Weather God
I am well aware of psy links being possible to block but I was saying I am not aware of Sue ever being able to block one with her shields. I was asking for proof of sue blocking a psy link.
I'm still not seeing the need. you're still relying on the affirming the consequent.

It was a shoot-back for your disrespectful post toward my intelligence. Now you see how it feels.
Nah, I don't give a rat's ass about you correcting my spelling especially after you spelled philosophy the way you did.. I noticed you edited your post too...

Yes because storm's telekinesis has to pass through Sue's force field in order to manipulate the weather on the outside of the shield. This is why it would not make much of a difference if storm was on the outside because the energy would have to pass through her shield again in order to manipulate the weather on the inside of her shield.
You have yet to prove its the same... until then its affirming the consequent.

and equivocation.
Now in order to counter this you would have to bring us solid proof of sue being able to block either a psionic link or storm's control on the inside of the shield.
Naw, I don't need to prove anything until you've proven your side. Invalid arguments are not proof.

What I've proven is that it doesn't matter what side storm is on because that didn't matter in that feat, either side this had to do with storm's telekinesis going through her shield.[/qote] NAw, you proved that she can affect the weather on the outside when inside if Sue is with her... that's all that the scan shows. It's speculation to say that Sue let her, and its speculation to say that Storm did it without permission.

You have yet to prove she did it without permission. and no Ad ignorantium is not a viable argument either.

[QUOTE=9914993]Originally posted by The Weather God
Oh ok now i see what you mean but, blocking storm's winds have little to do with her link going through IW's shield because wind energy is different from storm's telekinetic link to control the weather.
You know you keep using that word, but it doesn't meadn what you think it means...

But.. you just proved that not all energy is the same and she can choose which she wanted to let through...

No i spelled philosophy correct but, i did how ever responded to the wrong meaning of fallacy
Editing your post doesn't count. You spelled it incorrectly. Editing it doesn't change the fact that you did so initially.

Oh so it's ok for you to make up rules not to disrespect people and it's ok for you to disrespect people?
Actually I'm going by the forum rules and those that the MODS set up... there isn't a rule that says I have to respect you, I just can't flame you. I don't need to flame you to show you disrespect.

ok gotcha

So your calling the feat "speculatory" when there is a scan provided to prove this point?
No, I'm calling your interpritation speculatory... People seem to think their opinion is fact... when as you shown above not all energy can just pass through...

Then i stand corrected and apologise for thinking you were someone else. I'm also not IW hater and don't see what facts lead you to that conclusion. I'm well aware of Sue's abilities and know that she cannot block all kinds of energy. Also please don't refer feats such as jean that deal with telekinesis to Sue's because they're abilities are different as well as they're shields
What reasoning did you come by to label me as a storm hater?

Also please note that when she uses her sheild but is not invisible, coorelates to her choosing energy to let through when she turns invisible. Her sheild isn't always letting the same energy through all the time.

So please show me where its the same or prove that it was without sue's permission.

Ok this argument is not a matter of opinion, these are facts being brought to the table that actually "Prove" that storm possesses the ability to do what was brought up.
No it doesn't. Your speculation on events is not proof... Wishful thinking fallacy.

What does "They don't agree that this character is the god/goddess I perceive them to be they must hate the character!" have to do with anything in this argument? I assumed you were someone you were not(that is a storm hater) because you were bringing infactual evidence into the argument in order to dismiss the feat that storm has performed in the scan.
Said the hypocrite to the person preforming a logic check...

Last edited by Creshosk on Dec 11th, 2007 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 02:30 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by 2damnloud
It just shows his bias.
Hypocrisy at its finest.

And respect threads are not a place to post fan wanking speculation... appearently you DIDN'T learn that when your other threads wetre closed...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 02:35 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Weather God

I'm still not seeing the need. you're still relying on the affirming the consequent.

Your the one relying on speculation, i'm not even going to bother responding to all these uncalled-for ones.

Nah, I don't give a rat's ass about you correcting my spelling especially after you spelled philosophy the way you did.. I noticed you edited your post too...

I edited my post right after i replied and before you posted. I misread the word and noticed after i posted it was not the word i thought it was.

Naw, I don't need to prove anything until you've proven your side. Invalid arguments are not proof..

Ok what do you want me to prove? That storm telekinetically controls the weather? That storm has controlled the weather through IW shields?

But.. you just proved that not all energy is the same and she can choose which she wanted to let through...

When did i proved that? I'm asking you to prove that in order to counter the fact that storm can use her power through IW shield.

Editing your post doesn't count. You spelled it incorrectly. Editing it doesn't change the fact that you did so initially.

LoL please go back and read my previous post. I said i thought you were spelling philosophy and responded wrong. XD

Actually I'm going by the forum rules and those that the MODS set up... there isn't a rule that says I have to respect you, I just can't flame you. I don't need to flame you to show you disrespect.

Who said anything about forum rules? I said it's ok for you to demand respect and yet you can disrespect people.

No, I'm calling your interpritation speculatory... People seem to think their opinion is fact... when as you shown above not all energy can just pass through...

It's not speculartory if i'm providing nothing but facts to the table.

What reasoning did you come by to label me as a storm hater?

I assumed you were someone Who was a storm hater, not you.

Also please note that when she uses her sheild but is not invisible, coorelates to her choosing energy to let through when she turns invisible. Her sheild isn't always letting the same energy through all the time.

Ok i'm asking you to show me proof of that, i'm not going off your hear say as i've asked before.

So please show me where its the same or prove that it was without sue's permission.

LoL you have to prove to us that she can, you can't just come into a thread and tell us things without proof. I have never heard of sue being able to see the different energies going through her shield and blocking it.

No it doesn't. Your speculation on events is not proof... Wishful thinking fallacy.

I've asked you countless times to point out what speculation am i bringing in here. All of what i have said has happened in the scan. You have failed to bring us proof on anything you have been speculating about.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 03:16 AM
The Weather God is currently offline Click here to Send The Weather God a Private Message Find more posts by The Weather God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

My patience has ended with Storm.

Here's how it'll happen.

This is getting closed. Once I have some time, I'll collect the scans in this thread and post them in a new thread. It will be open, but regular members will be unable to post (like the rules thread in the vs. forum). It will remain in the directory, but not be open for discussion.

Not my first choice, but it's a privilege to use the forums, not a right, and this sort of behavior is what loses people that right.

There's too much to sift through, and it would be impossible to go back and try to accredit someone with the first offense, or even the majority of the offense. I have talked to those who needed talking to, and that will end it.

The new thread might be up in days, weeks, months. Depends on my schedule. So don't bug me about it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 03:23 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Re-Opened

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 12:54 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote