KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » _____ vs. _____

Is this thread a good idea?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I like it, I wish we had a versus section even! 14 56.00%
Yes, it's pretty cool, but we don't need a versus section 5 20.00%
Meh, if you like it fine but I'm not a big fan of versus 3 12.00%
No, I dislike versus threads 0 0%
No, I hate versus threads, this should be locked! 3 12.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

_____ vs. _____
Started by: darthsith19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Tom and probably pretty easily as well. By the end of his education, Dumbledore was already extremely powerful, and had done things with his wand that Griselda Marchbanks had never seen with a wand before, indicating that he is already likely one of the strongest wizards alive. Tom Riddle was probably almost as advanced as Dumbledore by his seventh year, considering that later they are pretty much on par with one another.

quote:
Actually, I forgot to mention this earlier. Ariana was killed during the three-way duel between them, and Albus wasn't sure which of the three had sent the curse that had killed her. That means that all three of them were using offensive spells.

Oh yeah, but Albus was likely aiming kost as Grindelwald, in order to stop him from killing Aberforth.

quote:
I didn't say that Albus was far superior to Aberforth, I just intended to say that Aberforth must have had some of the magical skill and talent that ran strongly the Dumbledore family's blood.

But did it? We know nothing about the skills of any of the other Dumbledore's. Maybe Albus was just an exceptional child. Tom Riddle was, but his family didn't appear to be anywhere near powerful. I don't think greatness runs in your blood.

quote:
Just because Neville progressed quickly does not mean that he performed any better than the rest of them. He may have started far behind the rest of the class, and managed to catch up.

He was also the only DA member still standing at the end of the battle at the Ministry of Magic, apart from Harry.

Harry (book 7) vs. Aberforth

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 06:00 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthsith19
But did it? We know nothing about the skills of any of the other Dumbledore's. Maybe Albus was just an exceptional child. Tom Riddle was, but his family didn't appear to be anywhere near powerful. I don't think greatness runs in your blood.

He was also the only DA member still standing at the end of the battle at the Ministry of Magic, apart from Harry.

Harry (book 7) vs. Aberforth

Ariana had some skill, as far as I know. I think it was said somewhere that his father was a notable wizard. I'm not sure, though.

That might've been because he was dueling less dangerous Death Eaters.

I'd say Aberforth wins this. Harry hasn't show all that great of dueling skills in his life.

Sirius Black vs. James Potter.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 01:46 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I'd say even. We really haven't seen enough from James to say for sure, but they both beat Snape together in book 5 pretty evenly, were best buddies, were considered strong wizards. So the best I can give is even, and Lupin would be even, too, I think.

quote:
That might've been because he was dueling less dangerous Death Eaters.

What, like Dolohov? And he did get his nose broken, but he was still standing.

Dawlish vs. Book 7 Harry?

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 05:40 PM
darthsith19 is currently offline Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

What, like Dolohov? And he did get his nose broken, but he was still standing.

Dawlish vs. Book 7 Harry?

Harry and Neville stood up to Dolohov together. He wasn't alone. His nose being broken wouldn't have much affected his abilities to run around, although it apparently affected his spell casting abilities.

Hmm, I'd say Harry wins this.

Mad Eye Moody vs. Rufus Scrimgeour.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 02:35 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Impossible to say, Rufus is an unknown, however, I am certain that in his prime Moody would take him, but in his old age? Likely Rufus would win, but that's a mere guess.

quote:
Harry and Neville stood up to Dolohov together. He wasn't alone. His nose being broken wouldn't have much affected his abilities to run around, although it apparently affected his spell casting abilities.

Yes, but he was still standing. And them fighting together didn't stop Dolohov from nearly killing Hermione, just as all of them fighting together didn't stop Ginny, Ron and Luna from all going down.

Lupin vs. Sirius

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 05:40 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Impossible to say, Rufus is an unknown, however, I am certain that in his prime Moody would take him, but in his old age? Likely Rufus would win, but that's a mere guess.

Yes, but he was still standing. And them fighting together didn't stop Dolohov from nearly killing Hermione, just as all of them fighting together didn't stop Ginny, Ron and Luna from all going down.

Lupin vs. Sirius

Yeah, we've got nothing to go on Rufus' skill except for the fact that he was head of the Auror department. That would probably put him more or less at the level of Kingsley or somewhere close.

All the ones you've stated were fighting Death Eaters by themselves, not with someone else. Hermione was also taken down while they were running, and Ron had a "brain" attached to his face. Also, don't forget that the Death Eaters weren't aiming to kill the kids. They wanted to have something to negotiate with Harry in return for the prophecy.

I'd say Lupin wins this. Sirius is pretty good, but Lupin I'd say is just a better duelist. I've really got nothing to base my theory on, seeing as Sirius was killed dueling Bellatrix, who was one of the most dangerous Death Eaters.

Barty Crouch Sr. vs. Kingsley.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 02:32 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Kingsley, as we've never seen anything from Crouch.

quote:
Hermione was also taken down while they were running, and Ron had a "brain" attached to his face. Also, don't forget that the Death Eaters weren't aiming to kill the kids. They wanted to have something to negotiate with Harry in return for the prophecy.

Not true, Hermione was fighting when she was taken down. Yes, Ron had a brain attached to his face, but all of them were there and they couldn't stop him, due to the unknown spell he had been hit with earlier, when fighting.

And the Death eaters were aiming to kill, Dolohov damn near killed Hermione, they only needed some of them alive tor negotiation.

quote:
I'd say Lupin wins this. Sirius is pretty good, but Lupin I'd say is just a better duelist. I've really got nothing to base my theory on, seeing as Sirius was killed dueling Bellatrix, who was one of the most dangerous Death Eaters.

Yeah, but if Sirius hadn't been playing around, he could for sure have held off Bellatrix at least until Dumbledore intervened, and he and Lupin would have both been the only Order members to escape the battle unharmed (apart from Dumbledore).

Kingsley vs. Dolohov?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2007 06:35 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Kingsley, as we've never seen anything from Crouch.

Not true, Hermione was fighting when she was taken down. Yes, Ron had a brain attached to his face, but all of them were there and they couldn't stop him, due to the unknown spell he had been hit with earlier, when fighting. And the Death eaters were aiming to kill, Dolohov damn near killed Hermione, they only needed some of them alive tor negotiation.

Yeah, but if Sirius hadn't been playing around, he could for sure have held off Bellatrix at least until Dumbledore intervened, and he and Lupin would have both been the only Order members to escape the battle unharmed (apart from Dumbledore).

Kingsley vs. Dolohov?

Well, Crouch was the head of the Magical Enforcement Department, and was a top candidate for the position as Minister of Magic. That's something in his favor, even if we haven't seen him battle. He was also described as a powerful wizard.

Are you sure? I thought they were running, Hermione silenced Dolohov who shot the purple flames at her, knocking her out. I don't recall Ron being hit by any spell at the time. Also, it's not as if there was a single Death Eater they were fighting. They were against equal numbers of Death Eaters as there were Dumbledore's Army members. And if they were aiming to kill, why did the Death Eaters not use the Avada Kadavera? It's unlikely that a few 14/15 year olds would be able to stand up to that.

Regardless, Sirius would have lost to Bellatrix. Also, (this sounds retarded, but still) Sirius may not have been sure that he could win the duel, so he may have been goading Bellatrix into making a mistake.

Hmmm, that's a difficult one. Dolohov has taken out powerful duelists like Lupin and Moody (although the latter was out of his prime), but I'd put him slightly below Bellatrix, who is slightly above Kingsley. Kingsley managed to fight his way out a swarm of Death Eaters, so that works in his favor. But it seems like he is better at dueling multiple opponents rather than single opponents (note Bellatrix). A tough fight, but I'd say Dolohov wins.

Amelia Bones vs. Grindelwald.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:06 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Grindelwald, Bones did put up a fight against Voldemort himself, but Grindelwald vs. Voldemort would be so close it would almost be even.

quote:
Well, Crouch was the head of the Magical Enforcement Department, and was a top candidate for the position as Minister of Magic. That's something in his favor, even if we haven't seen him battle. He was also described as a powerful wizard.

So he knew his shit when it came to law enforcement, and people liked the good job he was doing, the authority he produced, so he was thought to be the next MOM. That doesn't necessarily mean he's powerful. Take Fudge for example, he was the MOM, I bet a lot of wizards would kill him, and Kingsley would own him.

When was he described as a p[powerful wizard?

quote:
Are you sure? I thought they were running, Hermione silenced Dolohov who shot the purple flames at her, knocking her out. I don't recall Ron being hit by any spell at the time. Also, it's not as if there was a single Death Eater they were fighting. They were against equal numbers of Death Eaters as there were Dumbledore's Army members. And if they were aiming to kill, why did the Death Eaters not use the Avada Kadavera? It's unlikely that a few 14/15 year olds would be able to stand up to that.

They were, and some Death Eaters attacked them. Two, actually. Harry, Nevile, Hermione hid under tables. One of the Death eaters looks under the table Harry is under, WHAM! Harry hits him with a spell. hen Hermione silences the other (Dolohov) and he turns to her, and purple flames shoot out of his wand, almost killing her. Harry hits with with Pertrificus Totalius (sp?).

idk why they didn't use Avada Kedavra, I guess one explanation is, it destroyed the Potter's entire house, they didn't want to destroy the prohpecy by accident. Also, sometimes they just don't use it, Dumbledore says in book 7 in Snape memories that Bellatrix likes to torture her foes before killing them, some people, like Snape, prefer secemsempra, as it will likely kill the victim anyways, as will Dolohov's spell.

As for Ron, when Harry, Neville 9with a broken nose) and Hermione (being carried by Neville) meet up with Ron, Luna and Ginny, it says something like "Of the 3, Luna seemed to be the only one who was unharmed." Ginny had broken (sprained?) her ankle. Ron had been hit with an unknown spell, and that's what caused him to act funny and touch the brain in the first place. "Harry, there are BRAINS in there? Wanna touch them, Harry? I bet they feel weird."

quote:
Regardless, Sirius would have lost to Bellatrix. Also, (this sounds retarded, but still) Sirius may not have been sure that he could win the duel, so he may have been goading Bellatrix into making a mistake.

Possibly, I think he was just being reckless, trying to have some fun. So you think if Bellatrix hadn't toyed with Molly she would still have died or not?

And I really can't debate your Kingsley vs. Dolohov answer, since I've really no idea who's win. Flitwick did take Dolohov out, though.

Flitwick vs. Bellatrix?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 07:38 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

So he knew his shit when it came to law enforcement, and people liked the good job he was doing, the authority he produced, so he was thought to be the next MOM. That doesn't necessarily mean he's powerful. Take Fudge for example, he was the MOM, I bet a lot of wizards would kill him, and Kingsley would own him.

When was he described as a p[powerful wizard?

They were, and some Death Eaters attacked them. Two, actually. Harry, Nevile, Hermione hid under tables. One of the Death eaters looks under the table Harry is under, WHAM! Harry hits him with a spell. hen Hermione silences the other (Dolohov) and he turns to her, and purple flames shoot out of his wand, almost killing her. Harry hits with with Pertrificus Totalius (sp?).

idk why they didn't use Avada Kedavra, I guess one explanation is, it destroyed the Potter's entire house, they didn't want to destroy the prohpecy by accident. Also, sometimes they just don't use it, Dumbledore says in book 7 in Snape memories that Bellatrix likes to torture her foes before killing them, some people, like Snape, prefer secemsempra, as it will likely kill the victim anyways, as will Dolohov's spell.

As for Ron, when Harry, Neville 9with a broken nose) and Hermione (being carried by Neville) meet up with Ron, Luna and Ginny, it says something like "Of the 3, Luna seemed to be the only one who was unharmed." Ginny had broken (sprained?) her ankle. Ron had been hit with an unknown spell, and that's what caused him to act funny and touch the brain in the first place. "Harry, there are BRAINS in there? Wanna touch them, Harry? I bet they feel weird."

Possibly, I think he was just being reckless, trying to have some fun. So you think if Bellatrix hadn't toyed with Molly she would still have died or not?

Flitwick vs. Bellatrix?

Obviously he had to have some talent to become head of Law Enforcement. That means that he was in charge of the Aurors even, putting him higher up and most likely more powerful than the head of the Auror department. Although we've seen nothing of Fudge's fighting capabilities, it can be assumed that he is somewhat proficient at magic, as he wanted to be the one to greet Harry to protect him when Sirius broke loose. Also, it can be assumed that being a powerful wizard is at least one of the requirements as to becoming the Minister, as Dumbledore was also a top contender for the position.

I'm not sure where it's stated, but it's in there. Fifth book.

Hmmmm, I didn't read that part. And I was wrong about Ron being sucked by the brain. My bad.

With Moody, Harry, and his friend's lives at stake, I doubt Sirius would have played around with a witch as dangerous as Bellatrix. Also, seeing as Molly came from a family of powerful wizards (her two brothers, for example), I think that Molly would have had a good chance of beating Bellatrix regardless. Molly was pretty angry, too. You don't want to have an angry mother on your back. I once had this rampaging she-bear chasing after me. The only thing I could do was wrestle her to the ground, and it wasn't easy.

Hmmm, this one is difficult. I'd say Bellatrix wins, though. Flitwick is good (he was formerly a dueling champion and beat Dolohov), but I doubt he can beat Bellatrix. She fought and beat Sirius, Tonks, and Kingsley one after the other. She also dueled Hermoine, Ginny, and Luna simultaneously. It's a tough fight, but Bellatrix wins.

Neville's grandmother vs. Lucius Malfoy

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 12:44 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Neville's Grandma.

quote:
Obviously he had to have some talent to become head of Law Enforcement. That means that he was in charge of the Aurors even, putting him higher up and most likely more powerful than the head of the Auror department.

Yes, you have to have leadership skills, governing skills, but not necessarily dueling skills. You don't have to be a good fighter to be in charge of the WWE, but to be in it you have to be good - you don't have to have good fighting abilities to be head of the Auror's, you just have to be good at leading the aurors, giving them assignments, ect.

quote:
Although we've seen nothing of Fudge's fighting capabilities, it can be assumed that he is somewhat proficient at magic, as he wanted to be the one to greet Harry to protect him when Sirius broke loose. Also, it can be assumed that being a powerful wizard is at least one of the requirements as to becoming the Minister, as Dumbledore was also a top contender for the position.

We also see that Fudge is a dundering moron, that could be why he greeted Harry, because he is stupid. Dumbledore had tons of wisdom, and was great, so people wanted him to become MoM, that in no way means Fudge is good, let alone good at dueling in specific.

quote:
With Moody, Harry, and his friend's lives at stake, I doubt Sirius would have played around with a witch as dangerous as Bellatrix. Also, seeing as Molly came from a family of powerful wizards (her two brothers, for example), I think that Molly would have had a good chance of beating Bellatrix regardless. Molly was pretty angry, too. You don't want to have an angry mother on your back. I once had this rampaging she-bear chasing after me. The only thing I could do was wrestle her to the ground, and it wasn't easy.

But their lives weren't at stake - the Order had arrived and was wiping out the Death eaters, quickly, and he just wanted to have some fun. He knew the Order had the situation under control by that point.

As for Molly, just because her relatives are strong doesn't mean that she is, and what about her brothers? And anger doesn't exactly help you except in a physical fight?

You wrestled an angry bear to the ground? Hmm...

Neville's Grandma vs. Book 7 Harry?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2007 09:28 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Yes, you have to have leadership skills, governing skills, but not necessarily dueling skills. You don't have to be a good fighter to be in charge of the WWE, but to be in it you have to be good - you don't have to have good fighting abilities to be head of the Auror's, you just have to be good at leading the aurors, giving them assignments, ect.

We also see that Fudge is a dundering moron, that could be why he greeted Harry, because he is stupid. Dumbledore had tons of wisdom, and was great, so people wanted him to become MoM, that in no way means Fudge is good, let alone good at dueling in specific.

But their lives weren't at stake - the Order had arrived and was wiping out the Death eaters, quickly, and he just wanted to have some fun. He knew the Order had the situation under control by that point.

As for Molly, just because her relatives are strong doesn't mean that she is, and what about her brothers? And anger doesn't exactly help you except in a physical fight?

You wrestled an angry bear to the ground? Hmm...

Neville's Grandma vs. Book 7 Harry?

The head of the police department has to work his/her way up the ranks, showing that they are capable both in the field and at leading others. To be head of the Aurors is something. To be the head of the head of Aurors is also something.

The fact that Fudge refused to acknowledge Voldemort's return doesn't make him a moron. Plenty of powerful wizards didn't want to believe it. Practically the entire Ministry.

Moody (one of the Order's better duelists) had gone down, and the students were in a pretty sad state. The Death Eaters had fighters like Bellatrix, Dolohov, and Malfoy on their sides. I'd say that there wasn't much room for messing around.

Skill seems to have a tendency to run in the blood, as far as we've seen. Like you've said, Neville's gotten a lot better and is a pretty skilled duelist (from his parents and his grandmother). Harry is a powerful wizard (his ancestor was one of the Perival brothers and both his parents were great wizards). Voldemort was a descendant from Slytherin, one of the most powerful wizards of his time. Sirius and Bellatrix, cousins, were both skilled. As for anger, I'd bet that it enhances your magical ability if you put all your emotion behind your spellcasting.

Heck yeah, I wrestled one. For some reason, people never believe me.

I'd say Harry wins. He's gotten pretty good, I'd say, by book 7, and Neville's grandmother (boy is she funny) managed to take out the Auror Dawlish, but that was more due to the element of surprise.

Voldemort vs. Dumbledore (both book 5, no Elder Wand).

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 01:43 PM
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
The head of the police department has to work his/her way up the ranks, showing that they are capable both in the field and at leading others. To be head of the Aurors is something. To be the head of the head of Aurors is also something.

Yes, but then again, Crouch wasn't the head of the Auror Department, he was the head of Magical Law Enforcement.

quote:
The fact that Fudge refused to acknowledge Voldemort's return doesn't make him a moron. Plenty of powerful wizards didn't want to believe it. Practically the entire Ministry.

Yup, but the entire ministry didn't have direct proof that he had returned - the entire ministry hadn't seen Karkaroff flee, see Snape's Dark Mark burn, have Dumbledore himself shout proof that Voldemort did return.

Also in book 1 Hagrid tells harry that Fudge is stupid. I'll post a quote is you want one.

quote:
Moody (one of the Order's better duelists) had gone down, and the students were in a pretty sad state. The Death Eaters had fighters like Bellatrix, Dolohov, and Malfoy on their sides. I'd say that there wasn't much room for messing around.

True, and Sirius was unaware that Dumbledore arrived, but as old cousins I think he was being kind of reckless.

quote:
Skill seems to have a tendency to run in the blood, as far as we've seen. Like you've said, Neville's gotten a lot better and is a pretty skilled duelist (from his parents and his grandmother). Harry is a powerful wizard (his ancestor was one of the Perival brothers and both his parents were great wizards). Voldemort was a descendant from Slytherin, one of the most powerful wizards of his time. Sirius and Bellatrix, cousins, were both skilled. As for anger, I'd bet that it enhances your magical ability if you put all your emotion behind your spellcasting.

If skill runs in blood, where did Hermione get it? Hmm? What about Voldemort? And other mudbloods? And the Morfin's didn't seem powerful at all.

quote:
Heck yeah, I wrestled one. For some reason, people never believe me.

Maybe it's because your sixteen and it is very hard for even experts to fend off an angry she-bear, why did it attack you?

I say Dumbledore wins, if Voldemort would win they he shouldn't have ran from the ministry in book 5, I don't see how he could know that ministry officials were coming, plus he is afraid of Dumbledore.

Neville's Grandma vs. Ginny (book 7)

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 09:48 PM
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

Originally posted by Council#13

Voldemort vs. Dumbledore (both book 5, no Elder Wand).

How can he fight without the Elder Wand? Then he'd have no wand.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 09:55 PM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

Yes, but then again, Crouch wasn't the head of the Auror Department, he was the head of Magical Law Enforcement.

Yup, but the entire ministry didn't have direct proof that he had returned - the entire ministry hadn't seen Karkaroff flee, see Snape's Dark Mark burn, have Dumbledore himself shout proof that Voldemort did return.

Also in book 1 Hagrid tells harry that Fudge is stupid. I'll post a quote is you want one.

True, and Sirius was unaware that Dumbledore arrived, but as old cousins I think he was being kind of reckless.

If skill runs in blood, where did Hermione get it? Hmm? What about Voldemort? And other mudbloods? And the Morfin's didn't seem powerful at all.

Maybe it's because your sixteen and it is very hard for even experts to fend off an angry she-bear, why did it attack you?

I say Dumbledore wins, if Voldemort would win they he shouldn't have ran from the ministry in book 5, I don't see how he could know that ministry officials were coming, plus he is afraid of Dumbledore.

Neville's Grandma vs. Ginny (book 7)

Nevilles Grandma. Ginny's good and all, but she's only a seventh year and not as experienced. Plus, Nevilles Grandma pwned Dawlish, who is supposedly a pretty powerful wizard.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 09:56 PM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

In that fight Dumbledore had the Eldar Wand. And also Voldemort did know that the Auror's were coming , as Dumbledore said somehting like "You were foolish to come here tonight Tom, the Auror's are on their way".

Voldemort would definately win this fight.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2007 11:01 PM
Dresta is currently offline Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Yes, being head of the Law Enforcement put him above the Head of the Auror department.

The entire Ministry didn't have proof, but neither did the entire wizarding world, but some of them still believed Harry and Dumbledore.

Nah, it's okay. Hagrid is loyal to Dumbledore, and he would naturally feel that Fudge is an idiot for thinking that Dumbledore wants his position as Minister of Magic.

They weren't very close cousins. The only cousin he was close to was Tonks' mother. He just hated the rest of them and their obsession with blood purity.

Hermoine wasn't necessarily powerful, she was just really intelligent. Both her parents were dentists, so that's where she probably got her brains from. Voldemort was a direct descendant of Slytherin, one of the most powerful wizards of his age. I'm not sure who the Morfins are, so I won't reply to those.

It attacked me because I ate it's young.

Originally posted by Arctic
How can he fight without the Elder Wand? Then he'd have no wand.

Honestly, I think you knew what I meant, but just to clarify, I mean that Dumbledore would be using the wand he used before acquiring the Elder Wand.

Draco Malfoy (book 7) vs. Hermione (also book 7)

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 12:26 PM
potcfan2003

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Sirius was killed by a stunning spell from Bellatrix. As we see in the end of The Deathly Hallows, Bellatrix fought 3 students who were at the end of their education. Althought I have no idea how the hell did Mrs.Weasley beat Bellatrix. That was probably Rowling's stupidest idea in the book.

However, I think Minerva has both the knowledge and power to beat Flitwick, althought Flitwick would be hard to hit because of his height and he knows some usefull spells.

I'm not sure, but I think that Snape would take this one. Snape was amazing, and he is probably the most powerful charachter in Harry Potter after Voldemort and Dumbeldore. He was taken by surprise when Minerva was right next to him, yet he still blocked the spell. He reacted in miliseconds... So I think Snape takes this one. After that, I would also like to say that Snape would easily overpower Minerva. He jumped out of the window only because he saw the other proffesors coming up. I would also like to add that as we found out later Snape never wanted to kill anyone, therefore he was keeping his full power back from Minerva. I'm sure he could've sent a killing curse at her which would hit her easily. After all, he could read her mind, his reactions are incredible, and he can cast powerful spells without speaking them aloud.

I see what your getting at Gideon, but I was never sure if Voldemort took in the Death Eaters by their power levels. Some were notably weaker than the rest. And I didn't see 5th year students having that much of a problem resisting them at the Ministry. If they weren't outnumbered they would've made up a hell of a resistance. And don't you remember how he tried to take Neville in as a Death Eater? He didn't know how powerful Neville was. Voldemort wanted loyal death eaters who were pureblood and who would sacrifice their lives for him. But then, I know he wouldn't take in those who were uneducated in the dark arts. Lucius must be a good wizard, but no match for Sirius. He probably stands at the level of Dolohov or Yaxley.

Kingsley definately, he was a very good auror and he was appointed the most important tasks by the order such as securing the Muggle minister. Moody was way out of his years, but if it was his "days" when he was capturing the Death Eaters he would take Kingsley.

This is probably the "closest battle" yet in this thread. Dolohov is a death eater, and he was 'closer' to Voldemort than the others, althought not as close as Snape or Bellatrix. We never heard any dueling feats from Slughorn so I'll say Dolohov.

Bellatrix.

Fenrir Greyback vs Hagrid

I'd like to point out that Madame Maxime has Giant Blood, so she'd be very hard to take down, not to mention she could easily smush Bellatrix even with out magic.

Is Fenir in human state?

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 07:38 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote:
Yes, being head of the Law Enforcement put him above the Head of the Auror department.

The entire Ministry didn't have proof, but neither did the entire wizarding world, but some of them still believed Harry and Dumbledore.

Nah, it's okay. Hagrid is loyal to Dumbledore, and he would naturally feel that Fudge is an idiot for thinking that Dumbledore wants his position as Minister of Magic.

They weren't very close cousins. The only cousin he was close to was Tonks' mother. He just hated the rest of them and their obsession with blood purity.

Hermoine wasn't necessarily powerful, she was just really intelligent. Both her parents were dentists, so that's where she probably got her brains from. Voldemort was a direct descendant of Slytherin, one of the most powerful wizards of his age. I'm not sure who the Morfins are, so I won't reply to those.

It attacked me because I ate it's young.

Being Governor puts you above the police enforcement, so could a Governor take out a policeman? In most cases the policeman would likely win.

And if the entire wizarding world did have proof, I doubt many of them would believe Fudge. The avg. ones believed Fudge. Only the smart ones believed Harry and Dumbledore.

That was in book one, before Fudge thought that - Fudge didn't think that until book 5.

They weren't close, no, but they could have known each otehr well, been at family events together, loathed each other, ect. If it was James and Snape fighting in that case, even with everybody in trouble, I'd bet anything that James would get reckless.

Hermione was really powerful, she progressed faster than anybody else in the DA. She was second best in the year at DADA. She was powerful.

How would it know you ate it's young unless it saw you kill them (in which case it would kill you, too).

Hermione beats Draco.

Book 7 Crabbe vs. Malfoy?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:57 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by potcfan2003
I'd like to point out that Madame Maxime has Giant Blood, so she'd be very hard to take down, not to mention she could easily smush Bellatrix even with out magic.

A simple Killing Curse would be sufficient for Bellatrix. Madame Maxime may be good, but she isn't nearly at the level of Bellatrix.

Being Governor puts you above the police enforcement, so could a Governor take out a policeman? In most cases the policeman would likely win.

And if the entire wizarding world did have proof, I doubt many of them would believe Fudge. The avg. ones believed Fudge. Only the smart ones believed Harry and Dumbledore.

That was in book one, before Fudge thought that - Fudge didn't think that until book 5.

They weren't close, no, but they could have known each otehr well, been at family events together, loathed each other, ect. If it was James and Snape fighting in that case, even with everybody in trouble, I'd bet anything that James would get reckless.

Hermione was really powerful, she progressed faster than anybody else in the DA. She was second best in the year at DADA. She was powerful.

How would it know you ate it's young unless it saw you kill them (in which case it would kill you, too).

Book 7 Crabbe vs. Malfoy?

Directly monitoring crime and arresting criminals is not one of the duties of a governor. A governor usually has no training in armed combat, unlike a policeman.

Not even all of the smart ones believed Harry and Dumbledore. Only members of the Order of the Phoenix, and that's because they're all as loyal to Dumbledore as Hagrid was.

Fudge had been under the impression the whole time.

Sirius Black ran away from home at an early age. I doubt that he would have been invited to a family reunion. And I doubt that James would be reckless. He knew how dangerous Snape could be, and with everyone (including his own son) in danger, he wouldn't dare risk his own life simply to "toy" with an old rival.

She progressed fast due to her intelligence. Again, because she was intelligent, she was at the top of her DADA classes. Apparently, intelligence plays a major role in a character's magical strength.

It could smell the blood.

I think Malfoy would win. He seems to have better control of his powers. Crabbe seems to be stronger (being able to summon Fiendyfire), but he can't seem to be able to control his strength.

Kingsley vs. Lupin.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 01:49 PM