KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
http://www.latinoreview.com/images/...eGyllenhaal.jpg

http://broadwayworld.com/photoops/p..._gyllenhaal.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/128..._258282_400.jpg

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/act...yllenhaal_1.jpg
(that one's my personal fave)

All in all, she's a lovely actress imo and will be leaps and bounds better than Mrs. Cruise...

I like Maggie Gyllenhaal. She is a great choice to replace Mrs. Cruise.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 07:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Thanks for the pictures & I have to say, she has really nice boobs. And as far as her being cast in 'TDK' goes, she'll do fine.

*sigh* I dunno man that just sounds chavunist. Anyway she is nice but I odnt think its just physical she seems to have a nice character to.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 08:12 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Personally, I think Katie Holmes was much better looking than Maggie Gyllenhaal, but in terms of acting prowess, MG's got an advantage.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 05:03 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I don't think it matters if Rachel has the same attitude she will suck

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 03:28 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The acting I think should matter. I really don't think Nolan would hire someone to replace someone and not have better scenes between two actors.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 04:26 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
The acting I think should matter. I really don't think Nolan would hire someone to replace someone and not have better scenes between two actors.

We'll see.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2007 09:01 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

agree with you guys..I didn't like the character of Rachel.. she's somehow boring..
I will always love Selina with Bruce hehe

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 04:56 AM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by hermione7
agree with you guys..I didn't like the character of Rachel.. she's somehow boring..
I will always love Selina with Bruce hehe

Do you think Nolan will introduce Catwoman in a future installment?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 05:02 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Do you think Nolan will introduce Catwoman in a future installment?

I hope not. With his whole realism bit she'll probably be wearing a real cat on her head or something lame like that laughing

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 07:32 AM
Deadline

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I hope not. With his whole realism bit she'll probably be wearing a real cat on her head or something lame like that laughing

That was quite funny. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 10:59 AM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

lol
I can only wish nolan will introduce Selina.. not yet Catwoman..
that would be cool.. right

btw SelinaAndBruce
have you heard the old news that instead of Smallville.. WB have planned to make a young Bruce Wayne series and Selina is in there too.. like she's the love interest of Bruce there
what would happen if that happen

That was Clark, the boy raised in Smallville, the man trying to carve a life for himself in Metropolis. A life which the most important element was a vivacious young woman named Lois Lane.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 12:46 PM
hermione7 is currently offline Click here to Send hermione7 a Private Message Find more posts by hermione7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

That could've worked out really well. Bruce obtaining/making gadgets in the position of Clark figuring out a new power (ala, instead of figuring out how to say, use his heat vision, Bruce would get the batmobile)...Selina as the love interest x2, since he'd be interested in both Selina and Catwoman...make him deal with Thorne and Falcone and the mobsters of the area to give you a lot of thugs to beat up and stuff...Joker as the main villain....Harvey Dent as his best friend pre-accident...Alfred and Lucius take the sort of "ma and pa Kent" roles in a way (no offense to Fox lol). They wouldn't have to worry about CGI problems (which is why Clark isn't flying) since the biggest CGI character you'd have would be Clayface and he isn't big enough that you'd need him in the first or even second season. I'd much rather see "Gotham" than "Smallville", just because of how the past season was merely "Lana Lang featuring Clark Kent complaining about Lana" and not a "Superman in the works" show.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 02:11 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

hmmm If There IS One Huge Misfire in Batman 89, It's KEATON as half balding Batman....sorry it's Joker Killing Bruce Wayne's Parents

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 03:35 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
hmmm If There IS One Huge Misfire in Batman 89, It's KEATON as half balding Batman....sorry it's Joker Killing Bruce Wayne's Parents

Was the Keaton shot really necessary?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 03:58 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Was the Keaton shot really necessary?

Someone dared point out something wrong with Batman Begins...so naturally the one of territorial Begins only fans felt the need to make a strike roll eyes (sarcastic)

Take that crap to the Batman 1989 thread please. I'd like to stick to the Rachel bashing

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:20 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by hermione7
lol
I can only wish nolan will introduce Selina.. not yet Catwoman..
that would be cool.. right

btw SelinaAndBruce
have you heard the old news that instead of Smallville.. WB have planned to make a young Bruce Wayne series and Selina is in there too.. like she's the love interest of Bruce there
what would happen if that happen

I'm not sure if a young Batman series would work as well as a young Superman one does but I would have to see how they would do it. But I wouldn't want Selina introduced so early. To tell you the truth that's one of the main reasons I don't like Smallville because I haven't kept up on Superman comics but I don't think she knew Clark her whole life as far as I knew and that bugs me. I'd rather see them have a bunch of different love interests as teens and meet their ladies of love as adults than have that contrived known each other all along crap.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:25 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alfheim
*sigh* I dunno man that just sounds chavunist. Anyway she is nice but I odnt think its just physical she seems to have a nice character to.

I wasn't saying she's a nice choice because she has big breast, I just think in general she's a good choice for this role.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 05:37 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

Originally posted by NoFate007
That could've worked out really well. Bruce obtaining/making gadgets in the position of Clark figuring out a new power (ala, instead of figuring out how to say, use his heat vision, Bruce would get the batmobile)...Selina as the love interest x2, since he'd be interested in both Selina and Catwoman...make him deal with Thorne and Falcone and the mobsters of the area to give you a lot of thugs to beat up and stuff...Joker as the main villain....Harvey Dent as his best friend pre-accident...Alfred and Lucius take the sort of "ma and pa Kent" roles in a way (no offense to Fox lol). They wouldn't have to worry about CGI problems (which is why Clark isn't flying) since the biggest CGI character you'd have would be Clayface and he isn't big enough that you'd need him in the first or even second season. I'd much rather see "Gotham" than "Smallville", just because of how the past season was merely "Lana Lang featuring Clark Kent complaining about Lana" and not a "Superman in the works" show.

wow.. that's cool.. that could happen..
maybe after Smallville..wish wish
hey hey .. got the outline of that series

http://www.kryptonsite.com/brucewayne/outline.htm

The Bruce Wayne TV project got far enough that a series bible mapping the program out had been prepared by Tim McCanlies. The series bible set out most of what would have been the "plan" for a five-year long series. Here are some highlights:

As detailed in the information about the pilot, Bruce Wayne begins with the lead character only days away from his 18th birthday. Him and his faithful manservant Alfred Pennyworth return to Gotham City so Bruce can sign Waynecorp over to the corporation's trustees. Of course, he gets there, and it seems that his family's company might not only be responsible for the decline of Gotham City and corruption within, but they may also be trying to kill him.

Bruce's #1 ally among the Gotham Police Department, then as he is now, is Detective Jim Gordon. Aside from Det. Gordon, the police force is full of corruption going all the way up to Gordon's boss, Lt. Flass.

Harvey Dent is Bruce Wayne's best friend. Harvey's a few years older; rich, spoiled, selfish, and bored. Harvey's studying corporate law, but his friendship with Bruce and the excitement therein might lead him to take a different route later in life. Harvey "has no shame," and is always trying to get Bruce to lighten up a bit.

Bruce has a number of interests in the show's first season, including the Gotham City Youth Shelter. Barbara Gordon hangs out there, but another woman who runs the shelter really catches Bruce's eye. She is Susan Dent, the very attractive sister of Harvey, and of course, with it being the WB, love interest for young Bruce Wayne. Also vying for Bruce's attention is a young TV gossip reporter named Vicky Vale, and a psychology student named Harleen Quinzel may also be in Bruce's future...

A few other folks from Batman's future make their way through. There's the mysterious "consultant" Selena Kyle, a would-be comedian (described as "Sam Kinison but angrier") named Jack Napier, and a kid from Smallville, Kansas named Clark Kent. Bruce meets Clark as he is in town for a WayneCorp sponsored conference of high school journalists. Bruce dismisses Clark at first as a nice kid from the sticks, but then he starts to realize there's something odd about this farm boy.

"There's a newspaper editors convention in Gotham City," writer McCanlies himself explained in a 2004 interview, "and this kid Clark Kent shows up. Bruce wants nothing to do with him, but for some reason they're thrown together. He keeps trying to lose this kid but he can't. You have to know who Clark Kent is to get the joke. I never reveal who this guy is. He's just this very surprising 16-year-old from Smallville, Kansas."

As the series progresses, Bruce becomes more and more intrigued and fascinated by the criminal element. He spends time at Arkham Asylum, observing the felons within. He restores Wayne Manor, and brings in a series of Martial Arts trainers. He buys sleek racing motorcycles, and realizes that in the helmet and leather, speeding through late at night, that it is quite a pleasure to be completely anonymous.

Towards the end of the first season, Bruce would find a large cavern underneath Wayne Manor. He and Alfred bring in Polish workers in blacked-out planes and buses to set up what ultimately becomes the Bat Cave. (What, you thought he built it all himself?)

In later seasons, Bruce would take bigger steps, and we'd finally get an answer to such burning questions like "Why didn't he just become a policeman?" He joins the GCPD; it doesn't last. He then goes to the FBI academy; that, too, is a bust.

Bruce's skills grow as the series progresses. His skill in martial arts, already there when the show begins, is being perfected. He learns more about car racing, helicopter and airplane flying, gymnastics, and more. The world thinks that he's a fickle rich kid living it up and experiencing all that he can, but all of this work does lead to a purpose.

Once Bruce gains control of WayneCorp, he uses those resources to help him in his cause. Certain WayneCorp R&D in special weapons, prototypes, vehicles and such manages to disappear.... and of course, later ends up in Batman's arsenal. WayneCorp wins the bid to build the FBI's computer criminal database... and of course, Bruce has access.

Each episode would be framed with bookend scenes of an older Alfred telling the tale through his "memoirs" - an element that would later be seen to some extent with Birds of Prey.

Bruce starts off the series as an immature 17 year old, but Bruce Wayne ends where all of the previous Batman stories would begin, at that moment where Bruce figures out the best way to stop the criminal element in Gotham City, by becoming... a bat.

Last edited by hermione7 on Aug 13th, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 12:22 PM
hermione7
HHR and CLOIS shipper

I'm not sure if a young Batman series would work as well as a young Superman one does but I would have to see how they would do it. But I wouldn't want Selina introduced so early. To tell you the truth that's one of the main reasons I don't like Smallville because I haven't kept up on Superman comics but I don't think she knew Clark her whole life as far as I knew and that bugs me. I'd rather see them have a bunch of different love interests as teens and meet their ladies of love as adults than have that contrived known each other all along crap.

honestly yup that's where smallville is wrong.. lex and lois in there?
but I'm actually happy that Lois is in there.. because she's the reason I've watched Smallville..

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 12:32 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Someone dared point out something wrong with Batman Begins...so naturally the one of territorial Begins only fans felt the need to make a strike roll eyes (sarcastic)

Take that crap to the Batman 1989 thread please. I'd like to stick to the Rachel bashing

lol alright

so yeah, that rachel dawes roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2007 04:53 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote