KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I Hate Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow

I Hate Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow
Started by: To Freedom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

good point. I agree that Elizabeth isn't THAT unusual but I dunno why I just felt instantly connected to her. I think that Keira played her a tad masculine though, which I love (you know she was bit of a tom boy in DMC and AWE) and I think any other actress would do the same considering the writers wrote her that way. But still...her facial acting is priceless (I think)

I agree about Orly's humor though. It's subtle but enjoyable and his body language and facial expressions are(just IMO) better than half the lines he says...it's pretty awesome. I still have a hard time believing that no other actor could do the same with Will though but I fully admit that I'm not expert enough on Will's character to judge about him. If you don't know a character front and back how can you decide who should play him? Now that's a pickle.

Freedom...

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:00 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joanjoan

How about opening the thread 'I hate Will'? big grin We could take it out on him big grin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 08:37 PM
joanjoan is currently offline Click here to Send joanjoan a Private Message Find more posts by joanjoan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

lol, a couple of Will fans would gladly pelt stuff at you if you do that mate.. stick out tongue

I don't think anyone else could've played will better than orli.. I can't imagine anyone else....

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 01:54 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

no hating here, although I love Orlando Bloom being pirate--he's ever so much nicer when he's not being nice--he is what my group calls TruBleuOdieColonge--he's a combo of Wesley and Andre the giant in Princess Bride. Just becos he's upright and true ==he's true dad gum blue and some folks might mistake that for milktoast--he killed a fair dinkem of the baddies--he just doesn't feel compelled to compete with Jack--not his nature. Think any other action actor they would have gotten would have been wrong feeling body style wise or age wise. Gotta admit though if he showed up at my house with pirate on--he could stay for tea, but honey banana if he showed up with ears and BLONDE hair--get the spoon, too too tasty. Does my Spock rearing show?

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 09:31 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I liked him as Legolas too!!! I think he did great with Will though. I couldn't say "I can't imagine anyone else playing Will" (not that anyone comes to mind) but he played the character perfectly. He was uptight at first and then he loosened up more and more until he was in pirate mode.

Freedom...

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 03:00 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

ditto tee!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2007 03:43 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

you wont find any Johnny haters here in this section.The celebrity section its possible,,who knows.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 04:08 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sheepgirl

I hate johnny depp

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 10:37 AM
sheepgirl is currently offline Click here to Send sheepgirl a Private Message Find more posts by sheepgirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sheepgirl
I hate johnny depp
Why?
Originally posted by joanjoan
How about opening the thread 'I hate Will'? big grin We could take it out on him big grin
See, it doesn't mean anything. I AM RIGHT!

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 09:51 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did not even type that answer. Someone hacked me!!!!!!

I did not post my last post. Again, it was a hacker. I swear! Rogue, help, this is the 2nd time someone did this to me! Can anyone find out what happened because I know I did not do this because I never clicked "edit."

Now, I'm editing my post since we cannot post more than one QUOTE.

Okay, something is wrong with the computer, so I'll do it a different way.. It said this was too many images.. It wouldn't let me post my answer even when I took out all the quotes. So, I'll have to post it in more than one post. Please don't ban me for this because the computer is messing up and didn't say it was because like of that its length is longer. Let me know what happened.

Last edited by VioletEyesPop08 on Feb 28th, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 12:43 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by J.P Jaeh_Poole
I almost died when i saw the title...

anyway, If you're a Johnny Depp hater, why go in the Pirates Of The Caribbean Forums? blink eek!
Like, good one.
Originally posted by JacksSweet
Haahhah i came after a very long time in here...and what did i see??? "i hate johnny depp" i was like WHAT????i was so surprised and scared because of what a johnny/jack haters became of my friends during the time i was not here big grinbig grinbig grin god!!!ToFreedom!!!!You got us all big grinbig grinbig grin
-Which tells us we don't really want to know what people think in their selfishness on such topics. -Which means we should not have to say this. -Which means I never have anything to say?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 12:57 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by potcfan2003
I don't really have a reason...
I think he's really ugly...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 12:59 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

He is ugly...
Originally posted by Surreal_44
I don't hate Jack Sparrow or Johnny Depp....

But I don't really like them either. stick out tongue

That's right, I don't like Johnny Depp. I don't think his acting is spectacular, I don't think his looks are spectacular, I don't think his personality is uber wonderful, and I don't like most of his films.

Why?

I dunno. stick out tongue I look at Johnny and I'm like, eh...ok.

And trust me, I have tried to like him. I have looked at him wet, and without a shirt on, and of course the gazzillion and one photos of him on the net, and all I can say is that he's good-looking, but I don't tingle when I look at him.

As for Jack Sparrow, I think he's over-rated and really, really annoying. I've never really liked his character. In fact, the only way I've truly enjoyed reading him is through fanfiction, mostly Sparrington fics, or the ones written by honorat. If you haven't read any of her work, then shame on you, because she's brilliant. wink Go read. Even try reading her story "Worthy of His Steel", which is about Will as a child. It's so good that it feels like canon. Everything she writes feels like canon. wink

Ahem, back on subject: In conclusion, I do not hate Johnny or Jack, but they do not cause my ovaries to do a leap for joy, I find Jack annoying and Johnny is just a bit too weird for me, and I disagree with almost every opinion of his that I know about. Therefore, I do not feel much of anything for them. wink
Well, yea, he is old-fashioned and wasted. He is just a trap that stupid people like my old best friends set up that he is all that when he is just a person innocently trying to enjoy himself comparably. He is not really popular at all in that regard. I think Dakota Fanning, while having like a hundred or whatever hate groups on Facebook, is popular.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 01:00 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by IheartPocky
My dad doesn't care for Johnny as a person but he likes Jack. smile

Heh, Surreal.. Do you like Orlando's acting?
"My dad doesn't care for..." Why don't you bud just shut up and be thankful you have your dad? Unlike you, I'm just funning, but watch what comes out of your mouth, if that did not offend you. (NE FL) -But next time invite ME to the party!!!
Originally posted by To Freedom
Surreal, I think you belong to a minority of people who dislike Johnny Depp and the Jack Sparrow character. But it's ok, everyone's entitled to his or her opinion. My mum can't stand Johnny Depp 'cos she thinks he's unwashed, lazy-looking and smokes too much. But I don't care, I like bad boys.
We should turn that minority into a majority and then all meet Johnny Depp and get into a film with him, get famous, and end our lives that way.

VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
That thing is hilarious considering Orlando is so sweet...and he doesn't care if he's number one in woman's magazines and stuff...and he played himself like he's super jealous of Johnny which isn't true and I guess that's what made it so funny!

I like Orlando's personality, I love him as a person and his interviews are always ones that I love to watch but I think he plays the characters a bit too by the book. He never brings something to the character that no other actor could bring you know? Like Johnny gave Jack a unique touch (even if you don't like Johnny/Jack you can't argue with the unique part) and Keira gave Elizabeth a fierce and strong look (which I really admire) but Orly didn't give Will anything that another actor like Jude Law couldn't give him. But I won't press this point because maybe I haven't payed enough attention.

Even is you don't like Johnny though you must admit that he's weird, unique, dark and twisted. The four things are the things that draw me to him. And I do think he is incredibly talented too...considering he's never studied acting SERIOUSLY like some of the other actors have and he's still better than most of them.

All I'm saying is that I don't think Orly is attractive but the whole world seems to think so and that makes me admit that perhaps he's not attractive to me but that he is attractive in general. Maybe some people might not think Johnny good looking or talented but he is in general...making any twisted sort of sense?
He just feels privileged to meet Johnny.
Originally posted by Surreal_44
It's really just down to a matter of opnion. I have a hard time liking Johnny because his personality grates at me. I don't really see anything dark or twisted about him. He is weird, and probably unique, but he always sounds a bit high to me.

Fair assessment or not on his state of existence, it's a turn-off for me. Drug-use or alcohol abuse is not something I see as an admirable trait. It's why I'm not a huge fan of anyone famous, simply because it seems to be an accepted part of their lifestyle, and I disagree thoroughly with it.

Moving along then...wink Orlando did bring a lot to Will. The problem is that Jack Sparrow is so over-bearing in the film it's far more difficult to appreciate Will's character for who he is and what Orlando did with him.

I have a hard time imagining anyone else bringing the dorky side and cool side of Will up simultaneously without going too far one way or the other. Orlando added bits of humor to Will, a strength and purpose, and flexibility. Nothing in Will's character felt forced, and I think many an actor would have been too stiff to play Will properly.

I know, I know. Many of you think Will is the most boring character ever, but even Elizabeth is dull in comparison to Jack, Barbossa and Davy Jones. In fact, I have a hard time taking on the idea that Elizabeth is so phenominal, since Kiera played the same type of character in King Arthur back a few years ago. Elizabeth (spunky female rebelling against the strict upper class society she was born into) is not unusual for films or novels, so I didn't really embrace her like many others did.
Well, yea, so, like I could get famous and be a bigger hit than Johnny Depp because I don't abuse myself? -But because others abuse me, does that mean I am just as much s***?

RoguePw25
Hogwarts Headboy

Violet, what is going on with you? HOW many times do I have to warn you about spamming? Now you've posted 7 times in a row? One more time and I'm going to have to ban you. You continue to ignore everything I've asked you. Stop.

Originally posted by VioletEyesPop08
"My dad doesn't care for..." Why don't you bud just shut up and be thankful you have your dad? Unlike you, I'm just funning, but watch what comes out of your mouth, if that did not offend you. (NE FL) -But next time invite ME to the party!!!We should turn that minority into a majority and then all meet Johnny Depp and get into a film with him, get famous, and end our lives that way.

The above is unnecessary. How about you stay on topic and stop spamming?

Learn from yesterday...
Live for today...
Hope for tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 11:18 PM
RoguePw25 is currently offline Click here to Send RoguePw25 a Private Message Find more posts by RoguePw25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dari

Love

omg i got so freaked theres no way theres a johnny hater, i mean.....who hates johnny depp! i hope no one

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 06:03 AM
dari is currently offline Click here to Send dari a Private Message Find more posts by dari Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

Omg I remember this thread.

Case and point why rogue is my favorite mod. And why we hate the pimple.

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 09:19 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by ibd4eva
Omg I remember this thread.

Case and point why rogue is my favorite mod. And why we hate the pimple.

Yes. xD

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 06:46 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

He killed all my threads. Even the Ichy one.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2009 12:40 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote