KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » He Was Meant to be With...

He Was Meant to be With...
Started by: ewalklover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz post sad plz sad i am like w8in sad plz

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 02:57 AM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

later today...if I finish the chapter...I promise!!

PLEASE READ AND REVIEW, GUYS!!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 03:12 PM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg mad i am still sad sad sad sad thts jus wrong, u led me 2 believe tht u posted, waaaaaaaa, gosh
EFFIN POST DAMMIT, laughing out loud laughing out loud
u dont wna b on my bad side, i already got one person on there,
gosh n he hasnt posted n like 2wks, arrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2007 11:56 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

VERY SOON! just finishing up this super long chappy!!

anyone else want to review before I post?? it would make me very happy....

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 01:48 AM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: Okay, guys, I'll admit it. I'm a little bit disappointed. I was hoping for more reviews!! And I said I wasnt going to post until I got more...well, I'm not mean, so here's the next Harry/Hermione chapter. I promised something really HUGE would happen in this chapter...and it's happening!! It's the longest chapter yet, so I'm hoping for the most reviews yet!! Maybe? Okay.

Just another thought I've been having...I might just make this a Harry/Hermione story, and re-do the begining. If I decide to do that, I'll repost the story in another thread or whatever. I'll keep you posted on that, and if anyone has any thoughts on the matter, feel free to let me know.

And now, the longest chapter yet!!

-Emmy
(ps, I think I'll still post in green, just so I dont confuse anyone)

Chapter Eight (Harry/Hermione): An Unexpected Announcement

“Hi, Ron,” said Harry later that night as he entered the seventh year boy’s dormitory.

“Oh. Hey, Harry,” Ron said, looking up from a letter he was writing. He tried to smile but it looked more like a grimace.

“So…” Harry said, trying to start a conversation. “Quidditch practice tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to that?”

“Sure.”

Harry sighed. “Look, Ron, I know I haven’t been the greatest friend since me and Hermione started going out.”

“You’re not kidding. You barely talk to me anymore. I thought when I gave you my idea for this whole plan thing that you would just get a girlfriend…I didn’t think you would drop me like that.”

“I’m really sorry Ron. Really. Hermione and I…well, we haven’t acted much like friends…it’s just…I — we — are really sorry.”

Ron decided that this would probably be the best sort of apology he’d get, so he took it, and said, “Okay. It’s good now.”

Harry smiled. “So anyways…you and Luna eh? Getting pretty close?”

Ron blushed a bit. “She’s not so loony when you get to know her. Well, I mean, she’s not completely normal, but she’s really nice to talk to.”

Harry nodded, understanding. “It’s good you’ve got someone like her.”

“Yeah. So…how’re things with Hermione?”

“Really great. I can’t believe I ever imagined myself with other girls like Cho Chang. Hermione is so much better.”

Ron laughed.

November grew colder with every passing day. Harry and Hermione grew closer, as did Ron and Luna and Ginny and Dean. Homework also became harder. Quidditch practices became tougher; Harry wanted to win the cup this year since it was his last. As November turned to December, Hogwarts was turned into a winter wonderland. It was so beautiful that Dumbledore thought, why not share this beauty with others? And with that, an announcement was made.

“May I have your attention please, students,” Dumbledore said one evening after the dessert was cleared from the tables. The students quickly quieted down, eager to hear what was about to be said. Dumbledore smiled. “I have a very special and exciting announcement. Yesterday, something terrible occurred.” Quizzical expressions replaced the ones of excitement on the faces of the students. How could something terrible be special and exciting? Dumbledore continued, “A fire swept the halls of Salem School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hogwarts’ sister school in North America, in the middle of the night. Everyone is safe, but the school is no more. Thus, I have been in contact with their headmistress, my cousin, Headmistress Kingman. We have decided that the students of Salem School will be coming here in one week to complete their studies until the school is rebuilt.”

Conversation and shouts of excitement suddenly broke out in the Great Hall. Dumbledore smiled and raised his hands, and the hall was quiet once again. “Therefore, I will need our Head Boy and Girl and the prefects to meet me outside the prefect meeting room after my announcements are finished.”

“There’s more?” whispered Hermione to Harry. He shrugged.

“This last announcement will be a treat, especially for all of our Quidditch players.” Dumbledore’s eyes sparkled. “This year, instead of playing games all year, each house Quidditch team will receive special training from one of four professional Quidditch teams, and then we will have a tournament at the end of the year.”

The Great Hall erupted in cheers, mostly from the Quidditch teams and Quidditch fans. Once everyone was quiet, Dumbledore went on.

“The four teams that will be joining us here at Hogwarts for the remainder of the year are: The Cudley Cannons,” Ron’s face lit up in happiness, “Puddlemere United, The Holyhead Harpies, and the Bulgarian Team.”

Hermione’s stomach flipped and her face paled as Dumbledore said these last words. Harry’s fists clenched.

“Quidditch captains, please join me up here to pick your teams.” Harry rose, as did the other captains, and walked up to where Dumbledore stood. He smiled at all of them and held out the bag to the Hufflepuff captain who stuck his hand in and pulled out a dark green stone. “Holyhead Harpies,” he said, and then moved over so that the Ravenclaw captain could choose.

She stuck her hand in and pulled out a navy blue stone; Puddlemere United. Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin captain stuck his hand in and pulled out a maroon stone. He grinned. “Bulgaria,” he said, and the Slytherin’s erupted in cheers, as did Ron.

There was only one team left, and Harry pulled out an orange stone. “The Chudley Cannons,” he said, and glanced at Ron who looked like he’d die of happiness.

“Well, there we have it!” cried Dumbledore happily. “The Quidditch teams will be arriving two days after the students of Salem arrive. And now, I ask that all prefects and heads meet me outside the prefect meeting room, and that everyone else goes and gets a good night’s sleep.”

Outside Dumbledore’s office, Hermione met up with an ecstatic looking Ron, along with the other prefects.

“Excited much?” Hermione laughed at Ron, who was bouncing on his toes. She shook her head, thinking he might not be able to get too much sleep that night. He nodded, his smile almost touching his eyes.

Just then, Dumbledore got there and opened the door for them and lead them inside.

The room was very plain. In the middle there was a long table with chairs down both sides for the prefects, the two at the very end for the heads. At the end by the head chairs was the chair for Dumbledore or McGonagall, whoever was running the meeting. Behind that was a blackboard with ideas for the year and possible Hogsmead trips scribbled on it. There were also bulletin boards around the room with notices and announcements and other things from past years.

Hermione took her seat at the end of the table across from Ron and beside Dumbledore and Brianna, another Gryffindor prefect who was also Ginny’s best friend in her year.

“So,” Dumbledore started as soon as everyone was settled. “I assume you all are very excited for Christmas, now that we have people coming.” His eyes sparkled as people nodded and laughed. Dumbledore smiled. “I will need you to plan a few things, such as the welcome feast when Salem arrives and then another one when the Quidditch teams arrive. I was also thinking of something to get people to get to know each other a bit…such as a winter dance.”

Everyone started to whisper to the person sitting next to him or her. Dumbledore cleared his throat, and everyone was quiet again. “I was thinking something wintery…but, it’s up to you. Just let me know when you’ve decided everything. Oh, and I think just fourth years and up, like the Yule Ball. You can maybe organize something smaller for the younger children, if you wish. And now, I’ll leave you with your Head Boy and Girl in charge.” Dumbledore winked at Ron and Hermione, and walked swiftly out of the room.

Ron glanced at Hermione, and she met his gaze. “Okay…” she said slowly, her eyes still on Ron. “Anyone have any ideas?”

Brianna spoke up from beside her. Brianna was a bubbly blonde who always had something to say about everything. “I was thinking, maybe we should do something wintery, like Dumbledore said. Something like, ice palacy. Sort of…winter fairy tail-ish.” She said, flipping her long blonde hair over her shoulder.

“I like that idea, Bri,” Hermione said. “Anyone have any objections?” Nobody said anything. “Okay, then our theme is Winter Fairy Tail Ice Palace,” she said, getting up. She waved her wand and cleared everything off of the board. They would need the whole thing now. She picked up the chalk and wrote the words on the board in big letters at the top. Then she said, “Okay, we’ll need to split into groups for things we’ll need like decorations, a band, food, invitations, stuff like that.”

Everyone was silent. Brianna rolled her eyes. “Hermione, not to be rude or anything, but maybe, since this theme was my idea I could help run it?”

Hermione sighed a sigh of relief that someone else was going to help take charge. Ron looked as lost as the shy Hufflepuff fifth year prefect.

“Great idea,” she said, and Brianna smiled and hopped up to join Hermione at the front.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 02:10 AM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: This chapter was too long to post in one, so here's the other half!

“Okay. So, let’s start with bands. I was thinking the Weird Sisters…I know they were here for the Yule Ball, and that they were awesome, so it’d be really cool to get them again. Who wants to be in charge of that?” she said as Hermione wrote ‘Band’ and underneath it, ‘Weird Sisters’ on the board. A Slytherin sixth year raised his hand. “Brianna pointed at him. “Okay, since there are a lot of up we’ll go with our prefect partners. So Blake, you and Ebony will be in charge of getting the band.” Hermione wrote their names on the board underneath ‘Weird Sisters’.

“Next we’re going to need invitations. I think four people should do that, since there’s going to be a lot.” Everyone looked to his or her partner. Finally it was confirmed that the Ravenclaws (both fifth and sixth year prefects) would be doing that.

“Food,” Brianna said simply, and decided on the Hufflepuff and Slytherin fifth years. Then she went on to “Decorations. I think that’ll be everyone else, since it’s a big job.” She sighed and looked at the board. “Okay. I think that should be everything. I guess Ron, Hermione and I will be here if you need any help or have questions,” she glanced sideways at Hermione, who nodded and though, she’ll make a good head girl next year, and then continued, “And we’ll also be doing the decorations and giving you our ideas and such. And if anyone else has ideas, then feel free to share.”

“Is that all?” Hermione asked when she had finished. Brianna grinned and nodded. “Okay then, dismissed. Ravenclaws, I want a sample of your invite by next Friday before curfew. Slytherin sixth years, please try and book the band A.S.A.P., and if you cant get the Weird Sisters, then go for the next best band. Hufflepuff and Slytherin fifth years, I want a list of food by next Friday before curfew. And everyone else doing decorations, we’ll meet here next Friday after supper to discuss ideas and such.” She took a deep breath. “Okay, everyone, you can go now.”

Harry sat on his bed in his dormitory, thinking. So much had just happened. A new school was going to be staying here the rest of the year? The Chudley Cannons were going to be coaching his Quidditch team? Viktor Krum was going to be here?

Harry groaned with the last thought and laid back, his head hitting the pillows. Viktor Krum was Hermione’s old…boyfriend? He wasn’t sure how far they’d gotten, or if it had just been a sort of…fling. He knew they had kept in touch, but writing letters was different than talking to each other face-to-face.

He knew he would pummel Krum if he made any kind of move with Hermione. Or, at least he’d try to…he wasn’t sure how well he’d succeed…Krum was HUGE.

And why did he have to pick the Chudley Cannons to coach their team? He wanted to win, didn’t he? And the Chudley Cannons were notoriously known for losing. So what if they were Ron’s favourite? Harry wanted to win!

And what if Hermione met some really smart, handsome guy from Salem? Or Viktor Krum? What if she ditched Harry for him? Harry didn’t want to think of that happening. He knew she wouldn’t. Or would she?

Speak of the devil…

“Hey,” Hermione poked her head in the door.

Harry grinned. Sort of. “Hey,” he muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Hermione said, making her way over to Harry.

“What? Oh, nothing.” He moved over, making room for her on his bed and she lay down beside him.

There were a few minutes of silence. Then Hermione said, “Harry, you know there’s nothing going on between Viktor and I. I’m with you now. I love you, and you know that.”

Harry sighed. He knew she’d figure it out. “It’s just…he’s older, he’s a professional Quidditch player, not to mention he better looking—”

“Harry! I can’t believe you’d say that! No one is better looking in my eyes than you!”

Harry blushed slightly. “Okay. I guess you’re right. I’m over reacting.”

“I’m always right Harry.”

Harry grinned. “So I’m never right?”

“Nope.”

“Not even some of the time?”

“Nope. Never.”

“Ouch. Way to bruise my ego.”

“Aw. I’m sorry. Shall I kiss it better?”

“Yes, please.”

PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2007 02:12 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg...tht last part was really cute, plz post more, i love it
demanding part:
DAMMIT U BETTA EFFIN POST THIS INSTINT(sp? lol i caint spell) SO POST

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 07:51 PM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: IMPORTANT!! this story is done. well, not entirely. I'm taking this story and turning it into a Harry/Hermione fic. I'll be starting a new thread shortly...thanks to everyone who's read this story!

-ewalklover

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 10:42 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

r u goin 2 close this thread down??

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 11:57 AM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

I would...if i knew how confused

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 09:08 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

jus PM Rex, he's the moderator, laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 09:55 PM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

kay..if I have time. I'd rather write more of my story. smile and who knows...maybe I'll continue the Harry/Ginny story on this some day.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 11:17 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE NEGLECTED THIS STORY!

I'm soooo sorry ewalklover! so i took the time and read all Harry-Hermi posts (err, it's my preferred pair) big grin THOSE WERE AWESOME! NEW POSTS!!!! NEWWW!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 12:18 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

haha...I've started a new story for my Harry/Hermione chapters...it's called Being With You, and it's much farther along than this one. it's based on this one but it has a few changes. you should check it out, cuz I probably wont be continuing this story. smile glad you liked it, though!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 07:55 PM