KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » The Locust and the Hawk

The Locust and the Hawk
Started by: Venomous Yoshi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

The Locust and the Hawk

I wrote this a couple of years ago...

The Locust and the Hawk

One day, this muscular locust was walking through the forest. He was flexing his thorax towards all of the other insects. He was very self-absorbed and thought he was perfect. He was looking at his reflection in a puddle when this tiny and ugly baby hawk approached him. This bird was at least one-third of the locust’s size. The bird was timid as it began to speak to the locust. “Excuse me, mister. Do you think I’ll ever be like you when I grow up?” he said. “I doubt that!” the locust replied. “By the way you look, I’m surprised you’re not already dead. Someone as ugly and puny as you does not deserve to live. Why should I waste my life helping a disgusting piece of trash as yourself?” With that, he kicked the bird away from him. The tiny bird cried heavily and flew away clumsily. The locust continued in admiring his physique.

A couple of years had passed when the locust grew old. He no longer had the prized muscles that he adored for the past few years. He was now old, fat, and slow. The locust was walking through the forest when a bird, five times his size, landed in front of him. As the locust looked up, he could see that the bird was strong and had eyes that were filled with rage. Then it came to him: it was the same bird that he kicked a couple of years ago. “How you like me now, sharp beak when I smile,” the hawk said. With that, he gobbled up the locust and spat out the exoskeleton. The hawk flew away with a big grin.

Moral: What goes around, comes around.

So, what do you think?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:37 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

wow....excellent

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:45 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Nicely written for a short fablesque piece. Well done, Yoshi.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 07:38 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Thanks! big grin

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 11:33 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Reminds me of Aesop. I like it.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 04:23 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Nicely written for a short fablesque piece. Well done, Yoshi.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Captain Rex. I like this story. The moral is always true, though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2007 10:17 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote