KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Official Critique thread on the Transformers Film.

Official Critique thread on the Transformers Film.
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it wasn't G1 Jazz, it wasn't a G1 movie, just inspired by.

We weren't given TIME to care that Jazz got ripped in half, and I still felt kind of bad considering he had a pretty good homage.

It was the first movie, you have to consider that, and how much it costs to make those things. Considering it could have been a flop, and lots of people were willing to ignore the final product and boycott it anyway, they probably couldn't afford two hours worth of robot animation.

I do get what you're saying, but I went to see it with someone who brought along her two younger sisters. The youngest one was very upset seeing Bumblebee get tortured AND Jazz getting killed. So maybe it's not the movie's fault, I couldn't watch the G1 movie without crying at Prime's death when I was that age, and while it still tugged at me for a while after, it's nothing to any of us now is it? It's just a show we enjoy.

Maybe the empathy isn't there because we have less emotional investment in the characters and more in the general G1 franchise, which the movie wasn't.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 04:27 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

2 hours is plenty of time to develope main characters. a half hour can be sufficient time. as far as not being moved by prime's death in the original movie, speak for yourself.

it was upsetting to see bumblebee tortured simply because time was invested into buiding his character (however weak it was, there was still a bit of time invested beyond 2 sentences of ridiculous dialogue and a brakdancing move).

its simple. no time, no dialogue/interaction=dont give a shit. even PRIME didnt seem to give much of a shit as he held his half-a-friend

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 04:44 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's interesting is that no one's agreeing with what you're saying so far. So where did "us" come from?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 04:56 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

The Prime death is still a choker for me too.
Every aspect of it drips sadness.

Certain similar experiences we encounter in life'll compound that for some too, myself included.

For sure, the finanances were encroaching on TF time,
the cost could arguably have been better when spending less time on mass-shifting/transforming allsparks and Jar-Jar-Binks-like Frenzy-related shinanigans, but the poor script would have to rely on such souless machinations to sustain the screen time given the lack of TF content in the script.

The leaked script, by the way was for me and, I believe, Schecter the thing that worried from the outset. Had it for ages before the movie came out. Even then, the lack of consideration for any characters outside of Prime and Bumblebee was the huge worrier.

The thing read so human character biased and I was praying that this was some kind of script given only to the on-screen actors.
Turns out that it was actually more or less finished, TF wise.
sad

And reading it in that form without the flashy CGI, it was nakedness and flakyness.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Aug 24th, 2007 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 12:59 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the official "hahaha i was right" thread

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Schecter

yeah, got that jpeg in my profile. thanks again for your well thought and relevant contributions. i feel so intellectually humbled by your hotlinking skillz.

Attachment: stfu.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 03:35 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
What's interesting is that no one's agreeing with what you're saying so far. So where did "us" come from?

whats interesting is you cant seem to understand that YOUR little forum is dead.

and roughrider (manly name, i must say) you can stop proving your skills as a picture poster. im already impressed, i must say.

sarcasm aside, fanboy groupthink wont chase me away, nor will it wash away the blatant truth staring you in the face. so i will continue to laugh at your non-forum. the fact stands: you've produced a page and a half. thats just pathetic beyond any shadow of a doubt. thats 'hang your head and walk away without a word spoken' pathetic. yet here you are, acting like only your opinions are valid. typical fanboys roll eyes (sarcastic)

cry for me

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 04:34 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

whats interesting is you cant seem to understand that YOUR little forum is dead.

and roughrider (manly name, i must say) you can stop proving your skills as a picture poster. im already impressed, i must say.

sarcasm aside, fanboy groupthink wont chase me away, nor will it wash away the blatant truth staring you in the face. so i will continue to laugh at your non-forum. the fact stands: you've produced a page and a half. thats just pathetic beyond any shadow of a doubt. thats 'hang your head and walk away without a word spoken' pathetic. yet here you are, acting like only your opinions are valid. typical fanboys roll eyes (sarcastic)

cry for me

Attachment: whatever-you-moron.jpg
This has been downloaded 53 time(s).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:28 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

yet more jpg's for the fail.

why dont you try challenging my opinion instead of validating it with your picture-posting idiocy?

:edit: hey speaking of jpg's. i have an idea for a transformers movie forum banner big grin

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Schecter on Aug 24th, 2007 at 08:25 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 08:12 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

LOL

"Sleeping with the fish"

Godfather.......

smile

Hope y'all don't mind but Ive just had to nick some of these.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 10:35 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

why dont you try challenging my opinion instead of validating it with your picture-posting idiocy?

:edit: hey speaking of jpg's. i have an idea for a transformers movie forum banner big grin

What can I say to a person who has "LOL RAPE" in their title, and thinks it's funny? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Debate a sniggering little troll like you ? It's beneath me. big grin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 01:12 AM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
What can I say to a person who has "LOL RAPE" in their title, and thinks it's funny? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Debate a sniggering little troll like you ? It's beneath me. big grin

funny since the only one trolling in this thread is you.
you know what? go back to posting stupid pictures since you obviously have nothing intelligent to say.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 01:23 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

funny since the only one trolling in this thread is you.
you know what? go back to posting stupid pictures since you obviously have nothing intelligent to say.

Attachment: a-niggaplease.jpg
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 02:04 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's interesting is that you somehow think this is my forum, despite the fact that I never post in here..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 09:15 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

thats interesting (no it isnt)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 04:42 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I tried..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 07:29 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

What's the point of this thread? I liked it. End of transaction.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 08:17 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You don't have to dwell here if you don't like it and think it's that bad of a forum, you know.

Fair enough, your opinion is that the movie sucked, we do get that. I don't see why you're trying to insist the forum is a failure rather than trying to contribute something. It's not supposed to be a "movie" forum anyway, just general TF.

I'm quite surprised you're acting in such a way. As if the movie personally insulted you to the point of this tirade.

You don't like the movie or the forum, we get it. Perhaps leave others to enjoy the forum now.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 08:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You don't have to dwell here if you don't like it and think it's that bad of a forum, you know.

Fair enough, your opinion is that the movie sucked, we do get that. I don't see why you're trying to insist the forum is a failure rather than trying to contribute something. It's not supposed to be a "movie" forum anyway, just general TF.

-i am contributing something. hence the thread.

-though ideally you would be right, this is categorised in the movie franchise forum as opposed to cartoon/comic/cinema franchises such as batman and spiderman. anal, yes. but im still correct stick out tongue

I'm quite surprised you're acting in such a way. As if the movie personally insulted you to the point of this tirade.

funny how you turn an overscrutinous eye to 1 persons opinion, and lable it as a "tirade" while turning a convenient blind eye to the trolling which has plagued the thread. could it be that you're flat wrong in your assessment that i feel personally insulted? i believe so. but if ad homimen jibber jabber is what you choose to bring to the table, then so be it. dont think you're going to chase me out though with false labels and fallacy.

You don't like the movie or the forum, we get it. Perhaps leave others to enjoy the forum now.

-AC

i made a single thread. a thread stating my opinion. if YOU dont like it than perhaps you should avoid the topic. you behave as if i entered this forum with a bomb strapped to myself declaring that all must view this thread or perish. if im so wrong and this topic is moot, then let it sink like a stone at the bottom of a pond. too much sense?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 10:16 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

-i am contributing something. hence the thread.

-though ideally you would be right, this is categorised in the movie franchise forum as opposed to cartoon/comic/cinema franchises such as batman and spiderman. anal, yes. but im still correct stick out tongue

The intent behind this forum's creation was not the movie, as it was largely Scythe's idea. The movie was just incentive.

funny how you turn an overscrutinous eye to 1 persons opinion, and lable it as a "tirade" while turning a convenient blind eye to the trolling which has plagued the thread. could it be that you're flat wrong in your assessment that i feel personally insulted? i believe so. but if ad homimen jibber jabber is what you choose to bring to the table, then so be it. dont think you're going to chase me out though with false labels and fallacy.

The trolling is bs also, I'm not saying it isn't, but creating a thread with a title such as this, with intent such as this, isn't exactly suggesting that you are here to peacefully put forth your opinion is it?

You are suggesting you were correct in your verdict of the movie, for you, perhaps. Not for everybody. I respect your opinion and your right to it, just not the way you've gone about it.

I'm not attempting to chase you out anywhere, I just think the way you initially conducted yourself was a shame.

i made a single thread. a thread stating my opinion. if YOU dont like it than perhaps you should avoid the topic. you behave as if i entered this forum with a bomb strapped to myself declaring that all must view this thread or perish. if im so wrong and this topic is moot, then let it sink like a stone at the bottom of a pond. too much sense?

You made a thread essentially, humourously or not, telling people they were wrong, in denial if they liked it, and various other things. I'm not telling you that your opinion is wrong, I'm suggesting you didn't go about it in the best way, in my opinion.

And by contributing I mean since you're such a fan of the G1 series, perhaps contribute to some of those threads instead of making sure YOUR thread stays at the top, and others trolling you should do the same.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2007 10:53 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

The trolling is bs also, I'm not saying it isn't, but creating a thread with a title such as this, with intent such as this, isn't exactly suggesting that you are here to peacefully put forth your opinion is it?

i could give half a shit if its "peaceful". you go ahead and make buddy-buddy threads, and ill express my opinion as is.

You are suggesting you were correct in your verdict of the movie, for you, perhaps. Not for everybody. I respect your opinion and your right to it, just not the way you've gone about it.

I'm not attempting to chase you out anywhere, I just think the way you initially conducted yourself was a shame.

a shame? now who's acting offended roll eyes (sarcastic)

you feel free to express your opinion on the topic as i will. you think im wrong? fine. but with all due respect, cram the personal appraisal of my motives. its irritating and downright hypocritical. regardless of how polite and civil you attempt to package it in, its ad homenim dribble.

ill contribute how i please to this and any forum.

Last edited by Schecter on Aug 26th, 2007 at 01:28 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 01:26 AM