KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Grandmaster vs Thanos

Grandmaster vs Thanos
Started by: Deadline

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phenomenol
Obviously hyperbole because Grandmaster never displayed that type of ability.
u cry out hyperbole way to often.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2007 05:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Bump!

This is actually an interesting match up. My gut says Thanos but I've been reading some of my old issues and damn Grandmaster is a beast. Space/Time manip, raising the dead, beating teams of heroes with a gesture, etc...

How you guys see this going down?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 05:38 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Grandmaster

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 08:24 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

GM

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 13th, 2014 09:28 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by zopzop
Bump!

This is actually an interesting match up. My gut says Thanos but I've been reading some of my old issues and damn Grandmaster is a beast. Space/Time manip, raising the dead, beating teams of heroes with a gesture, etc...

How you guys see this going down?

Grandmaster every single time...

Grandmaster outwitted Death once if I recall directly...

If Grandmaster can one up her, then he can beat Thanos...

Now Thanos did beat him during the Thanos quest, but Thanos did have 5 Infinity Gems compared to the Grandmasters 1 at the time...

Once again, Grandmaster wins...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 03:29 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel Watching
Peaceful....until...!

Grandmaster can play with marvel heroes as toys in a game. Thanos fights them and gets upperhand. Grandmaster wins

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 05:58 AM
Angel Watching is currently offline Click here to Send Angel Watching a Private Message Find more posts by Angel Watching Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos outsmarted GM at his own game without the aid if the gems.

Thanos wins

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 08:56 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godking

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Grandmaster every single time...

Grandmaster outwitted Death once if I recall directly...

If Grandmaster can one up her, then he can beat Thanos...

Now Thanos did beat him during the Thanos quest, but Thanos did have 5 Infinity Gems compared to the Grandmasters 1 at the time...

Once again, Grandmaster wins...
Thanos did'nt use the gems to beat GM just intelligence.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 06:58 PM
godking is currently offline Click here to Send godking a Private Message Find more posts by godking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos outsmarted GM at his own game without the aid if the gems.

Thanos wins

Based on?

Surely not raw display of power...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 09:11 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Based on?

Surely not raw display of power...
raw power , GM hadn't displayed greater raw combat power than Thanos .

Thanos matched the Inbetweener for EP in Thanos quest.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2014 11:54 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

If Hawkeye can outsmart Grandmaster then Thanos can a million times over.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 02:50 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

raw power , GM hadn't displayed greater raw combat power than Thanos .

Thanos matched the Inbetweener for EP in Thanos quest.

Thats a lie; he tried his best to match the IB's power output...

And as pertains combat feats, the Grandmaster has taken out entires teams on a whim; combine that with his array of time manipulation and other abilities and Grandmaster is superior to Thanos...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 01:46 PM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by golem370

But Grandmaster outsmarted Thanos's boss...

And Hawkeye took full advantage of Thanos's pathetic piecing resistance and impaled him with arrows last I saw...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 01:47 PM
basilisk

Grandmaster has too many abilities. He should take this, though in a comic battle he would inexplicably lose 3/4 of his IQ, not use most of those powers, and lose.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 02:59 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by golem370

Lord Barton is smarter than Thanus will ever be.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 04:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thats a lie; he tried his best to match the IB's power output...

And as pertains combat feats, the Grandmaster has taken out entires teams on a whim; combine that with his array of time manipulation and other abilities and Grandmaster is superior to Thanos...
he did match IBs energy output that's why the sphere shattered ,and it's backed up by the fact IB has tried to escąpe before and failed.

Beating teams easily who are less powerful than Thanos means nothing.

Time manip won't do shit Thanos as he has altered time flow before and can teleport through time and space

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 04:59 PM
TheLordofMurder

he did match IBs energy output that's why the sphere shattered ,and it's backed up by the fact IB has tried to escąpe before and failed.

Lie...

Order and Chaos made the sphere to be just strong enough to withstand the IB's energies; Thanos's power output was just enough to bring it to its breaking point...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 05:34 PM
TheLordofMurder

Heres the scan...

"I do my best to match them..."

Attachment: energy91fa7.jpg
This has been downloaded 43 time(s).

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 05:37 PM
TheLordofMurder

But I guess in the minds of Thanos fanboys, Thanos is the equal of Galactus and the IB...

LoL...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 05:38 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

But Grandmaster outsmarted Thanos's boss...

Not for anything, SUPPOSEDLY Loki did the same thing and even trapped Death in a Deadpool comic. I call BS on that but some people on the forums see it as a legit showing for Loki. And we all know Thanos would curbstomp Loki into bloody paste.

quote:
And Hawkeye took full advantage of Thanos's pathetic piecing resistance and impaled him with arrows last I saw...

That was written by Bendis though sick He's famous for doing stupid crap like that.

Thanos has the freakish durability, tech, and impressive power output.

Grandmaster has versatile abilities like time/space manip and impressive power output.

That's why this is a close fight IMHO.

PS
Does anyone have the scans of Grandmaster gesturing and creating a team of super humans. I read that on CBR forums.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2014 05:43 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote