KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Ultimate Silver Surfer!

Respect Ultimate Silver Surfer!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Respect Ultimate Silver Surfer!

This version of Surfer just recently made his debut, and though he doesn't have the number of feats that his 616 counterpart has, he does show great promise...

(please log in to view the image)

Please do not spam/troll this thread. People doing so will be reported immediately...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2007 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As a sort of "present" to Sue, Reed Richards planned to "bottle a Star" from a completely separate Universe..

The "Star" Reed chose, had a core temperature of 20 million degrees..

Much to Reed's surprise, the "Star" he brought to his Universe, wasn't radiating any energy.... It was sentient:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

----------

Ultimate Surfer's mere presence in Reed's Universe, causes global destruction:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

----------

Reed explains that when he first saw Surfer, he was "a couple light-years across"...

We also find out that a tenth of Jupiter's mass was sucked into Surfer's gravity field, and that he punched through the asteroid belt:

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2007 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Ultimate F4 engage an unprepared Surfer with everything they have, and eventually "imprision" him:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

----------

The harness SHIELD "imprisioned" Surfer in, was originally designed to hold the Hulk:

----------

Surfer easily shatters this harness:

----------

Ultimate Surfer learns how to speak English in an instant, by reading electromagnetic signals in the Earth's atmosphere:

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2007 at 09:21 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Surfer deflects a couple missiles, and pwns Sue/her force-field with little effort:

Ultimate Surfer defeats Johnny like a child....

"Heat? As a weapon? I suppose I follow the logic, as far as it goes."

"But to one who has walked in the chambers of the Stars, yours is but meager warmth.":

----------

Ultimate Thing gets in a few good shots on Surfer, before he too is pwned with little effort:

----------

"I have crossed UniverseS to find this world":

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ultimate Surfer is able to pass through solid matter:

----------

Surfer's board finds Reed...

"The board generates it's own gravity field. You'll feel no momentum or acceleration...."

"Think of yourself as standing still --- While the Universe runs to meet you":

----------

Ultimate Surfer is immortal:

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Reed seems to think Surfer has met the Gah-Lak-Tus swarm at some point in his creation, because Gah-Lak-Tus's antibody drones seem to have been modeled after Surfer:

I guess I can see the resemblance lol:

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:11 PM
-K-M-

Oooooooh excellent, I thought those anti-bodies were the real Surfer. Well I'm glad they wern't.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 09:50 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Oooooooh excellent, I thought those anti-bodies were the real Surfer. Well I'm glad they wern't.
I know!

Antibody Surfers' = Pathetic, imo.

I am SO glad Marvel decided to fix that "hiccup" in the story lol.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 10:13 PM
Disappear

my only gripe is that putting a too-hot-to-handle new enemy into an originally-designed-to-contain-the-hulk device has now happened three times [namor, zombie F4, silver surfer,] and has amounted to jack each time, [twice destroyed, once outsmarted.] namor also deciphered the human language almost immediately, as did the surfer. that part feels almost templated to show "hey, look what this new uber-baddie can do."

i do like the new twist on surfer, thought, being the "last son of zenn la," and working for someone besides galactus. visually, he looks a lot better than i've ever seen him, too.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 10:14 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Galan007
I know!

Antibody Surfers' = Pathetic, imo.

I am SO glad Marvel decided to fix that "hiccup" in the story lol.

Agreed. I wonder if this is a retcon, or if Marvel intended for it to be this way from the beginning.

Interesting, no?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 10:14 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Disappear
i do like the new twist on surfer, thought, being the "last son of zenn la," and working for someone besides galactus. visually, he looks a lot better than i've ever seen him, too.
thumb up
Originally posted by Soljer
Agreed. I wonder if this is a retcon, or if Marvel intended for it to be this way from the beginning.

Interesting, no?
Personally, I'm thinking retcon.

The "Ultimate Extinction" stuff happened over a year ago now.

I don't see any other reason for Marvel to wait this long to introduce the "true" Surfer, other then getting fan-feedback on how crappy the original Antibody Surfers' were...

[Especially when a single sentence is all that was required, to retcon certain "plot points" they had already established].

Just my opinion. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2007 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 10:21 PM
-K-M-

I saw the previews for the Ultimate issues, but I thought SS was going to be an anti-body and didn't bother picking it up as I hated the Ultimate Extinction arc.

Looks like I have some back issues I got to get.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 11:04 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I saw the previews for the Ultimate issues, but I thought SS was going to be an anti-body and didn't bother picking it up as I hated the Ultimate Extinction arc.

Looks like I have some back issues I got to get.
"Ultimate F4" #42-45, they are pretty good reads imo.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't really care for Surfer's "creator" though.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 27th, 2007 at 11:16 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 11:13 PM
HaSon

"Ultimate F4" #42-45, they are pretty good reads imo.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I don't really care for Surfer's "creator" though.

And who is that?

Originally posted by Disappear
my only gripe is that putting a too-hot-to-handle new enemy into an originally-designed-to-contain-the-hulk device has now happened three times [namor, zombie F4, silver surfer,] and has amounted to jack each time, [twice destroyed, once outsmarted.] namor also deciphered the human language almost immediately, as did the surfer. that part feels almost templated to show "hey, look what this new uber-baddie can do."

Yeah, when I first saw the scans I thought of Namor's first appearance too. This almost seems like the Ultimate version of beating Hulk stupid to prove how tough the new villain is.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 12:00 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Validus
And who is that?
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: His name is Revka Temerlune Edifex Scyros III, "the king without enemies". He uses incredibly powerful mind-control to make the population of various planets he conquers, worship him:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...otos/revka2.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...otos/revka1.jpg

Revka can apparently make multiple "Heralds" as well:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...otos/revka3.jpg

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 28th, 2007 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 03:19 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

Revka can apparently make multiple "Heralds" as well:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...otos/revka3.jpg

Galan who is he referring to in this scan. When he says " He'll come to you".

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 04:36 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by nimbus006
Galan who is he referring to in this scan. When he says " He'll come to you".
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Revka is telling those 3 "Heralds", that they need not pursue Reed, (who is currently with Surfer), as he will come to them. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 28th, 2007 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 04:44 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Revka is telling those 3 "Heralds", that they need not pursue Reed, (who is currently with Surfer), as he will come to them. smile

Thats what i figured, thanx... are there any scans of what happens next?

By: Juk

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 04:55 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by nimbus006
Thats what i figured, thanx... are there any scans of what happens next?
Nope.

That issue isn't out yet. smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 05:20 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Nice thread!

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 05:32 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote