KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Twilight Series

Twilight Series
Started by: .Dance_Inside.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Paola
Ronin

I've read Twilight and I consider it a romantic novel... vampires are not supposed to be that good and kind... but you fall in love with Edward indeed

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 18th, 2008 04:55 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Because I can
Defenestration

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Paola
I've read Twilight and I consider it a romantic novel... vampires are not supposed to be that good and kind... but you fall in love with Edward indeed

yeah its a pretty cheesy and predictable book but very good and mindless stick out tongue

Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence
Thanks Scythe for the awesome sig

Old Post Oct 1st, 2008 03:54 AM
Because I can is currently offline Click here to Send Because I can a Private Message Find more posts by Because I can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Would you look at that.. the book that turned vampires from ruthless killers, to sun resistant pussies. 'Tis a sad day in monster lore.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 11:32 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by Shaggs
Would you look at that.. the book that turned vampires from ruthless killers, to sun resistant pussies. 'Tis a sad day in monster lore.

I agree... But the girls at school love it, so I don't talk bad about it...

But vampires are supposed to be ruthless, badass killers, like you said... Not falling in love and being like Edward (God, every girl loves this guy, and he's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER... He's not real, ladies)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 01:23 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i finally got my copy of Breking Dawn back from a friend and just finished it. the blonde jokes just never get old laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 01:15 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Originally posted by Bat Dude
I agree... But the girls at school love it, so I don't talk bad about it...

But vampires are supposed to be ruthless, badass killers, like you said... Not falling in love and being like Edward (God, every girl loves this guy, and he's a FICTIONAL CHARACTER... He's not real, ladies)

I miss the old days, back when the sun KILLED vampires. Actually, Twilight can't be about vampires, since vampires have been in ancient history. Deviating from the acient lore basically makes them a new type of creature, but not vampires.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Oct 19th, 2008 05:10 AM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

I've read all 4 and loved all 4. No one can beat the first one - The first book in every series seems to make that lasting impact on the rest of the series. The 2 one was interesting to see what the power of love can actually do to someone, or destroy someone in this case - Not my fav, as I do like those happy endings to be honest. Then comes the 4th and then 3rd.

Are you guys aware that you can actually read the first 12 chapters of the 5th on Stephanie's website. Someone leaked them on the internet which has made her not want to continue finishing the story, so shes posted what shes done on her website

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 07:32 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i cant wait for Midnight Sun!!! yay

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 03:37 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

She said that she doesn't know if she's going to finish it - let alone publish it

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Nov 12th, 2008 08:50 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

Originally posted by spidergrl
She said that she doesn't know if she's going to finish it - let alone publish it

its already been posted on her sight that its gonna come out late spring to early summer next year

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 06:13 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

Phew, let that be true.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 01:20 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whispermeadow

I've never read these books, but I heard they're REALLY good. Are they? I want to read them, but are they any good???

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 01:39 AM
Whispermeadow is currently offline Click here to Send Whispermeadow a Private Message Find more posts by Whispermeadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whispermeadow

The guy is really ugly, jsyk(Just So You Know)and i have never read this series.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2008 04:30 AM
Whispermeadow is currently offline Click here to Send Whispermeadow a Private Message Find more posts by Whispermeadow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i didnt like hoe in the movie Edward [played by Robert Pattinson] always seemed angry (i.e. when hes confessing his love for Bella in the "Medow" sequence and hes basically growling at her the entire scene)

and also how Bella [played by Kristen Stewart] had the SAME EXACT face/voice [the idk look] the ENTIRE film
Examples:
(please log in to view the image)
^v see?
and:
^v *rawr*

Ramdomlaughing out loud

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 05:59 AM
Sancty
-

I just started Breaking dawn. I hate it. Can't continue reading.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Her getting pregnant was a reeeeally stupid way to go IMO. =.= The "wedding" was bad enough. and all the "no sex before marriage" BS, with her begging him.. and ughhh. I stopped after that.
The rest of the book I had already predicted in my head anyways, I knew [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jacob would imprint on the baby (soooo stupid)
I liked Twilight, didn't really like New Moon.. and I Eclipse was okay. They were written kinda badly, I found them ..childish, but very addictive.

Last edited by Sancty on Dec 1st, 2008 at 05:49 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 05:45 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Never read it, won't read it, won't see the movie.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 05:11 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
donna.xii
Graphic Fanatic

I totally love twilight tooo. im now reading it!
heres are my twilight siggy

enjoy. you can use it as long as you credit me! smile

Attachment: twilight03.png
This has been downloaded 120 time(s).

siggy and ava made by me!

Old Post Dec 10th, 2008 07:58 AM
donna.xii is currently offline Click here to Send donna.xii a Private Message Find more posts by donna.xii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i still say the movie sucks bawlz but one of my friends [for some strange unknown reason] liies it and has seen it like 3 times now

i couldnt even stand to watxh it once

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 01:29 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Shaggs
I miss the old days, back when the sun KILLED vampires. Actually, Twilight can't be about vampires, since vampires have been in ancient history. Deviating from the acient lore basically makes them a new type of creature, but not vampires.

Dude...where have you been the last 60 years?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...resAreDifferent

Old Post Jan 1st, 2009 01:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Howard Beale

The movie was unintentionally hilarious and rather entertaining, albeit very poorly executed. However the series is very sweet romantic fun, quite entertaining. Although the 1st and 3rd are considerably better than the 2nd and 4th. I love the first 400 pages of the 4th but then it gets dull.
As for the 2nd, no matter how cool he is Jacob is just NOT Edward; who we all know totally makes this series what it is.

4) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button- 9.5
5) In Bruges- 9.5
6) The Wrestler-9.5
7) The Dark Knight- 9
8) The Fall- 9

Old Post Jan 21st, 2009 09:31 PM
Howard Beale is currently offline Click here to Send Howard Beale a Private Message Find more posts by Howard Beale Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote