KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney Finals

darthgoober's Amalgam Tourney Finals
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

Judge's Vote

Blair Wind- You made the best use of your amalgam. Every match you were changing tactics and using different powers, resources and combinations of both. I liked your amalgam's use of tech, brains and powers. You were able to adapt to almost every situation in the tourny.

Scoobless - Your amalgam wasn't the most exotic or complex but you used its powers to the fullest. Blunt force is the best way to describe your character and you used clever techniques to change up your game plan as the tourny progressed.

My decision came down to this: Blair's plan was solid for a 500 ft BF but not a 10 mile and growing BF which is hovering a mile above and raining attacks from the start. The weapons Blair brought during the prep were inadequate to stop BF IMO. My vote goes to:

Scoobless

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 05:21 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Citizen V
Judges Vote

I have to congratulate both participants of this final for getting this far, both of you have proved you are very good debaters in the past and I was very much looking forward to this. Two good amalgams, led by two good debaters (it wasn't much of a surprise to see you two against each other in a final again).

I think that HK was on the back foot from the start of this fight straight away, a lot of his points seemed like they wouldn't hold up against Bigfoot (aka the phasing thing, I couldn't see Stark successfully using either of those gadgets to harm him and the sonics wouldn't work as Big foot's character was too large. The inertia thing was smart on Blair's part, but as Scoob pointed out Big foot's strength wouldn't be hindered by it because of his control of gravity via the moonstones.

I think it could have been a great match, but real life comes first to be honest, it stalled a match I was really looking forward to if I'm being honest.

In the end, Blair's offensive was really lacking in the brute firepower it would need to put Bigfoot down and never really showed anyway to breach his defences. Scoob on the other hand had a very convincing defense and his offensive was simple and effective, so.. therefore I cast my vote to:

SCOOBLESS

Well played gentlemen, well done to the both of you thumb up.

Originally posted by Galan007
Judges Vote:

As stated in other matches I've judged, I'm not one for essays.... So this will be short, sweet, and to the point...

Blair,

You came up with some very good tactics here, such as the already mentioned "inertia move", but I felt as though your offense left something to be desired against Bigfoot. It seemed like the sheer damage you'd need to put Scoobs amalgam down, just wasn't there.

Scoobs,

Your plans/strategies seemed better rounded. You had the total package as far as this match went, [ie. a good offense/defense, and you knew exactly what your amalgam could do, and how it could help you here].

In short,

My vote goes to Scoobles.

Great job to the both of you, and congratulations for getting here! thumb up

Originally posted by Badabing
Judge's Vote

Blair Wind- You made the best use of your amalgam. Every match you were changing tactics and using different powers, resources and combinations of both. I liked your amalgam's use of tech, brains and powers. You were able to adapt to almost every situation in the tourny.

Scoobless - Your amalgam wasn't the most exotic or complex but you used its powers to the fullest. Blunt force is the best way to describe your character and you used clever techniques to change up your game plan as the tourny progressed.

My decision came down to this: Blair's plan was solid for a 500 ft BF but not a 10 mile and growing BF which is hovering a mile above and raining attacks from the start. The weapons Blair brought during the prep were inadequate to stop BF IMO. My vote goes to:

Scoobless

And with those three votes Scoobless is now the tourney winner. Congrats to Scoobs for his victory, and thanks to everyone who participated for making this tourney a success(sorry it took 5 months to wrap up).

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 08:50 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

{cliche smiley parade}

Woo! Congrats to all.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 01:51 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Congratulations scoob!

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 06:01 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

My congratulations to Scoobless.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 06:04 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milky Joe
King of Coconut Island

Congrats

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 08:57 AM
Milky Joe is currently offline Click here to Send Milky Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Milky Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

w00t!

big grin

Well played to all who entered .... and thank you all for not drafting more telepathic characters.

stick out tongue

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 10:43 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that it was Digi who actually named Bigfoot ... none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded. I didn't actually like the name "Bigfoot" either to begin with, although it did eventually start to grow on me (no pun intended)

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Scoobless
Oh, and I suppose I should mention that it was Digi who actually named Bigfoot ... none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded. I didn't actually like the name "Bigfoot" either to begin with, although it did eventually start to grow on me (no pun intended)

smile
After reading that last sentence, can I change my vote? sick

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:34 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

smile
no expression

I take my vote back.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

All votes are final dammit.

mad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:36 PM
Badabing
Karen

All votes are final dammit.

mad
Recount! I saw some hanging chads..... whistle

laughing out loud

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:37 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

It irks me that you both found two completely different parts of that single paragraph to complain about.

no expression

*damn literary Nazis*

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:40 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It irks me that you both found two completely different parts of that single paragraph to complain about.

no expression

*damn literary Nazis*
Pfft...

The only reason I voted for you was because of your amalgam's name.... Now I just feel betrayed. stick out tongue

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:42 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

no expression

*damn literary Nazis*
It's all about you, isn't it?

Did you ever consider the feelings of people who read that paragraph?

Edit: At least we didn't mind this part, "none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded."
stick out tongue

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:44 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Galan007
Pfft...

The only reason I voted for you was because of your amalgam's name.... Now I just feel betrayed. stick out tongue

Liar! ... It was his cool mohawk helmet and you know it!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:44 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I always have been good at tourney names. General Kinky ftw!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 04:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Congratulations at Scoob. smile

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 09:57 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Congradulations, Scoobs. Personaly I think Blair should have won, but whatever. You both would have thrashed me (And one of you did).

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 11:07 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Air Legend
Moderat0r

Originally posted by Badabing
Edit: At least we didn't mind this part, "none of the names I came up with sounded anything but retarded."

I mind it. The sentence is grammatically incorrect. no expression

Old Post Sep 15th, 2007 02:44 AM
Air Legend is currently offline Click here to Send Air Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Air Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote