KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Peter Petrelli

Peter Petrelli
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Warning Peter Petrelli

Now that we have our own Heroes Sub-Forum, I just wanted to open a thread devoted to my absolute favorite character and thing about the show.
Peter Petrelli!

This way we can discuss his past, present and future. Talk about his character development last year. (Which was awesome and couldn't have been better IMO!) The questions leering about what happened when Nathan flew him into the sky, and whats happened to him in the 4 months past since then.

Also assuming he survives the long hall where will this character go. I mean I agree that even thou I'd love to see him gain every power on the show and become the ultimate hero, it would quickly destroy his character interest and make decent stories about him almost impossible to write.

So how can they keep him interesting in the show and the way he is without altering his power set or status quo in the show?

All I know is as long as Peter's still in the show I'll still be watching it. You all have no idea how glad I was to see him in that short clip of season 2. Even if it was only for a second.

Now just getting past the first couple of episodes to make sure he isn't one of the first to go this season. confused

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 09:31 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually liked Nathan more, strangely enough.

Peter's really cool too, though.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:03 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, well, Peter can use every power in existance. Can Nathan do that? No. He has the power to be a President and fly and stuff...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:34 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, well, Peter can use every power in existance. Can Nathan do that? No. He has the power to be a President and fly and stuff...
As much as I agree that Peter's power is the coolest of all and the ultimate one, that's not really the main reason I like him.

Hell I've liked Peter since I just thought he could could fly, or when I thought he could only mimic those around him or hell even when I had no idea what his power was. And saying I liked him when I thought he could just fly is saying something. I mean I'm sorry but flight is the about the most useless power in its self. I mean what could you really do with it? Not fall? Catch people that can fall? Yea it saved the world at the end of heroes but that was really just plot induced and telekinesis could still do that and so much more. Similar to how Clarie could have just put a bullet into Peter's brain and after he cooled off just have someone like Mohinder remove it.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I mean I like Nathan's character but his power is pretty lame and it mainly because I never got way so many people always wish for flying as a power when there's so many much cooler options.

As for why Peter's my favorite. I've connected to Peter more than anyone else on the show. I feel like him in that I've always wondered if I was meant for something more. That perhaps I have a special purpose. Also I would definitely be wanting to help people if I had the power to or at least new something that gave me a direction to really help. I just like how Peter is really wanting to help but really has no idea how. I'd say if there were real heroes in the world with powers, the best ones would probably start off allot like Peter.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2007 11:46 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

His want to reach out and help everyone was very touching, and I can honestly say that the angry Peter was highly intimidating when he went after Isaac.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 06:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

The two sides of him are equally as awesome, him and hiro are true heroes

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 07:02 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Mairuzu
The two sides of him are equally as awesome, him and hiro are true heroes
Hell yea! eek!
Agreed 100%

Thats what I think Hiro's story is really going to be about this year. Him learning to become a true Hiro. I mean what if it turned out that it was him in history all along as his own great hero? Imagine if while he's trying to teach Kensei to become the hero he knew growing up, he learns it was really him all along? So in teaching Kensei he is really teaching himself.

As for Peter this year I imagine as long as, god willing, they keep him around he's going to have an incredibly fascinating story this year as well. Probably once again the one to trump all. wink

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 08:57 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Hells yea, peter is the superman of heroes

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 10:57 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX

Peter is also a wannabe Emo. So he fails. Fact.

Nathan was much cooler and in the end it was Nathan who actually saved the world.. or at least New York.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 10:59 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

He saved the world. The world of post-bomb was an unpleasant place where people were being killed for being abnormal. This upcoming world of no-bomb should be much more pleasant...well, as far as Earth goes.

Peter had a good heart, that was his thing. Nathan was very much conflicted, whereas Peter knew what the right thing to do was.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:28 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

OK so from what I've seen on the promos for season 2, Peter seems to be being held captive by someone. What I wanna know is what would it take to even do that considering all the powers he's already replicated?

I mean he's gained Nikki's strenght, so he could just force his way outta most holds.
He's got telekinesis, that would let him pick many locks or other restrains.
He's can read minds, so as long as they speak his language anyone that comes near him could unwillingly tell him how to get out.
He can always go radioactive if he had to but, I'd imagine that'd be a last resort for him, if he'd even be willing to take that risk.
And lets not forget his teleportation abilities, but Hiro has just as hard a time controlling them as Peter does his many abilities, so I'd completely understand if he's not able to really use that ability any at this point. Not to mention he really has no way to even understand its ability for his use.

Short of drugs, and just keeping him sedated I've got nothing that I can think of to hold him. And if someone with a power is holding him, I'd suggest they stay the **** away to keep him form adding their power as well.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 12:24 AM
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Maybe we'll find out in two days?

Of course, he could just not appear in the first episode...

Nice trick.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 02:06 AM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Vera21
Maybe we'll find out in two days?

Of course, he could just not appear in the first episode...
Yea that's what I'm afraid of but really I think they'll just wait and show him waking up in the room with a light shinning on him or something in the last few minutes of the episode. erm

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 03:01 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Don't those moments just get you all riled up?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:56 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Peterites, please do not execute this poor mortal (me) for expressing his opinion... no expression

Okay, I like Peter. He's the shizzle. It's about damn time that the 'nice guy' on TV turned out to be, potentially, the most powerful instead of the plot-induced schmuck who always gets kidnapped, killed, or rejected by the girl. Giving the most power to the dude least inclined to use it. Kudos to Kring: excellent characterization.

My complaint? He's not too bright. Seriously. Sylar, Mr. Bennet, and Nathan all outclass him, intellectually. It's not just that they're smarter, but they use their head. Peter potentially outmuscles Sylar, but he always loses because Sylar outthinks him. He fights better. This is nags me deeply and I get very frustrated with Peter because of it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:05 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Gideon
Peterites, please do not execute this poor mortal (me) for expressing his opinion... no expression

Okay, I like Peter. He's the shizzle. It's about damn time that the 'nice guy' on TV turned out to be, potentially, the most powerful instead of the plot-induced schmuck who always gets kidnapped, killed, or rejected by the girl. Giving the most power to the dude least inclined to use it. Kudos to Kring: excellent characterization.

My complaint? He's not too bright. Seriously. Sylar, Mr. Bennet, and Nathan all outclass him, intellectually. It's not just that they're smarter, but they use their head. Peter potentially outmuscles Sylar, but he always loses because Sylar outthinks him. He fights better. This is nags me deeply and I get very frustrated with Peter because of it.
Just to note on the last thing about him and Sylar and I've said this before.

Your not taking into account that Sylar has always had the ability to know how things work and the way he gains abilities allows him to more fully understand what they are and how to use them. Where as Peter not only doesn't necessarily know how things work but he many times doesn't even know he has the power to start with. So he has to endure allot more training and learn more control seeing as how its been stated a few times how the multiple abilities can overwhelm him.

Also unlike Sylar, Peter has a serious hard core conscience. So he going to be allot more concerned with the use of his powers and who gets hurt. So in short I'm not saying your right or wrong about how "smart" Peter is. I'm just saying he's also got it allot harder than Sylar to deal with.

But the path of a true hero is a very hard one.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 09:35 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I'm sure in the end Peter will become the stronger fighter, but for now, Peter just went from hospice nurse to super-powered empath, whereas Nathan was a politician, Sylar was a watchmaker (and has gone insane), and Mr. Bennet is just awesome.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 11:22 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Entity
Yea that's what I'm afraid of but really I think they'll just wait and show him waking up in the room with a light shinning on him or something in the last few minutes of the episode. erm
Who called it? stick out tongue
I should've seen the amnesia thing coming thou. I like the twist. Lets him stay interesting while keeping all he's gained. wink

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 02:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

We've at least sussed that...he doesn't remember who he is and what he can do.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 05:38 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Just wanted to add this form the 4 Month's later thread.

Whats everyone think about the new theory on Peter's amneisa? I hadn't considered the Haitian idea before. Good catch, thou I'm kinda divided as to weather or not I believe it or even want to. I mean I don't think anyone he's done it to can remember what they've lost. I mean even Bennett I don't think remembers what happened really he just knows because he knew what the Haitian was capable of and he knows himself and what he would probably plan. Plus they could've all just filled him in after. So its possibly not so much he remembers what happened but just that he knows now. IMO

As for Peter even having that happen I'm torn between my thrill of the concept of having the Haitian's powers added to his list and thus virtually making him officially the ultimate hero and basically all but completely unstoppable. I mean if the Haitian can nullify powers even just somewhat adding that to Peter's abilities would really make him unstoppable once he learned how to control it. Not to mention the awesomeness of having the ability to just wipe Sylar blank next time they meet. hehe

As for the flip side of that, I'm not so sure I want him to have lost his memories that way considering that he may not be able to get them back. And as much as I've been wanting him to meet the Haitian to gain his powers, I think maybe it'd be too much to keep the character interesting. Especially considering everything he's already gained. I mean I'd love Peter to just go on a world tour with Mohinder's list and meet everyone with an ability he can use but I know that would kill the character. Where's the interest or heroism in a person with unlimited power essentially?

Also just wanted to say didn't everyone know Peter gets electricty powers form Kristen Bell's new character Elle?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 04:16 PM