KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Peter Petrelli

Peter Petrelli
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Leobama

I agree Entity.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 06:48 AM
Leobama is currently offline Click here to Send Leobama a Private Message Find more posts by Leobama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I think it really depends on who is doing the writing for the episode. Some of the episodes are turning out very well, but others... have moments that you just have to go '...wait, what?'

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 09:17 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
I think it really depends on who is doing the writing for the episode. Some of the episodes are turning out very well, but others... have moments that you just have to go '...wait, what?'
IMO except for the first episode this year, which I thought was awesome, its been the same episodes with both the best and worst parts of the season.

They do incredibly awesome things with SOOOOOO much potential and then its just like WTF!?! and they've either completely screwed what they just did up or something else that made sense is now retarded.

Oh and Mohinder just needs to die now. Sorry but I really liked him in season one. Even thou I thought he was about the dumbest smart guy on the planet. Then he got really cool in the beginning of season 2 , only to become even dumber going back to most retarded smart guy on the planet.

All that got very annoying and now its just so horrible and annoying and making no sense in characterization I just what him dead! mad

And the last think I'm curious about. Why is it now when they talk about this new, Tracy, Nikki, Barbra connect, everyone seems to have completely forgotten Jessica? She was Nikki's identical twin sister to my understanding. Can't tell me that these other 3 just happened to look exactly alike and have abilities because of some experiment and the 4th identical one was never a part of it. She was just a coincidence and they don't even know about her looking just like them and dying?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2008 01:20 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Mohinder storyline is making sense to me. He has been doing all this research and he finally hit on something that completes his father's research. The next step was to join in on the fun that all the other powered folks were having (fun being relative). Mohinder was always on the outside looking in. But now he horribly ****ed up because it wasn't right. But it is taking too long, I think. I'm glad they've stepped it up with Mohinder vs. Tracy/Nathan, at this point.

Jessica was never identical; she was Niki's older sister who protected her from Mr. Sanders' beatings. It was her personality that took over with Niki, not her appearance. Pictures from the show have Niki and Jessica looking different, and Niki's and Jessica's birthyears are different (Niki's given in the new season, Jessica given on her gravestone in Season 1). I did look into it; other people were having that problem as well.

Jessica isn't relevant any more because Niki is dead and Tracy doesn't know about Jessica or any of that.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 06:52 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Peter....oh what have they done......to me this is what happens when you make a character too powerfull...and to top it off...they start writing like 10 year olds.....the whole premise of peter and his current situation does not sit well for me....nor does his motivations.....i dont see much of the characters that meant so much to me in the first season...and i dont think i ever will......why show such promise and then just keep tossing everything out the window every oppourtunity they get?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 12:24 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Actually, while I hate what they did to Peter last night, I thought last nights show was great again. I love the potential this gives his character to really shine. Can't wait to see how they have him come back from this and hopefully be the one to defeat his father.

At least something likes that better happen. Heroes finally has a real chance to redeem itself now. If they screw this up I really think its their last chance to make things right this season they've screwed up so much.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 02:24 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I think this was the best way to stop the ever growing threat of Peter being the most powerful... without resorting to kill the character

... hopefully it works out for the best...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 04:39 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

i am sad

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 06:24 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

So, how many people think Peter is about to get a seriously gash across his face?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2008 11:52 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Honestly, I don't understand people and their love of Peter. The cold truth to the matter is that, despite his phenomenal power and great intentions, he's most prodigious attribute is how naive, foolish, and outright stupid he is. He's a blunt instrument and should never be allowed to think, intellectually outclassed by the likes of Adam, Linderman, Noah, his mother, Sylar, et cetera.

Rather like Mohinder. Peter reminds me of the old adage "nice guys finish last." In fact, he redefines the term. He's the explanation why!

"Nice guys finish last because they're stupid."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 12:31 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Well I guess thats allot of why I like him so much. Its not so much his power, thou that is an incredibly awesome bonus, but rather how much he reminds me of myself. Both past, present and future.

See like Peter I use to be this incredibly nice guy. But as you've pointed out nice guys really do finish last! And as we grow and move on in life we change. We find ourselves becoming harder and more bitter and we lose our innocents along the way. Not necessarily becoming "villains" pre say but just far less nice and naive. We lose that innocents.

That's allot of what I liked about Claude. He was trying to really show Peter how the worlds not the way we like to lie to ourselves and pretend it is but rather that deep down everyone sucks!

With Peter I see in the show what I would be myself. I don't think I'd be as naive and gullible with the use of my power but I've progressed farther along the road of realisation too I think. People I know that have known me for some time always talk about how much I've changed and how negative and pessimistic I've become but the reality is I've just come to quit the bullshit and see the truth. Much as I believe is what happens to Peter throughout the series.

I think much the same thing is going on with Hiro as well but regardless of their powers I'm sure he and Peter will be my favorites with Peter always just edging out the top spot. Also Matt comes in a distant third.

Noah's a badass that I love as well but its a whole other kind of love for his character.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 01:55 AM
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Entity
Both past, present and future.

laughing

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 03:29 AM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Something else that puzzles me. When Aurthur stole all Peter's abilities shouldn't he have kind of blown up and had like insane problems trying to learn how to control all these like 20 something new abilities at once? confused

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 01:24 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

He's just.... pure..

like goku!

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 06:00 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Perhaps Arthur has greater control over and experience with his power that such a thing would not be so terribly unbalancing for him. When Peter went nuclear, he had only just learned about his ability and was having trouble controlling it, as evidenced by his unwell status in Fallout and by his eventual explosion in How to Stop an Exploding Man. Arthur has probably worked with it much longer than Peter has.

And we don't really know the exact number of powers that Peter has, either. But it is still at a dozen or more, so your question makes sense.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2008 08:26 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Mairuzu
He's just.... pure..

like goku!

Oh, dear god... what's next: Naruto?...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 02:54 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Something I've observed in Peter's character. Peter is no longer the soft-spoken and empathetic person he used to be. Milo is playing the character more and more like Future Peter, with the gruff and moody tones to his speech and much frowning.

It reminds me of Keanu Reeves, but with more facial expression.

He actually seemed to cut down on it more when his powers were taken away and he was cast out that window by Sylar. His conversation with Nathan afterwards was more the Peter I liked in Season One.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 11:19 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Anybody else think this season, or at least volume, is going to end with Peter getting the formula and having it restore his original ability and then a round 2 with daddy, rebooting all his other gained abilities plus some?

All he'd have to do is go see his father again and this time he'd know what to expect and Authur might not find Peter falling as easily as so many others he's faced.

I can't wait for Peter to get his powers back but I'm loving him without them as well. They might actually try and give him some serious scenes now that they don't have to actually work to make him writable in the series without major CIS or PIS

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Oct 28th, 2008 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:24 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I'd like to see it go down

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 05:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I agree, Peter seems to have cooled off now that he is powerless. He was starting to get a little crazy and not at all like the Peter we saw in Season One.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:07 PM