KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Peter Petrelli

Peter Petrelli
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
Well I was thinking of Isaac's, since I don't recall if Isaac actually used his ability while Peter was there before he showed up and ended up using it himself but Ted is a much better example.

Although I think Ted was always giving off some radiation form what they were saying. Even when he wasn't thinking about it. Right? confused

that's what I thought about Ted... but now that you mention Isaac

Originally posted by Tattoo
Wait, wait wait...

How would it be any different if he gained their powers by being around them? Their power is still there whether they use it or not. Why would he have to see their power in order to obtain it? That really makes no sense.

what I thought was that the powers needed to be active in order to obtain them, like for instance: Claire's regeneration, that's a latent power and it's active whether she wishes it or not, it' not something she can just turn on and off when she pleases.
What I thought about Ted it's he absorbed it because radiation will always stay on him, he just has the ability to amplify said radiation to heat things or to blow up... or use an EMP like he did at Primatech.

I think it makes sense he sees the power being used or being around the person who uses it, even though he's not seeing it, when talking about powers activated at will. In order for him to use them (when he was learning to use them) he needed to remember how he felt when he was around that person in order to activate said power.

the same happens with Sylar, Peter gained his telekinesis because Sylar used it against him, but what about enhanced hearing, froze thing melt things?. I know there was no time for him to even realize he may have those powers, and lot could have happened in 4 months... but if I remember correctly, he never felt once like Sylar did when he gained the enhanced hearing, not even like the woman from whom Sylar took it... and yet he had so much problems controlling Ted's

btw: i was under the impression Peter used Matt's ability when he knew Sylar was around him, not the hearing erm

but i did forget about Isaac's, he never saw it and Isaac wasnt around Peter when he used it, so he just absorbs it.... I was wrong then

So... he should have Molly's and Micah's abilities as well?

I still don't like the idea... he's way to powerful, and now that he uses the abilities instinctively, without to much trouble, he can become too much powerful no expression

there needs to be a stop to it... some kind of limit

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 04:34 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Well I was thinking of Isaac's, since I don't recall if Isaac actually used his ability while Peter was there before he showed up and ended up using it himself but Ted is a much better example.

Although I think Ted was always giving off some radiation form what they were saying. Even when he wasn't thinking about it. Right? confused
Yes, but Peter didn't know that.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:24 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Strangelove
Yes, but Peter didn't know that.
Peter didn't know what? About Ted's radiation?

Because I don't see how Peter's knowing about it makes any difference. Peter hasn't know about almost any of the powers before he gained them.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:03 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Peter's power (mimicry) seems to have a lot of different things to it. First he started triggering powers by thinking of people that used them, but now he's doing it more instinctually, seemingly out of necessity.

Not sure what to think about Peter's powers that he's absorbed that 'always work,' in regards to him possibly obtaining eidetic memory and enhanced hearing. Obviously regeneration works always for him (you can't think when you're technically dead), but we have yet to see Peter putting off radiation like Ted did.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:48 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

So if Peter gained DL's abilities do yall think he's gained Molly's and Micas too?

He gained without seeing her use her powers so I think he did

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 11:33 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

Originally posted by Captain REX
Peter's power (mimicry) seems to have a lot of different things to it. First he started triggering powers by thinking of people that used them, but now he's doing it more instinctually, seemingly out of necessity.

Not sure what to think about Peter's powers that he's absorbed that 'always work,' in regards to him possibly obtaining eidetic memory and enhanced hearing. Obviously regeneration works always for him (you can't think when you're technically dead), but we have yet to see Peter putting off radiation like Ted did.

his power basically makes him god. he has everyone elses powers, and once he learns how to use them he basically can control them as well as sylar. he gets them a less harmul way though.

i found it funny in lizards*SPOILERS* how he didnt just tele kinesis the box away

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:02 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Peter probably has Micah's and Molly's powers as well. Since he used DL's ability, Heroes Wiki has put a list of his copied powers and the powers he's been exposed to but not used.

I think unless he pulls things off instinctually (electromagnetism, phasing), he needs to see or know that someone has it. Why would you instinctually know to hack a computer with your mind or look for someone miles away in your head?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:59 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

well that makes sense, but he seemed to know how to use telekinesis. why would any of them know how to use their abilities? they just can, its a given

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 03:01 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Its weird, i mean.. its possible that he can have a power and not know about it till it happens... like.. he obviously didnt know about the lightning and he used it... the healing happens automatically, and some powers get used to ensure his own survival..

So lets say he walks by some guy with a power on the street.. how does he use it? or find out? i guess it depends on the power..

and how does peter have molly's power? I don't seem to remember him meeting her...

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 05:02 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Its weird, i mean.. its possible that he can have a power and not know about it till it happens... like.. he obviously didnt know about the lightning and he used it... the healing happens automatically, and some powers get used to ensure his own survival..

So lets say he walks by some guy with a power on the street.. how does he use it? or find out? i guess it depends on the power..

and how does peter have molly's power? I don't seem to remember him meeting her...
Molly and Micah were both in the square thingy when Peter fought Sylar in How to Stop an Exploding Man. And that would have been the only contact Peter would have with DL (is DL actually alive, having been shot????) too.

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 08:02 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Who said Peter has Molly's power?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 08:03 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by AstroFan
Who said Peter has Molly's power?

no one, we are just assuming, since he had DL's powers, and, as far as we all know, he was around DL only once when fighting Sylar... as were both Molly and Micah

... I still think he met DL later on, in those 4 months gone, or maybe he and Elle (new character [SPOILER - highlight to read]: from whom Peter gained his electromagnetic powers ) have something to do with DL absence from the show

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 08:51 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
He gained without seeing her use her powers so I think he did

What i meant to say was he gained Nikki's powers without seeing her use them. But I don't think he can gain just by around people. For instance, I don't think he gained the Haitian's powers at the police station even though they were just a few feet apart. He also hasn't absorbed Hiro's or Linderman's (if he's ever even met him in person) powers or he has not use them yet, has he?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:32 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
What i meant to say was he gained Nikki's powers without seeing her use them. But I don't think he can gain just by around people. For instance, I don't think he gained the Haitian's powers at the police station even though they were just a few feet apart. He also hasn't absorbed Hiro's or Linderman's (if he's ever even met him in person) powers or he has not use them yet, has he?

Lol, he met future hiro... he has hiros powers...

he never met linderman..

and the Haitian was 2 feet away from him? i remember they were both in the police station but i thought they were in like different rooms

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:47 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Maybe he cant get the Haitian's power since he cancels people's powers, such as Peter's absorbing ability.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:50 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Originally posted by Mairuzu

he never met linderman..

and the Haitian was 2 feet away from him? i remember they were both in the police station but i thought they were in like different rooms

By few I mean few compared to how far he was away from Molly and Micah in the last episode. He and the Haitian might have been about 15 ft from each other, I don't know for sure, but they were pretty close

Maybe he cant get the Haitian's power since he cancels people's powers, such as Peter's absorbing ability.

I wouldn't say it totally negates other people's powers, because Parkman was able to read his mind when he worked with that FBI chick

quote:

I don't remember Peter teleporting or stopping time or going back to the past except in a dream

Last edited by Blue_Hefner on Oct 4th, 2007 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 11:27 PM
Blue_Hefner

delete please

Last edited by Blue_Hefner on Oct 4th, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 11:29 PM
LanceWindu

My thoughts exactly.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 11:58 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Agreed. I don't think Peter has absorbed the Haitian's power, despite his close proximity.

Peter stops time when Mr. Bennet shoots at him with the taser. That wasn't telekinesis; the darts slow down and then stop. When Sylar stops something with telekinesis, it stops (ie. bullets)

On the matter of Peter absorbing powers and not knowing he has them, I think certain powers will arise instinctually. For example, once he realizes that he has powers at all, he pulls out enhanced strength, electromagnetism, and telekinesis just like that. Phasing kicks in when he really needs it to.

However, I don't think clairvoyance or technopathy would rise instinctually.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 05:34 AM
The Big O
The Original O

Who had clairvoyance?

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 06:58 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote