KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Peter Petrelli

Peter Petrelli
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Indeed. Did you watch "Six Months Ago," Forever*Alone? Gabriel Gray did not start off with telekinesis; he killed the original owner of that power with a blunt object in orer to make himself more "special."

It was a good theory, though, SDJ. The only power that Sylar has used relatively near to Peter is enhanced hearing, but he was on the other side of Kirby Plaza. Telekinesis has always been shown in front of Peter and against Peter, as opposed to cryokinesis, etc. (excluding DF Peter & DF Sylar).

Still, Peter can use more than one at once, as has been shown.

he can?

when did that happened? I dont remember... confused

in that case... why didnt he fly away himself when he was about to explode... he wasnt completely out when it was going to happen... as opposed to Ted in "company man" who was clearly out of control

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 8th, 2007 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:13 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I'm pretty sure he didn't fly cause his power from ted was unstable.. it probably would have set it off right away if he tried

thats just my guess

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:22 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

Yeah he can use more than one power at once. In the DF episode, he was seen using invisibility and TK.

If that was only because he learned how to do that in the course of five years, I don't know. But he still did it.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:31 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Peter didn't fly when he was about to go nuclear because he was concentrating on trying not to go Boom.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 10:28 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Tattoo
Peter didn't fly when he was about to go nuclear because he was concentrating on trying not to go Boom.

Egg-zack-lee

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 10:56 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Flogging a dead horse, here, people. Ken and I both stated that Peter didn't fly off on his own because he'd explode without the concentration on his radioactive powers when people asked around the time of the finale. stick out tongue

But yes. Also, the freak-out when Peter realized how his powers worked. He was flooded with every power he had absorbed up to the point of meeting Claude (or so it seemed?).

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 11:35 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Captain REX
Flogging a dead horse, here, people. Ken and I both stated that Peter didn't fly off on his own because he'd explode without the concentration on his radioactive powers when people asked around the time of the finale. stick out tongue

But yes. Also, the freak-out when Peter realized how his powers worked. He was flooded with every power he had absorbed up to the point of meeting Claude (or so it seemed?).

I wasnt around at the time

so... other than in 5 years gone (whch I still dont remember when , sorry for that) has there been any other moment in which Peter has used more than one power?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 12:46 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Its possible but I'm not exactly sure... but when he was in Isaac's loft he was invisible and possibly using telekinesis? Just a guess

other then that... i cant seem to remember... but i don't why he couldn't

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 01:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

As I said, there was a moment when Peter realized how his powers worked and he flipped out as several powers loaded into his brain at once.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

yes but can he conscously use 2 powers and stay in control at the same now?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:35 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Just this episode, he regenerated two gun shot wounds while using telekinesis.

Sylar can also use two powers at once- in The Hard Part he uses cryokinesis to freeze water, then telekinesis to swirl it around the room like a snow globe.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:07 AM
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

gaaaaah!!! why doesnt he open the box?!!!!!! ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

does this work?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 10:13 PM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

He wants to be irish duh

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 10:17 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Entity
Yea it totally blows that they killed him off. I gotta say that was one I never saw coming. Well never would've expected it anyway. He's such an awesome actor too. I remember when they finally showed who he was I was like HELLSYEA!

But yea I hate that they killed him off so soon. I think he would've really added to the show the longer that he stayed around.

Plus of course I'd liked for Peter to have met him. big grin
Originally posted by Mairuzu
haha, as long as peter meets him, he can die after for all i care...

i only want some of the people to stay on so they can meet peter

otherwise its a waste of a power if they die haha

I am on the side of the fence that doesn't want Peter to meet everyone with abilities. It gets pretty damn pointless when the hero of the story has so many powers he's almost invincible. That's the same reason why I despise Superman, it's an ability overload.

I'd like for his power to have a time limit on absorption, like if he hasn't been near that person for so long his ability to use their power diminishes until it's as if he doesn't have that power any more. It can be his Achilles Heel.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 04:56 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I agree.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 05:14 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, that would be cruel...

Peter: Ah! I'm going to be shot! Whatever, I'll just stop the bullets with telekinesis...wait, not working...I haven't seen Sylar in a few years...OW ****. Hey, that actually hurt...I feel kinda woozy...why am I not regerating? *collapse*

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 06:24 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

No! cannot do that to peter... haha

we need someone to be equal to sylar

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 07:15 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Mairuzu
No! cannot do that to peter... haha

we need someone to be equal to sylar

No, you don't!

You just need all the Heroes to work together to defeat the common enemy, or a single person can defeat the more powerful foe...have you never heard of David and Goliath?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 07:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed. Niki showed Sylar a good time, she didn't need to have telekinesis, she just needed a few good hits. And Hiro didn't stop time to "kill" Sylar.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 07:40 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I agree with hiro being able to defeat sylar now

but as for niki head on... kinda iffy, cause he did this when sylar was facing towards peter

but i love whole peter vs sylar... its just epic

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 08:58 PM