KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » The Theory Thread

The Theory Thread
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it sure is interesting how Peter's memories start coming back as soon as the necklace was taken off. I'm guessing the necklace had in part an essence of the Haitian's memory based ability, probably due to the constant exposure it had had to the Haitian, and it was that which was preventing Peter from regaining his memories. Now, he'll most likely gain them bit by bit.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:33 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nmensfinest
Well it sure is interesting how Peter's memories start coming back as soon as the necklace was taken off. I'm guessing the necklace had in part an essence of the Haitian's memory based ability, probably due to the constant exposure it had had to the Haitian, and it was that which was preventing Peter from regaining his memories. Now, he'll most likely gain them bit by bit.
I very much doubt that the Hatian's ability is tied in any way to an object; no one else's is.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:36 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's a first time for everything. Given the possible meaning of the symbol seen on the necklace (give power) it would certainly be fitting that it somehow absorbed a part of the Haitian's powers due to the constant exposure to him. Not saying that I'm definitely right, but I'm thinking that the necklace has greater significance.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 05:44 PM
nmensfinest is currently offline Click here to Send nmensfinest a Private Message Find more posts by nmensfinest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by nmensfinest
There's a first time for everything. Given the possible meaning of the symbol seen on the necklace (give power) it would certainly be fitting that it somehow absorbed a part of the Haitian's powers due to the constant exposure to him. Not saying that I'm definitely right, but I'm thinking that the necklace has greater significance.
The necklace only has as much significance as the symbol itself (given that it actually has a lot of it). But I won't believe that his ability has anything to do with that necklace. How could he have taken Ivan's memories without it if you're right?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:01 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmensfinest
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're not understanding my argument. The Haitian would have to be dependant on the necklace for his ability to not work without it. I never once stated or implied that he was dependant on it. I'm just saying that there's likely an unknown link, and my theory essentially is the link itself. It's certainly possible that the necklace absorbed some of the Haitian's abilities, and the fact that Peter appears to be regaining his memories bit by bit after, and only after having the necklace removed would support that. As for the significance, I believe it to be greater given the fact that Peter's constantly shown to be wearing it in virtually every single scene he appears in, up until yesterday's episode. If the only significance was that of the symbol (or even just to link the Haitian with Peter), then there really wouldn't be a real reason to have him constantly wear it afterward the very first time we see it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:28 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Meh, I don't buy it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 06:41 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I think its interesting how his memories only started to return around Angela.
Maybe her power is the oppisite of the Haitian's?

Would also show a reason for the connection that had him working for her.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 11:25 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

okay... this theory was correct

quote:
... And does this mean Kensei is Adam Monroe? I definitely enjoyed this episode, especially the twist in Hiro's story -- we finally have some momentum there, and Kensei will likely go after Hiro in the present. My guess is Kensei has been looking for Hiro all this time, offed his father, and is really a member of the original 12.

and I'm beginning to think this one is also correct

quote:
My theory is that Kensei is Elle's daddy. I know he's 400 years old and stuff but this is Heroes...Anyway, it would explain her call to Daddy and also the fact that Kristin keeps alluding to the fact that Kensei and Peter somehow know each other.

or she's Bob daughter, which wouldn't be much of a " eek! " moment

... and both Kensei... I mean Adam, and a Claire have the same power, that's one conection Elle has with Claire...

which makes me wonder, if they had Adam locked up, why they don't have a sample of his blood?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Nov 7th, 2007 at 02:01 AM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 01:48 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Entity
I think its interesting how his memories only started to return around Angela.
Maybe her power is the oppisite of the Haitian's?

Would also show a reason for the connection that had him working for her.
That would be particularly interesting.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 04:50 AM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Would the Haitains power work on Claire? Hes technically performing physical damage to the mind. Wouldn't her brain heal itself after he removes her memories, perhaps even restore them.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 05:13 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prime#

On a different note, this is how I predict the season is gonna end.

After a big showdown, Kensei is defeated, but manages to get away, while severly weakened and limping down a New York street(his powers haven't taken effect yet because his injuries are so severe) Then suddenly, Sylar(still powerless) ambushes him, and manages to take his power, thus regaining his.

Season End

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 05:26 AM
Prime# is currently offline Click here to Send Prime# a Private Message Find more posts by Prime# Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I guess..

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 06:24 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by superkronick92
On a different note, this is how I predict the season is gonna end.

After a big showdown, Kensei is defeated, but manages to get away, while severly weakened and limping down a New York street(his powers haven't taken effect yet because his injuries are so severe) Then suddenly, Sylar(still powerless) ambushes him, and manages to take his power, thus regaining his.

Season End
That is stupid.

If Sylar is still powerless by the end of the season, then the virus will kill him.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 05:30 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I wonder what will happen to nikki

TGFwashere

Old Post Nov 7th, 2007 08:27 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I wonder what will happen to nikki
God willing she's one of the main 3 that die!

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 12:15 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I hope not. I like her character and I think that she will eventually be given better roles than just the tortured brute.

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 04:11 AM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

well, it's very likely she will get axed since she won't be coming back for the rest of the season... or so I heard

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Nov 8th, 2007 04:26 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I theorize that Angela has the power of hypnosis.

I'm fairly sure it is.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 07:29 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Forgot to post this:

Behind the Eclipse: Season 2, Week 6

There likely will not be anymore of these chats, due to the writer's strike.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2007 07:33 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Strangelove
I theorize that Angela has the power of hypnosis.

I'm fairly sure it is.
What are your reasons?

I guess how she could "scream" at Matt Parkman when he was in her head. Also when she touched and looked at Heidi Petrelli in this weird way, when telling her about the "secret". What other hints would you say?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2007 02:51 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote