KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » The Theory Thread

The Theory Thread
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
I dealt with it, Strangelove.
Yes, I know. You dealt with it before I even saw it, though. Since it was a comment directed toward me, I felt I had a right to put in my two cents.

But I'm probably wrong.

Last edited by Strangelove on Sep 26th, 2007 at 06:00 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 05:57 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I would be rather pissed.

Ken, your theory regarding the Haitian is supported by Tim Absath of Ctrl+Alt+Del fame. He thinks that perhaps Angela Petrelli, since the Haitian showed an allegiance there, ordered the Haitian to wipe Peter clean.

Now, any theories on Nathan? How did he get away from the explosion?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 04:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think he got away from it.

In the image above I think that's how he may actually look and somehow he's got an illusion up covering his burns.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 04:12 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by InnerRise
I don't think he got away from it.

In the image above I think that's how he may actually look and somehow he's got an illusion up covering his burns.

I think it's more likely that this self-image that he has is a manifestation of his guilt for losing Peter. It's not real.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 05:15 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I would be rather pissed.

Ken, your theory regarding the Haitian is supported by Tim Absath of Ctrl+Alt+Del fame. He thinks that perhaps Angela Petrelli, since the Haitian showed an allegiance there, ordered the Haitian to wipe Peter clean.

Now, any theories on Nathan? How did he get away from the explosion?

(please log in to view the image)
That exactly what I was thinking last night at work. That Angela had the Haitian erase Peter's memories because, 1, he was becoming to powerful and needs to be contained by some means. 2, She'd rather it be by them erasing his memories and having people thinking he's dead than the company or another power player terminating him. And 3, she probably doesn't want him to know she was willing to let him kill millions of people.

I'm betting Elle works for her too. wink

As for Nathan, again, he chickened out at the last minute and threw Peter and flew the other direction. Thing is thou, that's really not that bad an idea for him. I mean I don't hate Nathan but as many of you already know I'm not really a fan of his and don't like him much but, I can actually totally accept him doing that thinking Peter was far enough away to harm anyone as still almost as noble an act. I mean Peter can heal and if he rest of the world is safe why continue to risk yourself if there's really no need for it. I like seeing Nathan have to finally come face to face with his own demons seriously. I think by the end of this season we could actually have a worthy hero out of him. smile

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 03:12 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

He could always turn evil though.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 06:31 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

New theory my brother came up with:

He thinks that with the revelation of Kensei's power, he might actually be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: an ancestor to Claire and her birth mom. I mean, they are all blond which helps this theory.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 05:38 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Tattoo
New theory my brother came up with:

He thinks that with the revelation of Kensei's power, he might actually be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: an ancestor to Claire and her birth mom. I mean, they are all blond which helps this theory.
Yeah, I thought of that almost immediately.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 05:46 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I was only slightly disappointed by Kensei's ability, but it's fitting for a warrior.

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it could possibly fit with the story of Kensei cutting out his own heart to save his princess, as told in Season One. As Claire theorized, it may be possible to regenerate whole organs that have been removed, so why not cut out your own heart then grow a new one?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 08:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I was only slightly disappointed by Kensei's ability, but it's fitting for a warrior.

Also, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: it could possibly fit with the story of Kensei cutting out his own heart to save his princess, as told in Season One. As Claire theorized, it may be possible to regenerate whole organs that have been removed, so why not cut out your own heart then grow a new one?
eek! Well reasoned

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 05:57 PM
S_D_J
Bane

dunno about that, though...
Originally posted by Strangelove
eek! Well reasoned

I'm really confused to whether believe if such thing is possible or not.
I mean, sure she/he can cut out their arms and it'll grow back, but internal organs.... dunno

I mean, if it were possible, then Sylar taking Claire's brain wouldn't kill her, and it looks that she will die if Sylar it's to take her power....
maybe she doesn't die, her brain grows back and she's too ashamed to show up again.... or maybe her brain it's the only thing that can't regenerate

btw: i dont think spoilertags are needed when discussing this matter...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:54 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

If it can be done with external limbs, then it can be done with internal organs.

The skin is an organ, after all.

But you're right about the brain. Because the ability is housed in the brain, taking the brain seals the deal.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:23 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Not to change the subject, cause I'll get back to it but about this Wes thing.

Yea I wanna like this kid but he just ain't Zach and I just get this bad vibe off him.
I've seen to many guys like him in other shows and movies and it almost always ends bad ya know.

I want Zach back in the picture some how.
I mean I know he's playing John in the Sarah Conner Chronicles now but I don't care I want him back in Claire's life somehow. Errr,....
Maybe they will run into each other again and hookup somewhere down the road. After the company isn't quite as much a thread to them.

Anyway does anyone else besides me like the idea of them repeating abilities?
I mean think about it. If this were the real world, like its suppose to be set in, and these were genetically gained abilities then they'd almost definitely be repeated by several people. I was actually really glad both when I heard about Wes being able to fly and seeing Kensei heal. I just pray the don't repeat Peter's power.

I mean he's the ultimate evolution and I would like to think his ability should be another step of this evolution altogether. He's just the first to exhibit it. No one else should have his ability for a few generations or at least a few seasons. wink

Also lastly I was at work last night and something hit me very hard I don't know why I hadn't thought of before.

They're going to make Peter the bomb again!

I don't literally mean the same ending as last season but what if he met Maya when Alejandro wasn't around he could contract her ability and if Alejandro were to die or something just imagine, then without Alejandro's ability to contain it Peter's healing factor should keep him alive I'd think but who knows how many people could die. Probably even more than the bomb.

On my last note, about the killer attacking the old heroes.

I know I'm probably wrong but only 2 people have came to my mind when trying to think of who they may be.

1. Obviously Nathan since they even set it up with the, "Unless the killer could fly away" remark. It would make since thou. I mean he seems pretty tore up over what happened to Peter not to mention the recent loss of his father still lingering close to heart. And they seem like the once to take it out on. I mean I know Hiro's dad didn't seem to be part of it but between what we still don't know, what else he could've been involved in and what Nathan doesn't know it could still make since.

2. I know your gonna laugh but Charles Deveaux.
I mean I know he didn't seem the type at all but many of the heroes characters haven't seem the type they eventually show to be. Who else could attack Angela like that? And Kaito did say "Of all them I would've least suspected you." And perhaps he could also be angered about Simone's death. And yes I realise he's dead but if he can contact Peter in the weird way he did who knows what else he could do.

Like I said I know I'm probably wrong and it will probably end up being a new character but that's my personal theories anyway.

Sorry for the long post but I am about to go to sleep and I wanted to get all my thoughts out before I did.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 01:53 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

a) it's WEST, not Wes.

b) I have no problem with repeating powers, at least not anymore.

c) They're not going to make Peter the bomb again, that would be the absolute worst thing the producers could do.

d) I don't think the killer is Peter, because there are many powers that could explain how the killer lived through the fall. Plus, Nathan couldn't have attacked Angela like she was.

e) And the killer had too small a frame to be Charles.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 08:22 PM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

d) I don't think the killer is Peter, because there are many powers that could explain how the killer lived through the fall. Plus, Nathan couldn't have attacked Angela like she was.
There is no freaking way Peter's the killer!
If they somehow pulled that one outta their @$$ I'd be pissed beyond belief.

I was thinking Nathan was there when it happened to Angela, maybe something happened in the last 4 months that gives him someone to help him do that or something.

Yea I donno!

e) And the killer had too small a frame to be Charles.
Well Charles is also kinda dead so its not exactly like he would be doing this in the traditional fashion. I was thinking his power might allow him to project things or something. erm

Oh well their just my random theories form a slow night on 3rd shift. embarrasment

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 09:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Nathan has some poor qualities, but I don't think he's a murderer. Not after his decision in last season's finale. He walks the gray from time to time, but he's essentially good.

Peter killing someone intentionally? That's funny... stick out tongue

In regards to Kensei or Claire regrowing organs, I don't see why they couldn't. Claire grew back skin, muscle tissue, and bone all in one go without problem. I know Peter's been impaled through the chest when he ate shit on that taxi, and most of Claire's tests would likely rupture internal organs.

As for repeating powers, I'm perfectly fine with it. It's genetics.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:56 PM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

repeatin powers is okay. but i dont understand why they couldnt have just knocked peter un conscious and used molly to locate the invis man. that way peter would just learn to control the power. whats to say he wont just go booom again?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:06 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

It would be cool to see Peter use Molly's power to find Claude.
Claude would be like hoe the hell did you find me? Peter would just be like I can find you where ever you go now. I can find anyone.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:30 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I wonder if Molly's power can still locate Claude. Molly seems to have to actually see the person, from what we saw briefly in the last season. He'd be rather invisible.

I don't think knocking him unconscious would have done much, really. With how his power was building, they needed him to get the hell out of there or die; if you failed to knock him unconscious on the first blow, he would blow.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 01:55 AM
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I wonder if Molly's power can still locate Claude. Molly seems to have to actually see the person, from what we saw briefly in the last season. He'd be rather invisible.

I don't think knocking him unconscious would have done much, really. With how his power was building, they needed him to get the hell out of there or die; if you failed to knock him unconscious on the first blow, he would blow.
Well not sure if thats the case of how Molly's power work but even if it were, Peter can see Claude. So I would think it should still work for him.

Thats why I said Claire should've just put a bullet in his head. I mean I can't see why he wouldn't have lived after Mohinder or someone pulled it out. And even if he didn't, sorry but it would be for the greater good. IMO

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 02:04 AM