KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S01E23 - How to Stop an Exploding Man

S01E23 - How to Stop an Exploding Man
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

S01E23 - How to Stop an Exploding Man

Here's where we discuss the Season 1 finale of Heroes. I personally thought that it was a very powerful finale, perfect for the spirit of the show.

I know that some people didn't like the finale because the fight scene wasn't "epic" enough (I'm looking at you, Ken), but I think that these expectations were unrealistic. Yes, Heroes is a show in the style of a comic book, but the stories are far more human. Indeed, the way the finale ended, with all of the major players coming together, I thought that epitomized the show, the humanity and compassion that is a central theme.

But enough jabbering from me. Discuss!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:25 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
I know that some people didn't like the finale because the fight scene wasn't "epic" enough (I'm looking at you, Ken)

Hey hey hey! I didn't say I disliked the finale. stick out tongue I just thought the battle could have been a bit better. It was fine as is, but we had seen better action sequences in the middle of the season. For a season finale it should be the better of them all.

That said, I loved the episode. Having everyone finally together. That's something I had been waiting for since near the beginning of the series. This leaves season 2 to have new character interactions which opens the show up to endless possibilities.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:50 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I liked it but it wasn't what I was expecting

Old Post Sep 8th, 2007 12:33 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I was a fan of the finale. I thought it went down well, though of course it's not what we expected.

I felt it proved a lot of things for characters. Sylar proved he's a scary bastard once and for all, Peter proved that he was the bomb, Nathan proved that he wasn't a bad guy, Niki proved that she wasn't pointless, Hiro proved that he could kill someone for the good of humanity, etc.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:39 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I thought the episode on the whole was very good, but after a year of a shocking moments, the ending just seemed kinda "bleh". lol

One thing is the way Hiro stabbed Sylar, Sylar could could stop Parkmen's bullets when he wasnt expecting them, but he just stood there as Hiro ran at him roll eyes (sarcastic)

And a more personal gripe, I wish somewhere in the episode that Niki would of died. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 01:23 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I dislike all the Niki-hate. She has feelings too, you know.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 04:17 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Strangelove
I dislike all the Niki-hate. She has feelings too, you know.

Don't care about them. Kill Niki!

Anita waka wakarimjob kay....

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 04:23 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Anytime she comes on its all like all the energy is sucked from the show. I swear I FF'd 95% of her scenes on the DVD.

Until the last episode she(and her crazy family) really had no connection to everyone else. Her son turned out to be far more important to the main story then she did.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 04:40 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Micah's power was one I would totally want...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 06:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

So I finally finished season one, and I must say I have to be among the people who were a bit disappointed. Mostly because the final fight wasn't "epic" enough (as Strangelove said), in the episode where they went five years into the future we got to see a glimpse of a Sylar vs Peter fight, and I would have lowed to see something like that in the final. But it seems like the producers had spent all their money before the finale, nothing happened, thy just talked and punched a bit, pretty disappointing.

Also, why did Sylar allow Hiro to stab him? I just didn't understand why he didn't do anything, if Hiro had stopped time, then I wouldn't be bothered. But he didn't, he started yelling and running towards Sylar, giving him plenty of time to do something.

Also, why couldn't Peter fly himself off instead of Nathan?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 11:46 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Morridini
So I finally finished season one, and I must say I have to be among the people who were a bit disappointed. Mostly because the final fight wasn't "epic" enough (as Strangelove said), in the episode where they went five years into the future we got to see a glimpse of a Sylar vs Peter fight, and I would have lowed to see something like that in the final. But it seems like the producers had spent all their money before the finale, nothing happened, thy just talked and punched a bit, pretty disappointing.

Also, why did Sylar allow Hiro to stab him? I just didn't understand why he didn't do anything, if Hiro had stopped time, then I wouldn't be bothered. But he didn't, he started yelling and running towards Sylar, giving him plenty of time to do something.

I agree...with the ending...sylar can stop bullets on more than one occasion, but cant do anything to hiro? and the fight at the end was lame....they are lucky the show is so well written and the characters are well acted or i would have been very disapointed

The reason peter couldnt fly was he would have exploded if he tried...he needed all his concentration to not explode....that is the main reason i am hearing

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 02:25 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Morridini

Why he couldn't fly was explained in volume 2, but guessing it was because if he had tried to fly he would have exploded it's a fair guess

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 04:27 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Basically. Peter was doing his best to put off the explosion as long as he could. Flying would have shifted his concentration and he would have detonated earlier than he did.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 06:56 AM
stickman618

that explains it

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 11:58 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Peter looked pretty badass when he was glowing orange

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 07:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I just finished volume two, and yes Peter himself told Nathan that he couldn't fly because he was busy not exploding, so that's clear then.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 09:17 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

shoulda been a give in

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 10:22 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I presume Sylar was pre-occupied by Hiros sudden appearance and couldn't focus. Also while people crow about the bullet feat I do belive it was 60% luck.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2008 08:31 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

sylar was also beat up pretty bad by nikki and peter

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 07:13 AM