KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Title is Official: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Title is Official: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Title is Official: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

So what do we think about the title?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 06:49 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Bit pissed at first as I'm hoping the plot revolves around the Ark but as far as titles go only an Indy movie could have a title like this and get away with it. Yep, a perfect title! thumb up

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 01:37 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hey guys. Huh - surprised more people aren't on here discussing the big revelation ...

I personally quite like the title for "Indy IV" (though I share Whisper's concern that this means that the rumour about the story revolving around the Ark once again - an idea which I loved - is ultimately not true); obviously not everyone's going to like it, but people have to remember that, with the other 3 films now so ingrained in our collective consciousness, the title of this film (much like the controversial titles of the Star Wars Prequels) was never going to have that nice "ring" to it which the other ones have (mainly due to familiarity).

I must admit, though - I am a bit surprised that the title has been revealed at this stage. The IMDB page for "Indy IV" was suggesting late Autumn time ... not that I mind, of course stick out tongue !

And so then - roll on the Teaser big grin !

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 04:30 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

P.S. For those who haven't yet seen it, here is the OFFICIAL logo for the next Indy film big grin ! Check it out:

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 04:35 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

I wonder if LeBouf was given permission to leak the title. Might have a bit of explaining to do to Spielberg.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 07:18 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
Hey guys. Huh - surprised more people aren't on here discussing the big revelation ...

I too am surprised and deafened by the silence at the new title. When the photo of Ford in his Indy clothes was released I swear I heard the internet skidding to a halt as bzillions of people stopped what they were doing and checked it out. Roll on "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"! Or "KOCS" for short!
When I hear LeBouf announce the title I crapped myself coz I was sure he said "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal School".
That would have sucked.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 09:41 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by Ahnold
P.S. For those who haven't yet seen it, here is the OFFICIAL logo for the next Indy film big grin ! Check it out:

Oops embarrasment ! Guess the logo didn't upload properly in my last post. Let's try it again ...

Attachment: logo.jpg
This has been downloaded 159 time(s).

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 11:24 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Originally posted by Whisper
I wonder if LeBeouf was given permission to leak the title. Might have a bit of explaining to do to Spielberg.

I'm sure he was. And if not ... then I'm pretty sure that they'll be scraping "the beef" off the walls of the Indy set tomorrow. After all - only Ford is non-expendable stick out tongue .

Old Post Sep 10th, 2007 11:28 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

I'm, for one, quite glad it wasn't about the Ark again.

Too sequel-ish and not series-ish enough.

You know?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 02:36 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Not bad....

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 08:05 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just assumed it was going to be Attack of the Clones.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 10:01 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Originally posted by Soljer
I'm, for one, quite glad it wasn't about the Ark again.

Too sequel-ish and not series-ish enough.

You know?
Nah, The Ark is the biggest thing in Indys life. I wanted the Ark stories to be "bookends" to the movies. I'm now hoping that the Ark is the centre of the "opening mini adventure".

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 10:07 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't understand. Wasn't the "Ark adventure" the entire first movie? What is there left to be done with the Ark?

and isn't Raiders the second movie, chronologically speaking? So the Ark arc wouldn't be the book ends anyway.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2007 10:14 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

Raiders is the 1st movie, Temple of Doom 2nd.

I'd say that the Indy movies are more as seperate episodes/adventures rather than sequels.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 03:30 AM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, Temple was the second movie made, but chronologically I believe it takes place before the events in Raiders.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 05:50 PM
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Originally posted by Devil King
Yes, Temple was the second movie made, but chronologically I believe it takes place before the events in Raiders.
Yep, Temple takes place before Raiders.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 09:06 PM
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Don't like it.

It'll be more like TOD with him chasing after an artifact that isn't Judeo-Christian in nature, but rather about some pagan diety.

Still will be a good film, I'm there... but it seems a waste of all that "faith" that Indy got in the last one.. all that "Do you believe" stuff, etc... to have him now chasing after some alien or pagan thing.

(methinks it starts with aliens in the 50's)

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 04:25 AM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've read something about this, Shia LeBouf may have said that this is the official title but Mr Lucas has also registered 4 other titles.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 08:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Sounds... interesting.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2007 08:29 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've read something about this, Shia LeBouf may have said that this is the official title but Mr Lucas has also registered 4 other titles.

Yeah, those were all speculation titles. This one is official. Go check it out on the main site.

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 07:50 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote