KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Sylar!

Sylar!
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

He's been listed as possessing it, not to mention that Sylar uses it in one of the graphic novels to learn truck-driving in under a minute.

Charlie had a brain clot and was going to die of it, but Sylar still killed her as Hiro did not save her.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 10:02 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Sylar is an on again off again favorite for me. He's a really great villain, and we can all agree he was great in "The Hard Part" when he meets with his mother.

And on the discussion about his looks, originally Sylar was going to be a seriously deranged character, with long nails and hair, and fanged teeth. He was described as a "nosferatu" type villain. You can look that up on Heroes Wiki. And they actually offered Christopher Eccleston the role.

But I like how he is a younger guy than he was originally made out to be. It contrasts well with Peter.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 10:02 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yeah, lovely, another European villain, Christopher Eccleston as Sylar, way to go writing staff. Think, then it would have been yet another case of stereotyping those of different cultures simply out of ignorance, would have made my effin day.

Given though, Eccleston would have pulled it off well considering that that Quinto bloke doesn't have much to offer in the acting department, nor is he convincing as a villain. Should have kept Sylar bathed in shadow.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 02:46 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Woah woah woah!

Sylar isn't a convincing villain?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 05:42 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Not after he is revealed to be a ham actor, no.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 07:41 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

i think sylar is a great villian. i think the actor they chose for his role is perfect. i cant think of a better villian. i wanna see how that "new evil" sums up as a villian. if he can beat sylar holy shit

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 12:59 AM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Then I would recommend you read/watch around a lot more. There isn't actually a lot of villainy stored in his little old mind, not exactly unexplored veins of cruelty to be tapped and fed, his motivation for killing others can only last so long. I don't think there's much more to be had rom Sylar being a villain.

Just read the signposts; Sylar will have a change of heart and decide that giving people headache's is not a good way to use ones occult powers, and that helping people is.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 08:24 AM
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

whatever. i believe he uses telekinesis as a shield wrapped around his body. thats how i think he stopped the bullets at the police station

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 11:14 PM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Whatever. I think he asked the bullets to stop diplomatically, first a petition, then a conference, ending on a vote. Yeah. Whatever. All that stuff. confused

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 10:00 AM
REXXXX
Networking

And that was Exanda Kane with another one of his depressing, let's-destroy-everything-that-everyone-else-likes speeches. He does it for Star Wars, he'll do it for Heroes...

So...Sylar technically has [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the power of illusions, now...but...does he have the Virus?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:30 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

he doesnt have the power. i think the person he killed was an illusiory cover up. i think the real candice is alive. didnt u realize that one was some random fat chick?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:37 AM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
And that was Exanda Kane with another one of his depressing, let's-destroy-everything-that-everyone-else-likes speeches. He does it for Star Wars, he'll do it for Heroes...

He strikes me as a cynic. The cynic that other cynics think is cynical. It's weird and annoying after a while. He likes to live in a dark, dark place.

Anyways, Exanda, Sylar's the shizzle. Quinto is intimidating. You're a loon.

quote:
So...Sylar technically has [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the power of illusions, now...but...does he have the Virus? [/B]

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The second I saw that Candice was with Sylar, I knew he was going to kill her. It was only a matter of time...

no expression

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:39 AM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

HERRO IT MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN CANDICE. SHE HAS ILLUSIONS.. THE WHOLE THING COULDA BEEN AN ILLUSION

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:58 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It was Candice. You may not have read the graphic novel regarding Candice's background, but she was originally a rather large punker-goth thing that discovered she could create illusions and so used it to create chaos and make people think they were exploding, melting, etc.

It was Candice. She even said she was Candice. And they stayed consistent, having her dead body be Betty's bloated form...good for them.

Likewise, Gideon. I thought "Damn, you're an idiot, Candice."

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:06 AM
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chickenlover98
he doesnt have the power. i think the person he killed was an illusiory cover up. i think the real candice is alive. didnt u realize that one was some random fat chick?

Wow, remind me to never come to you for Heroes theories. no expression

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 06:23 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

This is what i know so far....

Sylars powers - Telekinesis / Great Memory / Turning things into liquid / Enhanced hearing / and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Illusions / and Freezing abilities

theres most likely more but what...

He had a conversation with Dale, the woman he got the enhanced hearing from...

Dale: Funny, I didn't hear your footsteps.

Sylar: That's because there weren't any.

What does this mean? Did he lift himself up with his telekinesis? Or is this another power he has?

If im missing any then please add to the list

TGFwashere

Last edited by Mairuzu on Oct 9th, 2007 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 05:05 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Mairuzu
This is what i know so far....

Sylars powers - Telekinesis / Great Memory / Turning things into liquid / Enhanced hearing / and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Illusions / and Freezing abilities

theres most likely more but what...

He had a conversation with Dale, the woman he got the enhanced hearing from...

Dale: Funny, I didn't hear your footsteps.

Sylar: That's because there weren't any.

What does this mean? Did he lift himself up with his telekinesis? Or is this another power he has?

If im missing any then please add to the list

He used telekinesis to float, and don't forget his ability to cut open someones head with his finger like it's a buzz saw.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 08:37 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I forgot about Isaac and Ted...

so precognition and explosives or radiation manipulation

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 08:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Tattoo
He used telekinesis to float, and don't forget his ability to cut open someones head with his finger like it's a buzz saw.

Lol, for some reason i never thought of that to be a power...

maybe it is? is it possible it might just be telekinesis?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 08:51 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

He also survived all the test they did on him, but then died and came back to life...

Maybe a power that gives you a strong immune system?

TGFwashere

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 09:02 PM