KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » Sylar!

Sylar!
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

It is generally assumed that, if Sylar takes a power, he takes every aspect of the power. Radioactivity, for example, has EMP blasts that Ted performed. Sylar can most likely do it too.

But yes: Intuitive aptitude, telekinesis, cryokinesis, enhanced memory, enhanced hearing, radioactivity, precognition, and liquefaction are all powers that he has exhibited after stealing from his victims. Candice's power of illusions might possibly be in his inventory. Mohinder mentions more, which would bring his current total to ten (not including illusions). That leaves a possible three unknown powers.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 08:54 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

did he get the enhanced memory

i thought Charlie ended up dying from a brain tumor because of Hiro's time tampering

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 09:56 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is there anything to indicate that he ate brains? Because if he can gain powers by eating brains, i don't see why others can't do the same.

If its part of the brain he eats, where is the other portion of the brain?

Or maybe he absorbs it or reconfigures his brain structure after analyzing his victims brains, i'm just speculating.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 12:02 PM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stickman618
did he get the enhanced memory

i thought Charlie ended up dying from a brain tumor because of Hiro's time tampering

It is only shown in the online comics that he has charlies power....and its debatable if the comic came out before hiro changed the past......on the TV show sylar has not used this power or referenced it in any way

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 05:43 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hiro's efforts to save Charlie, sadly, had no effect on the outcome things. He changed certain past details about the months leading up to her death, but not the culmination. She was still murdered by Sylar and her power stolen.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 09:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stickman618

that would mean Sylar has "the list" in his head

'cos Mohinder unlocked it and then Sylar must've looked at it

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:01 AM
stickman618 is currently offline Click here to Send stickman618 a Private Message Find more posts by stickman618 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't think Sylar got the chance. He tortured Mohinder until Peter came in, and then that little confrontation happened...

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 10:27 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Captain REX
Hiro's efforts to save Charlie, sadly, had no effect on the outcome things. He changed certain past details about the months leading up to her death, but not the culmination. She was still murdered by Sylar and her power stolen.

According to an article by the shows creators and writers, it is not definet he got the power,.....so i will have to see him use it

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 06:08 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

graphic novels are pretty canon aren't they? so im sure he does

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 08:50 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

What article?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 09:54 AM
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Captain REX
What article?

I will look for it

it came out right about the time the show aired with hiro going back in time to save charlie...it had to do with the creators/writers talking about the comics and that they did not want to hamper the stories they told, and that they would let them write as they saw fit....they also said it was a mystery as to the fact if sylar had the power

They talked about the fact that the comics are different in certain ways then the shows, even when they directly reference the actual tv show, they are not concerned with whats canon(or did not at the time)

They talked about the claire crashing her car to hurt her boyfriend and how the comic has it different

I would definetly say the comics are not canon, as their are too many differences...are we to choose which are and which are not?

I will stick with the show for what is and is not...but thats just me

I love the comics and think they flesh out the heroes universe, but i will not hold them to anything

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 02:38 PM
stickman618

Originally posted by Mairuzu
graphic novels are pretty canon aren't they? so im sure he does

supposedly, that happened before Hiro went back

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 04:39 AM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I guess we'll see it when we'll see it

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 04:17 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I wonder is Sylar really[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the 3rd brother to Nate and Peter.

And how long will he stay [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a good guy for?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 01:57 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

What makes you think that? Because he didn't kill Claire? According to his own words he couldn't if he wanted to. No one can. Which says to me! No one can kill Peter either! big grin

But also I think Sylar's just really back to his original goal of just becoming as special as possible. Not really wanting or caring about killing everyone. Just doing what he needs to keep becoming as special as he can be.

He didn't need to kill Claire to gain her powers, so he didn't!

As for the "normal" people he kills. Its similar to Hannabal Lecter, They get in his way. Stay outta his way and you'll be fine. IMO

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 02:45 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Entity
What makes you think that? Because he didn't kill Claire? According to his own words he couldn't if he wanted to. No one can. Which says to me! No one can kill Peter either! big grin

But also I think Sylar's just really back to his original goal of just becoming as special as possible. Not really wanting or caring about killing everyone. Just doing what he needs to keep becoming as special as he can be.

He didn't need to kill Claire to gain her powers, so he didn't!

As for the "normal" people he kills. Its similar to Hannabal Lecter, They get in his way. Stay outta his way and you'll be fine. IMO

Who are you talking too?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 03:04 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Who are you talking too?
You when you said,
And how long will he stay [SPOILER - highlight to read]: a good guy for?

And as for the first part of that post. GOD I HOPE NOT! Surely she's just trying to manipulate him as she does practically everyone else.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 03:32 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Entity
You when you said,

And as for the first part of that post. GOD I HOPE NOT! Surely she's just trying to manipulate him as she does practically everyone else.
He was trying to say, how long will sylar cooperate with the company till he goes back to killing people

They sure changed sylar, hes not as bad as he used to be.. or was suppose to be

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 04:13 PM
Squirrel Fart

Maybe he is there as a good guy just to fight the villains from level 5 or maybe he stays good or he will change back to villain later later on.....

And is Sylar really the 3rd borther.... of course we wont know until we find out....but still we can talk about it.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Sep 24th, 2008 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 04:15 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I think Momma Petrelli is using Sylar (obviously) and Sylar is using Momma Petrelli

and im not sure if i'd like the fact that hes really a patrelli

maybe they dont have the same father as the two brothers?

maybe momma patrelli is only telling him that to use him?

she is.. in fact.. known to do this

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 24th, 2008 04:19 PM