KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » New Powers!

New Powers!
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

New Powers!

What new powers would you like to see someone on Heroes have?

Myself personally I'd love to see someone with me ability to gain peoples knowledge the way Peter gains powers. That would be cool IMO. I mean someone who instantly gained the knowledge of anyone around them. How long would it take them to become a total badass?

And what about a Danger sense? Something similar to Spiderman's spider sense?

Also super speed. I mean nothing crazy like The Flash or anything but someone that could move like 10 times the speed for normal humans would be pretty cool I think.

Oh and I almost forgot. What about total invulnerability? I mean someone with no other real powers and just like us except they can just walk away form a nuke or something! eek! Then we could see them react with Claire. The girl that can heal form almost anything and the person that can't be hurt by anything.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2007 10:36 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Ummm...telepathy is gaining others' knowledge, it's just more active than passive. I think TV audiences would reject a character like that.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 03:30 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It would be too powerful. Not to mention overwhelming. It would most likely lead to schizophrenia and extreme deja vu and so on, with all those implanted memories.

As for invulnerable...also, not terribly realistic. Most powers at least seem like they could have a scientific explanation somehow. Your cells completely resisting destruction of any sort? Unlikely. Also unhealthy, as they are naturally destroyed daily.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 04:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

The ability to control insects, particularly Bees, wasps, hornets ect.

T'would be freaking awesome.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 08:36 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

A few actually...like an intuitive translator: someone who can speak and read a language that some one's either writing or speaking, though, once out of the distance, they have no idea--it's all jibberish to them, unless they knew it ahead of time.

Or someone that has the ability to "freeze" someone just by making eye contact with them. Not like literally freezing, more along the lines of mental paralysis.

Or just the power of empathy: can feel people's emotions.

And for a villain, I'd have someone who can "tap" into people's powers. Not like Peter, instead this person can only use the powers of the people who are in range, and the person doesn't keep them once out of range.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 09:18 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I like the idea of a panglot (someone who can understand and speak all languages), that would be awesome.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 08:43 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
It would be too powerful. Not to mention overwhelming. It would most likely lead to schizophrenia and extreme deja vu and so on, with all those implanted memories.

As for invulnerable...also, not terribly realistic. Most powers at least seem like they could have a scientific explanation somehow. Your cells completely resisting destruction of any sort? Unlikely. Also unhealthy, as they are naturally destroyed daily.
See thou that's allot of what I think would be cool about it. The problems the character would be inflected with. I mean imagine all that knowledge just coming form outta nowhere instantly but at the same time they'd have no other abilities outside of normal humans.

And I don't mean memories as much as just pure knowledge. Not like what Peter felt when Simone died but knowing all he does about medicine as a nurse. Peoples knowledge not there memories, thou I also think that would be interesting as hell.

As for no explanation. How the hell does someone fly? Or walk through walls or control technology or heal a paralyzed women through mere touch?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2007 10:30 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As for flying, no idea; that'd be difficult to explain.

Walking through walls, as DL does, shows that the cells of matter seem to move aside when he passes through something, so its likely that the cells move. Controlling technology would probably have something to do with electrical impulses, and healing would have something to do with some sort of energy that would stimulate cells to repair themselves.

None of that is official or explained, but it would seem likely (for a fictional super power), yes?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 03:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed. The only one that can't be explained at all is flying at like mach speed by yourself..

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 06:24 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Lightning powers!

Controlling gravity! ( LOL )

Someone that can turn people into babies with a single touch! BOOM! You are now a baby again sucka!

umm

Or someone that can change their age! Kill someone while looking 30 and turning back to a 10 year old... IT WASNT ME! IM 10 !

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 10:35 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Making someone turn old would be fun too...

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 14th, 2007 10:52 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Electromagnetic powers have shown up twice in the graphic novels. One was a man who generated his own electrical arcs and could hover, the other absorbed it from electronic appliances, then discharged.

Controlling gravity would be neat.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:31 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Lightning powers!

Controlling gravity! ( LOL )

Someone that can turn people into babies with a single touch! BOOM! You are now a baby again sucka!

umm

Or someone that can change their age! Kill someone while looking 30 and turning back to a 10 year old... IT WASNT ME! IM 10 !

I take you've seen Sky High big grin

Eletric powers will be featured in the show this season, although they've been featured in the graphic novel aswell

I really want to see someone that can control the weather, I know it's too much Xmen, but I find Storm's ability way too freaking cool

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:51 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by S_D_J
I take you've seen Sky High big grin

Eletric powers will be featured in the show this season, although they've been featured in the graphic novel aswell

I really want to see someone that can control the weather, I know it's too much Xmen, but I find Storm's ability way too freaking cool

Actually ive never seen sky high, it looked like a stupid movie..

what did i say that was in sky high? gravity?

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 05:32 PM
LanceWindu

Actually ive never seen sky high, it looked like a stupid movie..

what did i say that was in sky high? gravity?

Turning people into babies. smile

Except in Sky High it wasn't an actual power, the bad guy made a weapon which does this.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 07:11 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by Tattoo
Turning people into babies. smile

Except in Sky High it wasn't an actual power, the bad guy made a weapon which does this.

Oh... thats lame then, i just wanna change peoples age, old or young, would be awesome...

and i can change myself...

That power ROCKS!

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 08:16 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I want to turn people into paper!

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 08:17 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Meltman... with the power to....... MELT!

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 08:17 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Meltman... with the power to....... MELT!

and you say you haven't seen Sky High stick out tongue

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 03:04 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by S_D_J
and you say you haven't seen Sky High stick out tongue

Thats from skyhigh too? thats pretty lame...

because it was on Action League now...

it was on KABLAAM! which was a nickelodeon show which came out WAY before skyhigh....

TGFwashere

Old Post Sep 19th, 2007 03:41 AM