KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Borderlands

Borderlands
Started by: AthenasTrgrFngr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah yes indeed. phew, I thought you were going to say something like the PC version is bugged or weaker than another version wink

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 08:48 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
Ah yes indeed. phew, I thought you were going to say something like the PC version is bugged or weaker than another version wink

I don't think there is any specific info on the PC version at the moment, but there's also no reason to assume that it would be somehow inferior to the console versions.

Apparently 'PC Gamer' gave it a good rating, so probably no reason to worry about the PC version.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2009 08:57 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I got this game just now. It's pretty damn fun so far, but I wish it had higher graphical settings and anti-aliasing support. It doesn't even warm my PC up!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:02 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

PC Gaming is for losers.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:27 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by NemeBro
PC Gaming is for losers.

I don't know what kind of losers leave out anti-aliasing support in today's games

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:31 PM
Squirrel Fart

Great game, just got it.....love it so far.

But......GAMESPY SUCKS ASS!!!!! so much damn connection issues, I am lucky to connect to 1 out of 15 servers I try and connect too. And at times I will still drop out because of a connection issue.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Nov 5th, 2009 at 07:50 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:47 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

so whats everyones verdict on this title so far?.. must buy? rental?.. wait for platinum hits? lol

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 10:07 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Its a 100% buy. Screw MW 2 and their control Nazi server, this is a sleeper hit and game of the year.

GAMESPY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! though.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 10:09 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so whats everyones verdict on this title so far?.. must buy? rental?.. wait for platinum hits? lol

Well, I'm enjoying the hell out of Borderlands. It's definitely buy-worthy, in my opinion.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 11:18 PM
NemeBro

Definately agreed.

Borderlands is making a strong case for being Game of the Year.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 01:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

But....someone hacked my gamespy account. I changed my PW hopefully it will keep that person out (I seem to have it still). This game seems to be soooo bad on hacks. People have level 100 but max is 50, they have crazy powerful weapons at mid levels.

Umm....its Diablo 2 all over again. I think there is not even a anti cheat program for BL.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 01:45 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I finished the game: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the ending(at least I assumed it's the ending) was an epic disappointment

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 07:39 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am loving the game although I did have the same problem as AG. It did not bother me so much though as I still love the main gameplay.

On a side note, whats everyones favourite weapons that they have found so far? and their class you are playing ofc.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 09:14 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I play as Brick, the Berserker.

Um, favorite weapon so far is probably my Revolver and my Rocket Launcher, Revolver is bladed, has a good scope, decent rate of fire, and great damage, and the launcher has a leet scope, very high damage, and a surprising rate of fire.

Not progressed to the end of the game I admit, been busy with other stuffs, but I hear the final boss is basically an [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Eldritch Abomination.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:03 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

On a side note, has anyone categorized the quality level of items in Borderlands?

I've seen White, Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow and Orange.

I've acquired this lvl 19 Orange revolver(I think the only Orange weapon I encountered in the whole game) and it was still kicking ass by the end of the game.

@TGE, yea the last boss is basically it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:10 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes Orange is the best, I use a level 42 orange sniper rifle with x4 elemental fire damage and like over 400 normal damage. Needless to say, one shot can decimate most foes. I use a few good orange, purple, blue and even a green weapon. its surprising how far the level of an item can surpass its rarity when power is concerned. For instance I have found a couple of orange weapons that are simply useless compared to some blue or even green items.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:13 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Burning thought
Yes Orange is the best, I use a level 42 orange sniper rifle with x4 elemental fire damage and like over 400 normal damage. Needless to say, one shot can decimate most foes. I use a few good orange, purple, blue and even a green weapon. its surprising how far the level of an item can surpass its rarity when power is concerned. For instance I have found a couple of orange weapons that are simply useless compared to some blue or even green items.

Look closely, those items may have been yellow.

I think I figured it out:
White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Superior
Purple - Epic
Orange - Legendary

Wait, what?

Where does Yellow fit in, though?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:17 AM
NemeBro

White < Green < Blue < Purple < Light Orange < Orange < Dark Orange

That is the weapon ranking system.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:40 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Look closely, those items may have been yellow.

I think I figured it out:
White - Common
Green - Uncommon
Blue - Superior
Purple - Epic
Orange - Legendary

Wait, what?

Where does Yellow fit in, though?
...Are you trying to apply WoW's weapon system with Borderland's?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:41 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by NemeBro
White < Green < Blue < Purple < Light Orange < Orange < Dark Orange

That is the weapon ranking system.

Thanks.

It's very similar to the WoW ranking system indeed.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:46 AM