KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Ganon, King of Evil

Respect Ganon, King of Evil
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ESB -1138
A) When did I disrespect Ganondorf? It was called debating whether or not he died at the end of Twilight Princess.
It's not just the Twilight Princess debate, you've been bashing Ganon the entire thread. Stop.
quote:

B) There is more evidence to support his death then somehow living while Link was just standing there (and Zelda and Midna) who decided just to leave him alive
Actually, Shigero Miyamoto has confirmed that Ocarina of Time was the first game, followed by Zelda, Adventure of Link and then Link to The Past. He stated that in 1998. That alone supports the fact Ganon never died.
quote:

C) Sephiroth is the same character in FF7 and Advent Children and guess what; he died in FF7. We see a villain being revived all the time in gaming it's nothing new. And Twilight Princess takes place in the OoT child timeline where as Wind Waker takes place in the OoT adult timeline because Zelda has two different timelines because of the events of OoT and thus Ganondorf can die in one game and appear in another. And again when did I dispect Ganondorf? Because I'm not a mindless fanboy that can't stand to see there favorite character actually be defeated?
Why do you even Mention Sephiroth? You're not a fanboy? Really? Sephiroth has nothing to do with Ganon. We don't know if Ganon died in Twilight Princess. There is rumor to be a direct sequel to TP as well, implying Ganon didn't die. As I said again, UNLESS YOU HAVE RESPECT, Get the heck out.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Jun 7th, 2008 at 01:18 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 01:15 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
It's not just the Twilight Princess debate, you've been bashing Ganon the entire thread.

Really? When? When I was messing with Pyron?

Actually, Shigero Miyamoto has confirmed that Ocarina of Time was the first game, followed by Zelda, Adventure of Link and then Link to The Past. He stated that in 1998. That alone supports the fact Ganon never died.

That was '98 dude; it's been 10 years since then and now we have more Zelda games to add namely Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and again in case you are having trouble understanding; there's two timelines caused by OoT. The adult timeline and child timeline. Wind Waker is in adult and Twilight Princess is in child and that's all that is known.

And again it is possible in gaming because we see it so many times for someone namely a villain to be killed and to be revived. Heck your little timeline proves that; in the Adventure of Link Ganon's followers were trying to revive Ganon by the blood of Link because Ganon was dead, Twinrova was trying to revive Ganon in the Oracles of Seasons/Ages and thus he was dead, and there is nothing you can say that can't disprove this.

Why do you even Mention Sephiroth? You're not a fanboy? Really? Sephiroth has nothing to do with Ganon. We don't know if Ganon died in Twilight Princess. There is rumor to be a direct sequel to TP as well, implying Ganon didn't die. As I said again, UNLESS YOU HAVE RESPECT, Get the heck out.

Rumor; Twilight Princess was rumored to be the sequel to Wind Waker but it ended up being something different. And again I have yet to disrepect Ganondorf; all I've been doing is debating but clearly you can't seem to tell the two a part because again you can't except that Ganondorf can actually be killed.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 01:33 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Really? When? When I was messing with Pyron?
Whatever your intentions, it came off as bashing. And the point of the respect thread is to show respect, not clog it with useless tomfoolery.
quote:

That was '98 dude; it's been 10 years since then and now we have more Zelda games to add namely Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and again in case you are having trouble understanding; there's two timelines caused by OoT. The adult timeline and child timeline. Wind Waker is in adult and Twilight Princess is in child and that's all that is known.
No, it is not verified that the split time-line theory is the official Theory. Nintendo has yet to release an official continuity, until then, any theory is just speculation. My point was that, even though Nintendo never verified a timeline, they did verify Ganondorf has been the same throughout all their Zelda titles.
quote:

And again it is possible in gaming because we see it so many times for someone namely a villain to be killed and to be revived. Heck your little timeline proves that; in the Adventure of Link Ganon's followers were trying to revive Ganon by the blood of Link because Ganon was dead, Twinrova was trying to revive Ganon in the Oracles of Seasons/Ages and thus he was dead, and there is nothing you can say that can't disprove this.
Ganon has never died. That is the point. He has never been fully killed off, and always finds a way back.
quote:
Rumor; Twilight Princess was rumored to be the sequel to Wind Waker but it ended up being something different. And again I have yet to disrepect Ganondorf; all I've been doing is debating but clearly you can't seem to tell the two a part because again you can't except that Ganondorf can actually be killed.
He can't be killed. Ocarina of Time even showed us this. You are not correct in your assumptions (assumptions that go against respect for the character btw), I am clearing up your incorrect rhetoric. Until Twilight Princess, Ganon had never been killed. And, seeing as Nintendo and Zelda were not clear on it, we don't know if he even died in Twilight Princess. You were stating he did as if it was fact. So I came in to clear that wrong statement up. Now, if you have some respect to give Ganon, then do it, stop posting things that have nothing to do with respect.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 01:45 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh, knock it off both of you.

Though, for the record - there is a difference between never dying, and dying but not stayind dead. Personally I think Ganon falls into the latter category.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:59 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

*ahem*

Wrong. Miyamoto has only confirmed that OoT is the first game in the main series.

However, The series mostly goes in sequel pairs. OoT>MM, LoZ>AoL, etc. But ALttP is explicited stated to be a prequel to LoZ. How many times have I gone over the timeline, guys?

quote:
No, it is not verified that the split time-line theory is the official Theory. Nintendo has yet to release an official continuity, until then, any theory is just speculation.

Wrong again. Aonuma confirmed after TP's release that it takes place in the second timeline after OoT, aka after MM, when Ganondorf never rises to power and is instead imprisoned before he can attack Hyrule. Whereas WW takes place in the first timeline after OoT, the timeline that continues after the Hero of Time disappears and Ganon breaks out of the Sacred Realm.

You really should not argue on a subject you obviously know very little about.

quote:
Ganon has never died. That is the point. He has never been fully killed off, and always finds a way back.

Very big difference between "never dying" and "dying but not forever." The reason for AoL was that Ganon's minions were trying to kill Link so they could sprinkle his blood on Ganon's ashes to revive him. Ganon spends the entirety of the Oracle arc dead until his body is revived after both games.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:37 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Personally...I find Ganon's immortality inconsistent. He dies in the old games, then in WW, WITHOUT THE TRIFORCE OF POWER, he doesn't die from being stabbed in the forehead with the Master Sword. Then in TP, he could have died, could have not, can't be sure.

If he did not die in TP, I think it is safe to say Ganon's mortality has been retconned into immortality.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 05:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by General Kaliero
*ahem*

Wrong. Miyamoto has only confirmed that OoT is the first game in the main series.
I'll have to dig out the quote to show you. He did state that those games followed in that sequence.
quote:

However, The series mostly goes in sequel pairs. OoT>MM, LoZ>AoL, etc. But ALttP is explicited stated to be a prequel to LoZ. How many times have I gone over the timeline, guys?
You are not the official timeline master, sorry to say. Nintendo has NOT released an official timeline.
quote:

Wrong again. Aonuma confirmed after TP's release that it takes place in the second timeline after OoT, aka after MM, when Ganondorf never rises to power and is instead imprisoned before he can attack Hyrule. Whereas WW takes place in the first timeline after OoT, the timeline that continues after the Hero of Time disappears and Ganon breaks out of the Sacred Realm.
No, YOU are wrong. He said YOU COULD SAY, he never said it was fact. When Nintendo releases and official timeline or continuity, than you can read it and be the grandmaster. As it is now, there are no set in stone records according to the timeline. I'm well aware of his quotes. And you are mis-interpreting them.
quote:

You really should not argue on a subject you obviously know very little about.
I know more than you apparently..
quote:

Very big difference between "never dying" and "dying but not forever." The reason for AoL was that Ganon's minions were trying to kill Link so they could sprinkle his blood on Ganon's ashes to revive him. Ganon spends the entirety of the Oracle arc dead until his body is revived after both games.
Fine, I'll give you that I could have worded it better, but never dying in my opinion means never staying dead. Now, back to Ganon Respect.

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Jun 7th, 2008 at 06:15 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:11 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote:

*falls over laughing*

Are you joking, or do you actually think you're serious there? Because even I know most of what you're saying isn't correct and I don't even follow the Zelda canon that closely (ie timeline stuff, I know very little of, etc).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Jun 7th, 2008 at 06:34 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:32 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'll have to dig out the quote to show you. He did state that those games followed in that sequence.

I wish you luck, because you'll have quite a time finding such a thing.

quote:
You are not the official timeline master, sorry to say. Nintendo has NOT released an official timeline.

With as much research as I have done into the Zelda timeline, I know quite well that an official timeline has not been released.

However, the games themselves have quite a bit to say on the matter.

The prologue to TWW clearly tells that it takes place in the timeline as when OoT Link defeated Ganon in the future. Furthermore, this Ganondorf recognizes WW Link's green tunic and hat, and went to great lengths to seal the Master Sword, proving that he fears it's power, having remembered it from the past, when he was first destroyed by it.

In TP, sages who are not the Sages awakened by Link in OoT put Ganondorf on trial and (attempt to) execute him, and then send him to the Twilight Realm. During the game, Ganondorf says nothing at all about either TP Link's clothes or the sword he wields, which he surely would have had this been the same Ganondorf that had fought the adult Hero of Time only about a century earlier. From this, the most logical conclusion is that TP Ganon is not, in fact, the same Ganondorf that adult OoT Link defeated, and that he is what Ganondorf would have become if Link had never opened the Door of Time.

ALttP's history meshes much more easily with TP's version of the sages and Ganondorf than with OoT's (though Ganny was revived at some point between TP and ALttP, presumably in TP's upcoming sequel). Therefore it logically follows TP for the time being.

LA could be in two spots. There are those who believe it is ALttP Link (which is supported by the fact that LA was created after ALttP, while the series' timeline was still fairly straightforward, and by how Zelda games come in pairs, and LA pairs off with ALttP), and there are those who believe it comes after the Oracle saga.

ALttP was expressly a prequel to LoZ, on the very back of the game's box, so LoZ must follow ALttP in the same timeline. AoL is an express sequel to LoZ, so must follow it in the same timeline.

Phantom Hourglass is an express sequel to TWW, and so must follow in it's timeline.

The Oracle games enclose themselves, and so can be inserted at any point after which Ganon has been killed.

So, the most logical order of events, considering simply the games themselves, is:

Four Sword Saga timeline:

Minish Cap

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Main Series timeline:

Ocarina of Time
(Child Ending) ::::::::::::: (Adult Ending)

Majora's Mask ::::::::::: The Wind Waker

Twilight Princess ::::::::: Phantom Hourglass

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening (?)

Legend of Zelda

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Anywhere Games:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening (?)

quote:
No, YOU are wrong. He said YOU COULD SAY, he never said it was fact. When Nintendo releases and official timeline or continuity, than you can read it and be the grandmaster. As it is now, there are no set in stone records according to the timeline. I'm well aware of his quotes. And you are mis-interpreting them.

Observe:

quote:
–When does Twilight Princess take place?

Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.

–And the Wind Waker?

Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

...Rather hard to misinterpret, I'd say.

quote:

I hope the material above shows you just how silly that assertion is.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 06:45 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

With as much research as I have done into the Zelda timeline, I know quite well that an official timeline has not been released.

The prologue to TWW clearly tells that it takes place in the timeline as when OoT Link defeated Ganon in the future. Furthermore, this Ganondorf recognizes WW Link's green tunic and hat, and went to great lengths to seal the Master Sword, proving that he fears it's power, having remembered it from the past, when he was first destroyed by it.

In TP, sages who are not the Sages awakened by Link in OoT put Ganondorf on trial and (attempt to) execute him, and then send him to the Twilight Realm. During the game, Ganondorf says nothing at all about either TP Link's clothes or the sword he wields, which he surely would have had this been the same Ganondorf that had fought the adult Hero of Time only about a century earlier. From this, the most logical conclusion is that TP Ganon is not, in fact, the same Ganondorf that adult OoT Link defeated, and that he is what Ganondorf would have become if Link had never opened the Door of Time.

ALttP's history meshes much more easily with TP's version of the sages and Ganondorf than with OoT's (though Ganny was revived at some point between TP and ALttP, presumably in TP's upcoming sequel). Therefore it logically follows TP for the time being.

LA could be in two spots. There are those who believe it is ALttP Link (which is supported by the fact that LA was created after ALttP, while the series' timeline was still fairly straightforward, and by how Zelda games come in pairs, and LA pairs off with ALttP), and there are those who believe it comes after the Oracle saga.

ALttP was expressly a prequel to LoZ, on the very back of the game's box, so LoZ must follow ALttP in the same timeline. AoL is an express sequel to LoZ, so must follow it in the same timeline.

Phantom Hourglass is an express sequel to TWW, and so must follow in it's timeline.

The Oracle games enclose themselves, and so can be inserted at any point after which Ganon has been killed.

So, the most logical order of events, considering simply the games themselves, is:

Minish Cap

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Main Series timeline:

Ocarina of Time

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening (?)

Legend of Zelda

Anywhere Games:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening (?)

Observe:

WOw, a Zeldawiki quote. Very nice, however, Aunoma does not have the authority to decide a timeline, and Miyamoto did say the games followed that order in the past. And again, until Nintendo and Miyamoto (the game's creator) decide on an official timeline or continuity, there is none. I happen to like the Split-timeline theory myself, yet it has too many holes in it and is not official. So I don't wrongly pretend or presume it is.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 07:37 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Minish Cap

Four Swords

Four Swords Adventures

Main Series timeline:

Ocarina of Time

A Link to the Past

Link's Awakening (?)

Legend of Zelda

Anywhere Games:

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Link's Awakening (?)

Observe:

Wow, a Zeldawiki quote. Very nice, however, Aunoma does not have the authority to decide a timeline, and Miyamoto did say the games followed that order in the past. And again, until Nintendo and Miyamoto (the game's creator) decide on an official timeline or continuity, there is none. I happen to like the Split-timeline theory myself, yet it has too many holes in it and is not official. So I don't wrongly pretend or presume it is.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 07:39 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Zeldawiki quote? Excuse me? Said interview came from Japan's monthly Nintendo Dream magazine, which is about as official a source as you can get.

As for Aonuma's authority, he has been Game Director for OoT, MM, WW, TP, and PH. While that's more of a Japanese term, it's equivalent to Executive Producer in the West. He's in charge of most of the creative aspects of the Zelda games. Miyamoto started the series and still oversees it, but - except for the occasional Chabudai Gaeshi - Aonuma is in charge of all things Zelda. His word can be trusted as canon, unless Miyamoto directly contradicts him.

Again, there is no official timeline, but the games largely speak for themselves relating to each other, and the split timeline is officially confirmed. Anyone with a decent amount of intelligence and patience can put the games in an order that satisfies the in-game criteria.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:25 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Pwned. Any who; moving on. It's a good thing Ganondorf never showed himself to be this technologically advance in the Zelda games because dang...that's a big cannon:

Of course it was made by Tabuu only the disguise of Master Hand to command Ganondorf who planned on betraying the Master Hand. Brawl is a fun game...shame Subspace is a little bland. But hey the action is plentiful and the characters are numerous.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 02:28 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^And the cutscenes are uber.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 07:11 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Personally...I find Ganon's immortality inconsistent. He dies in the old games, then in WW, WITHOUT THE TRIFORCE OF POWER, he doesn't die from being stabbed in the forehead with the Master Sword. Then in TP, he could have died, could have not, can't be sure.

If he did not die in TP, I think it is safe to say Ganon's mortality has been retconned into immortality.

Well he could have died in WW. I mean the game was aimed for a younger audience and was rated E so showing blood gushing out of Ganon's head and then his lifeless body falling to the ground wouldn't have set well so turning into stone seemed like the next best deal. Just my two cents. But I haven't played WW in a long, long time.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 07:23 PM
NemeBro

He was abloe to speak with it in his head at base...No ToP...And then was turned to stone. I take that as being sealed.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:00 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Again, there is no official timeline, but the games largely speak for themselves relating to each other, and the split timeline is officially confirmed. Anyone with a decent amount of intelligence and patience can put the games in an order that satisfies the in-game criteria.
Yes, no official timeline. And I know about Aonama's supervisory role in his Zelda titles. It still doesn't confirm a split timeline theory. He doesn't have the authority. Until the words are confirmed from Miyamoto's mouth directly, or in an official Nintendo press release, NO THEORY OR TIMELINE is confirmed. And again, I like the split timeline Theory the best myself, but I, unlike you, don't pretend it is official.

Also, for your "intelligent people" concept, TP does nothing to confirm the split timeline theory. In fact, it throws a huge wrench into it. Hyrule wasn't covered with water after it's ending. PH did follow WW nicely, and didn't attempt to screw around with Ganon, but TP is the Split Timeline theories' biggest hole.

Also, if you think Four Swords comes before Minish cap, you are hilariously wrong, as Vaati was trapped in the sword at the start of FS, which he wasn't defeated until Minish Cap. Stop pretending you know alot about Zelda, when you clearly don't.

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Jun 7th, 2008 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 08:15 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Yes, no official timeline. And I know about Aonama's supervisory role in his Zelda titles. It still doesn't confirm a split timeline theory. He doesn't have the authority. Until the words are confirmed from Miyamoto's mouth directly, or in an official Nintendo press release, NO THEORY OR TIMELINE is confirmed. And again, I like the split timeline Theory the best myself, but I, unlike you, don't pretend it is official.

Also, for your "intelligent people" concept, TP does nothing to confirm the split timeline theory. In fact, it throws a huge wrench into it. Hyrule wasn't covered with water after it's ending. PH did follow WW nicely, and didn't attempt to screw around with Ganon, but TP is the Split Timeline theories' biggest hole.

Also, if you think Four Swords comes before Minish cap, you are hilariously wrong, as Vaati was trapped in the sword at the start of FS, which he wasn't defeated until Minish Cap. Stop pretending you know alot about Zelda, when you clearly don't.

Yes, tell the Game Design major he doesn't know how authority of game production works. That's clearly going to help you.

Aonuma's word is canon unless Miyamoto says specifically "What Aonuma said is wrong." That is a fact; you can either accept it, or be wrong.

Why would Hyrule be covered with water at the end of TP? Hyrule is flooded in the alternate, Linkless timeline, when Ganon breaks out of the Sacred Realm and the Goddesses are forced to flood Hyrule to contain him because there is no more Hero.

Read again, I specifically said The Minish Cap comes before Four Swords. Which is obvious from the game, as it begins the tradition of the Hero having a green cap, focuses on the Light Force instead of the Triforce, and features Vaati's Minish form, before he transforms into the one-eyed demonic form.

As for "pretending" to know a lot about Zelda... I have played every American-available Zelda game in the series, beaten all of them, and most of them multiple times. I can say, without ego, that very few here know more about the Zelda series than I do. It is my absolute favorite game series, so I think I'm going to know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Jun 7th, 2008 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 09:48 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Aonama > You
Aonama has worked under and with Miyamoto and many Zelda games and unless Miyamoto comes out and says Aonama is wrong his word is canon.

Split timeline would mean that TP and WW take place in pretty much alternate realities like with DBZ and Trunks coming back in time and changing one timeline but another goes on a different path. Aonama said that TP takes place around the same time as WW before.

When did he say the Four Swords came before the Minish Cap?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2008 10:21 PM
NemeBro

Well....I think Aonuma or someone actually said Four Swords Adventures is THE first Zelda.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 01:02 AM