KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Ganon, King of Evil

Respect Ganon, King of Evil
Started by: Violent2Dope

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well....I think Aonuma or someone actually said Four Swords Adventures is THE first Zelda.

...despite it being a sequel to Four Swords which is a sequel to the Minish Cap?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 01:11 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well....I think Aonuma or someone actually said Four Swords Adventures is THE first Zelda.

FSA is a sequel to FS. Vaati is destroyed and Ganon is sealed by the Four Sword.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 01:18 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Meh...The interview I looked at was out of date then.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 01:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Peach
Oh, knock it off both of you.

Though, for the record - there is a difference between never dying, and dying but not stayind dead. Personally I think Ganon falls into the latter category.

Agreed.

And, how did this turn into a timeline debate? messed

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 03:43 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Agreed.

And, how did this turn into a timeline debate? messed

I dunno. It was a debate over whether or not Ganondorf died at the end of TP then CPT came in whining that I was dispecting Ganondorf because I was debating that he did die.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 07:03 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i was going to add my own ownage post against cpt, but when i look at yours, i seriously dont know what else i could have added
gj big grin

Old Post Jul 6th, 2008 03:44 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by ESB -1138
I dunno. It was a debate over whether or not Ganondorf died at the end of TP then CPT came in whining that I was dispecting Ganondorf because I was debating that he did die.

Wait, there is no possible way that Ganondorf died in TP when he is in WW which is after TP.

C) Sephiroth is the same character in FF7 and Advent Children and guess what; he died in FF7. We see a villain being revived all the time in gaming it's nothing new. And Twilight Princess takes place in the OoT child timeline where as Wind Waker takes place in the OoT adult timeline because Zelda has two different timelines because of the events of OoT and thus Ganondorf can die in one game and appear in another. And again when did I dispect Ganondorf? Because I'm not a mindless fanboy that can't stand to see there favorite character actually be defeated?

aah... never mind...

The multiple continuations is one theroy... yes

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Jul 13th, 2008 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 01:44 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Ganondorf has displayed clairsentience/clairvoyance/audience.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2008 01:39 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I think the only Nintendo created characters that have been more sinister and frightening then Ganon are Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, and Giygas.

I mean you can call him the King of Evil or Prince of Darkness or a thief or a demon but the bottom line is that he is a villain in a game series, all but one of which has been marketed as a game for children who in essence is a genocidal murderer.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 07:42 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Jello
all but one of which has been marketed as a game for children who in essence

Agreed, yet another of the many reasons certain feats are just as good s toonforce or useless when making comparisons with real physics. Their just jolly funny little animations for children to enjoy.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 11:26 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I lol'd.

Play a Zelda game, ignorantly bantering on about something you know nothing about is unbecoming, even for a troll.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 04:11 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Play a Zelda game, ignorantly bantering on about something you know nothing about is unbecoming, even for a troll.

Replying in first person is most unbecoming

Also Ganon is prob the only character I would actually like to play the game to see, I dislike Link and Midna and some of the other characters ive seen in screenshots, but Ganon himself is by far the more interesting and ofcourse more evil out of them all.

Last edited by Burning thought on Dec 12th, 2009 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 04:28 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
Replying in first person is most unbecoming
..Haha, thanks. I think you meant to say third person? A sort of "I'm rubber, you're glue..." response? either way, you messed up.

quote:
Also Ganon is prob the only character I would actually like to play the game to see, I dislike Link and Midna and some of the other characters ive seen in screenshots, but Ganon himself is by far the more interesting and ofcourse more evil out of them all.
Judging a character by a screenshot. Intelligent. You know nothing about these characters =P

but Ganon really is one of the most interesting characters.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 04:56 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Judging a character by a screenshot. Intelligent. You know little about these characters compared to myself =P

Corrected

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 05:25 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Not wanting to get into timeline debates, but considering what the developers said about the post-wind waker regarding Ganon's influence spreading over the great sea, does anyone else think that Malledus from Spirit Tracks is a physical manifestation of that evil and a possible precursor to the more pig-like, demonic Ganon from the earlier games in the series?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2009 10:30 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

I have always felt iffy about developer quotes. In my humble opinion, this is how things seem:

A Canon - Games
B Canon - Book, manga, ect.
C Canon - Interviews and quotes
D Canon - anything else (Official guides, ect.)

I happen to think that there are far too many contridictions between the games for there to be a definitive timeline, although developers have said that there is. This is where A Canon overrides C Canon. But, this is just my view, so whatever.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 05:59 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Not wanting to get into timeline debates, but considering what the developers said about the post-wind waker regarding Ganon's influence spreading over the great sea, does anyone else think that Malledus from Spirit Tracks is a physical manifestation of that evil and a possible precursor to the more pig-like, demonic Ganon from the earlier games in the series?

Never played Spirit Tracks yet (I have it but I'm saving it) but from what I read isn't it suppose to take place a hundred years or so after Phantom Hourglass?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 06:23 AM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Never played Spirit Tracks yet (I have it but I'm saving it) but from what I read isn't it suppose to take place a hundred years or so after Phantom Hourglass?

It is. According to one the heads, don't remember his name, when Link stabbed Ganon in the head in Wind Waker, Ganon's influence spread over the Great Sea in one way or another. Spirit Tracks' back story is that Link and Zelda found the new land of Hyrule and were confronted by an evil force called Malledus that was imprisoned by the spirits underground, chained down by railroad tracks. When Malledus escapes, his demon train looks very much like Ganondorf and Malledus' last form looks like a cross between Ganon from the end of Ocarina of time and Ganon from the first game and the Oracles games. Both Malladus and Ganon have been described as Demon Kings.

Again, I may be clouded by my own concept of the timeline but I don't think that Wind Waker was the end of Ganon and I'm certain that at least half the games take place after it.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Darth Jello on Dec 24th, 2009 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 05:29 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I gave up on the timeline theory. I don't think there really is a set timeline. I think they just make the games to be fun and could care less where it fits in any timeline.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 09:53 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I would agree with that, but a few vague statements and my own determination to fit that crap together makes me want there to be one.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2009 10:07 PM