KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The official respect thread of Dante

The official respect thread of Dante
Started by: Charlotte DeBel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

You and Sado seem to make the best threads, when are you going to make a K'Respect thread, though?

-@shtar Out

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 02:50 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Soon, as for now there's a thread on NeoSun comics version of our handsome whitehaired Beast of Prey in Comics RT section.
Maybe next week, if I won't be busy with my studies. By that time I'll put together most of the stuff for that.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on Sep 21st, 2007 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:48 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Ok, cool. smile
-@shtar out

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 03:58 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Back to topic and to Dante

Dante vs Nero Angelo

Dante fights his twin brother, who was corrupted by Mundus and turned into dark demonic knight and a faithful captain of his army. Vergil forgot his human part and calls himself only Nero Angelo (Nelo is a common mistranslation due to the whole r-l issue in Japanese). He's a powerful demon, but eventually gets defeated by his brother who frees his soul. After "freeing" Vergil from his sad fate Dante finally gets Perfect Amulet.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 21st, 2007 04:03 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

When it comes to DMC2, I'm going to partially quote old Dante's RT made by Rewmac.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rewmac
Let's see Devil May Cry 2
Official Story :

In ancient times, a religion arising somewhere in the Mediterranean Ocean split into many different fractions. Its disciples carried it quickly to western Asia, Europe and North Africa. As time passed, some gods from the various sects were forgotten, others were assimilated into other religions, and others were still shunned as evil.

For one reason or another, the gods all but disappeared. What few people continued worshipping them were branded as heretics. The dissenters were forced to turn their backs on their own homelands in order to continue their beliefs. Venturing farther and farther away, the outcasts eventually found themselves adrift in an unknown land floating on the outskirts of the New World. This was Dumary Island.

Hordes of refugees of different races, beliefs and languages crossed over to the island. The first to arrive followed the seas routes of the old Viking explorers, around the North Pole and through the Pacific Ocean. Following them came runaway slaves seeking sanctuary.

The newcomers all had a single common point- belief in a pagan religion. Tribes that had historically skirmished over old differences running deep in their cultures now lived together peacefully on the same island.

As the generations passed, the former strangers blended together into a single people. Their mix of different languages, ethnic customs and various gods gave birth to totally unique religions.

The gods worshipped by the new blend of people were an ancient family of beings inhabiting a different dimension. They wielded strange powers and existed outside the concepts of right and wrong. Deities that were considered evil or pagan in the old world were, on Dumary Island, simply thought of as "other gods"- there were far too many of them to count. Rites performed in honor of these idols often resembled exorcisms and demon sealing ceremonies.

The priests of these cults were known as "guardians" and were sometimes called upon to protect the gods and their worshippers. Many were the legends of guardians who had borrowed the power of their own gods to defeat enemy gods. One recent tale, only a few hundred years old, told of a great swordsman appearing from "the outside" to aid in exorcizing the most evil gods of all time.

Over the centuries, Dumary Island's success in supporting the worship of unique religions while maintaining its existence out of the mainstream has been nothing short of miraculous. Lately, however, agents of international corporations begun infiltrating the island. Their purpose is to acquire the "special ores" discovered in the island's interior.

On Dumary Island, the people's simple religious piety, as well as the fabulous artifacts buried in the inner mountains, are now in great danger...

Dante in Devil Trigger :
(please log in to view the image)

So...

In this episode or so called chapter we learn that Dante's inner demon is stronger than we first thought in chapter one. Here he doesn't use Devil Arms to change to his demonic form: instead he uses medals. This medal is made from 3 pieces. The medal has 3 places to put a stone (amulet with "heart" of particular demon or god inside) in it.

First hole :

Fast flight
or
Increased ground movement speed (Quickheart)

Second hole:
Adds elemental damage to your attack
-Ice
-Fire
-Lightning

Third hole :
-Faster regeneration (Healing Heart)
-Time manipulation (freezes enemies in time when DTing with sword) (Chrono Heart)
-Enhances damage you deal (Offense heart)
http://www.devils-lair.org/dmc2amulets.php

This episode shows us that his powers have grown to surpass even his legendary father. He can change to Super Sparda (high demonic form, sort of "desperate Devil Trigger" which doesn't require any medals/Devil Arms.
In this form he is 100% invulnerable to every demonic magical or physical attack.
Nearly invulnerable to every kind of attack. He also gets a few really powerful attacks (chest blast that instantly kills any enemy, including subbosses/bosses, aura explosion etc., which was described and shown in gameplay a few pages before)

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 04:36 PM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fire Ninja
You and Sado seem to make the best threads, when are you going to make a K'Respect thread, though?

-@shtar Out
What have you done to Emo Emu Ashtar you pig?!

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 05:33 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Fire Ninja

-@shtar Out

uh...What respect thread has Sado made?

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 09:15 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Dante vs Nevan
Dante pimpslaps the vampiric goddess (apparently his legendary dad did the same to her 2000 yers ago). I LOVE the moment with pants...sort of "basic instinct" to 99% of males. I don't post the guitar part after the fight as it was already posted there.

Say...when exactly did he pimpslap her in that video?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 09:19 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
uh...What respect thread has Sado made?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f100/t464657.html

pwned...

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 09:38 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Yeah! Where's the pimpin'?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 09:40 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Thanks.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2007 09:42 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Say...when exactly did he pimpslap her in that video?

Not in that exact, darling, sequence of the videossmile Shin_gear just managed to post inbetween two posts, so he "broke the link".

It seems you feel offended just because of that Dante vs Superman thread long ago...it wasn't good and I agreed that bloodlusted Supes wins.

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on Sep 23rd, 2007 at 05:55 AM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 05:52 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Oh. BTW I didn't mean to bash or anything. I was just hoping to see him pimpslap some ***** lol.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 05:54 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Oh. BTW I didn't mean to bash or anything. I was just hoping to see him pimpslap some ***** lol.

I'm sorry. It's 8:57 AM in Eastern Europe timezone, so I've just woken up and got that as a critique.
The pimpslapping (or rather pimpshoting) part is in the video with the guitar on the first page.

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 05:58 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

No problem-a.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 05:59 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

No problem-a.

As for Beowulf, the thing that he's at least at Thing strength level or low level class 100 (not class 100+ like Hulk, Thor etc) was calculated by:
a)his thunderclapping attack aka Tower Projectiles
b)strength with which he beats Dante into the floor of the tower(regular human would've been nothing but the pulp, but Dante's demonic regeneration deals with that heavy damage instantly).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:06 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

*nod*

Say what's you take on Nero--assuming I got his name right--in DMC4?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:13 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

*nod*

Say what's you take on Nero--assuming I got his name right--in DMC4?

I don't like Nero, he seems like a second hand (no pun intended) character to my taste.

Aslo there were some sad rumors that DMC4 is the last game in which we are going to see Dante.
There are two things about that game, though:
a)Dante switching between styles on the move is now game mechanics (Dante's "trump card" in the game, while Nero's one is his demonic TK).
b)the ladies (Lady and Trish) are present as Dante's supporting cast (apparently one of the purposes of the anime (which was disappointment in terms of action) was to show that the girls still keep partnership with Dante and work in his agency).

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:19 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I agree. I have no problem with replacing a character...well not if its done right. But damn...he looks just like Dante. So wtf will they replace him for someone that looks just like him? Beats me.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:35 AM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

I agree. I have no problem with replacing a character...well not if its done right. But damn...he looks just like Dante. So wtf will they replace him for someone that looks just like him? Beats me.

And Nero adds nothing new to the storyline. His hand is cool, but not that ubercool. The only two things I like about the game I've listed in the post above.

By the way, full DMC4 trailer from TGA2007

Dante is still just as badass if not more badass that his ripoffsmile Though he badly needs a shave...

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2007 06:41 AM