KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect M. Bison

Respect M. Bison
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Joker1237
SFII Bison was harder to beat than Alpha Bison. Most be SFII Bison combos had more powerful moves, and combos. Bison in Alpha just hope to power up your bar, and let lose that monster of a power move. asumeing your not dead first of couse.

Thats how I beat the Comp, Wait for him to do it, than kick his butt after blocking the attack lol.

Ah yes, the Psycho Drive Crusher. The ultimate guard breaker. There is a way around that with certain characters.

When you see Shin Bison go for the Skull Diver which misses, he will perform the P.D.C. next. When he does, you can teleport with Normal/Shin Akuma, Evil Ryu, or Backflip with Vega, and the attack will miss you completely.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:01 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sonic x 20
Unleash The Speed Within

I noticed something with M.Bison, but I'm not sure though. When he has his cape on, he can teleport, but without it, he doesn't teleport. Maybe it was only for when he was in SF2 that he couldn't do it.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:07 PM
Sonic x 20 is currently offline Click here to Send Sonic x 20 a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic x 20 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Or Sprite limitations.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 08:08 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

Yeah rember SFII came BEFORE SF Alpha. They got a lot better in this regards by the late 90's. As Alpha was a great game. I didnt like Bison being over weight is all.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 09:46 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
(please log in to view the image)

Looks like you used the Chidori on the car.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 06:32 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah.. I wrecked it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2007 04:15 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Dec 14th, 2007 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 09:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Crap. I didn't even do a profile on Bison. Here it goes...

Full Name: M. Bison (the M stands for either Master or Mighty)
Nationality: Presumably Thai, although some rumors claim he is from Eastern Europe
Date of Birth: April 17, year unknown
Height: 6'
Weight: 230 lbs
Hair: Black (Blond in the 2009 movie)
Eyes: White (in the live-action movies, they were brown in the 1994 flim and steel-grey in the 2009 movie)
Family: Unknown (in the 2009 movie, Rose is his daughter)
Capcom Rivals: anyone who is a good guy, but Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile and Cammy top the list
SNK Rivals: Geese Howard, Rugal Bernstein, Vice, anyone who is a good guy
Dislikes: Useless Soldiers, the Shungokusatsu
Fighting Style: Psycho Power and Lerdrit
Occupation: Warlord, leader of the Shadowlaw (Shadaloo) criminal organization
Portrayed by: Raúl Juliá (1994 film), Neal McDonough (2009 film)
About the Lerdrit fighting style: Lerdrit is a Thai form of martial arts taught and used by the Royal Thai Army. Using open hands instead of fists, it is basically a modified version of Muay Thai. Forward pressure, kicks, knees, locking, grappling, and elbows are all major concepts in Lerdrit. This form relates closely to Muay Boran, the predecessor of Muay Thai. Lerdrit is similar to Muay Boran with its use of palm strikes, elbows, and clinch fighting (the art of grappling from a standing position).

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Mar 1st, 2009 at 02:24 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2009 02:22 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

WTF is up wit Bison?! WTF is up Capcom?! Bison is like 1 of the most badass of all FG bosses, but really? What the hell happens to him after SFIV and before III. I hope Capcom doesn't do that retarded shit they did wit DMC. Er new SF game will be a prequel to SFIII.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:31 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Shadowlaw warlord caused many a trend upon his debut 20 years ago. Bison's trendsetting moment is his pre-fight intro from the classic SF2, where he stands before you, cape draped over his body before flinging it off and opening a can of Psycho Powered Wup-Ass on you that would make any SNK boss weep tears of joy.

Many games would later follow Bison's example of a pre-fight intro. Bison would even go on to fight with the cape on, a trend that even Shao Kahn would follow. Honorable mention goes to Wesker, for throwing down in his longcoat, but still, Bison is the man, even after two decades.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 01:39 AM
No End N Site

Bison was the 1st boss in knickerbockers smile

-Anakaris-

Old Post Apr 28th, 2011 06:45 PM
Tactical Knee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Possible look of Bison in Tekken X Street Fighter:

Old Post May 2nd, 2011 01:39 AM
Tactical Knee is currently offline Click here to Send Tactical Knee a Private Message Find more posts by Tactical Knee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...rMeItWasTuesday

Bison is so badass that if you go to the TV Tropes website, he got a trope named after him. Made popular by the 1994 Street Fighter movie, Bison merely brushes off Chun-Li when she explains why she hates his guts with one of the movie's more memorable lines.

Chun-Li: It was twenty years ago. You hadn't promoted yourself to general yet. You were just a petty drug lord. You and your gang of murderers gathered your small ounce of courage to raid across the border for food, weapons, slave labor...my father was the village magistrate. A simple man with a simple code: justice. He gathered the few people that he could to stand against you. You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.

Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.

Chun-Li: (shocked) You don't remember?!

Bison: For you...the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me...it was Tuesday.

The movie sucked, but the way that Raul Julia delivered that line was so awesome.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 10:49 AM
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

laughing Vega's the greatest fighting game boss to date and one of the greatest video game villains ever. He's unmatched in so many ways.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post May 26th, 2011 11:54 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...rMeItWasTuesday

Bison is so badass that if you go to the TV Tropes website, he got a trope named after him. Made popular by the 1994 Street Fighter movie, Bison merely brushes off Chun-Li when she explains why she hates his guts with one of the movie's more memorable lines.

Chun-Li: It was twenty years ago. You hadn't promoted yourself to general yet. You were just a petty drug lord. You and your gang of murderers gathered your small ounce of courage to raid across the border for food, weapons, slave labor...my father was the village magistrate. A simple man with a simple code: justice. He gathered the few people that he could to stand against you. You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.

Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.

Chun-Li: (shocked) You don't remember?!

Bison: For you...the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me...it was Tuesday.

The movie sucked, but the way that Raul Julia delivered that line was so awesome.

****ing agree. RIP Julia.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2011 04:23 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Originally posted by Joker1237
Yeah rember SFII came BEFORE SF Alpha. They got a lot better in this regards by the late 90's. As Alpha was a great game. I didnt like Bison being over weight is all.

"Beefy Bison" made sense in SF Alpha 3, when his body is almost unable to contain all his power.

I agree that he's one of the best and most iconic fighting games' boss ever.

Even if in SF universe are appeared more powerful warriors than him, like Gouki, Oro or Gill, Dictator always will be the ultimate bad guy!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2011 12:31 PM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Now we know why Bison was not in MvC3. Beating down Magneto and Doctor Doom bored him.

He would much rather take on the dysfunctional Mishima clan and the best Tekken has to offer. That's right, The Dread Man In Red is in Street Fighter x Tekken.

The day we see Bison throw down with Heihachi and the Tekken crew will be the most important day of our gaming lives.

But for Bison, it will just be Tuesday.

(Look at the character pic on the life meter, in case you're still stumped)

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Jan 3rd, 2012 at 04:49 AM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 04:41 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
laughing Vega's the greatest fighting game boss to date and one of the greatest video game villains ever. He's unmatched in so many ways.

Bloody weebo.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2012 06:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Another movelist for our wacky SF Bosses.

M.Bison
Deadly Throw
Death Tower
Hell Attack
Psychic Crush
Psycho Fall
Psycho Vanish
Psycho Impact
Psycho Shot
Psycho Field
Electric Arch
Double Knee Press
High Double Knee Press
Head Press
^Somersault Skull Diver
Devil Reverse
Psycho Crusher
Eletric Psycho Crusher
Teleport
Flying
Super Psycho Crusher (Super Art)
Heartbreak Despair (Super Art)
Psycho Explosion (Super Art)
Psycho Cannon (Super Art)
Psycho Cannon R (Super Art)
Psycho Cannon G (Super Art)
Psycho Cannon B (Super Art)
Knee Press Nightmare (Super Art)
Head Press Nightmare (Hyper Art)
Mega Psycho Crusher (Hyper Art)
Psycho Break Smasher (Hyper Art)
Final Psycho Crusher (Hyper Art)
Nightmare Booster (Hyper Art)
Psycho Punish (Hyper Art)

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:55 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Yes respect the most POWERFUL person in ALL of Street Fighter!

(poke the bear) devil

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 03:49 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote