KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Respect Shin Gouki!!!

Respect Shin Gouki!!!
Started by: shin_gear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I actually think Oni's capable of all of that.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post May 20th, 2012 06:51 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Normal Gouki 3S = Oro (with 1 arm) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3S Ryu = Shin Evil Ryu >>>IV Shin Gouki >>> Shin Gouki A2 >> A2 Gouki (island busting Akuma)

That is a long way from island busting. So how strong is normal Gouki, as of 3S? It would be rather hard to put an exact number on how many x greater than island busting Gouki is at this point. By Oro beating Ryu with just 1 arm, could Gouki in his normal state take on 10 of his SFA2 selves?

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 05:45 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

I highly doubt any version of Ryu being on par with even Alpha 2 Akuma.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2012 10:43 PM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
Normal Gouki 3S = Oro (with 1 arm) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3S Ryu = Shin Evil Ryu >>>IV Shin Gouki >>> Shin Gouki A2 >> A2 Gouki (island busting Akuma)

That is a long way from island busting. So how strong is normal Gouki, as of 3S? It would be rather hard to put an exact number on how many x greater than island busting Gouki is at this point. By Oro beating Ryu with just 1 arm, could Gouki in his normal state take on 10 of his SFA2 selves?

Way too hard to gauge. We know SFIII Ryu is greater than SFIV Shin Akuma. It would be much easier to find an answer if Akuma hadn't stalemated Oro. That's what phucks it all up. Akuma clearly grew in strength, as well.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 07:13 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Hmm, maybe that continent slashing thing wasn't so far off after all...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 08:15 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stargun

Originally posted by No End N Site
Way too hard to gauge. We know SFIII Ryu is greater than SFIV Shin Akuma.
Just out of curiosity, how can we know that? Granted Ryu has never defeated Shin Akuma in combat...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 10:30 AM
stargun is currently offline Click here to Send stargun a Private Message Find more posts by stargun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site

Originally posted by stargun
Just out of curiosity, how can we know that? Granted Ryu has never defeated Shin Akuma in combat...

1. Creators state that both Shin Oni and Shin Evil Ryu are bosses designed to be
"beyond" Shin Akuma and Shin Gouken. As such, they are far harder to reach and far harder to beat (still easy, imo).

2. Shin Evil Ryu's physical appearance and description has him takin the SNH much farther than than Akuma. Shin Evil Ryu is literally an empty shell filled with energy, the same as Oni, just red energy instead of blue.

3. Oni's comments towards Ryu implies that this is actually the Ryu Akuma has been waitin for.

4. SF:EC states that by the time of SFIII, Ryu completely replaces the SNH with another power source within himself. As of SFIII, he either equals Shin Evil Ryu or has surpassed this.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 05:30 PM
No End N Site

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Hmm, maybe that continent slashing thing wasn't so far off after all...

Indeed, I remember sayin that current Ryu could hang with Shin Akuma of SFIII but I completely forgot the fact that Akuma stalemated Oro, the same character who beat Ryu with 1 arm.

I'm very tempted to assume that, like Ryu, Akuma rejects Oni and finds a new power within to rival it. I truly wish Capcom could explain what the hell happened between IV and III.

-Anakaris-

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 05:34 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by No End N Site
Indeed, I remember sayin that current Ryu could hang with Shin Akuma of SFIII but I completely forgot the. fact that Akuma stalemated Oro, the same character who beat Ryu with 1 arm.

I'm very tempted to assume that, like Ryu, Akuma rejects Oni and finds a new power within to rival it. I truly wish Capcom could explain what the hell happened between IV and III.

I don't think he rejects it, because (Shin?) Oni is the very core essence of Satsui No Hadou, which he still uses. My theory is that he now controls it to the point where he is no longer overridden by the consciousness of Satsui No hadou (AKA Oni). If this is the case, the Akuma is the first one in all history to completely dominate the use of SNH with no ill effects. Not even Goutetsu could do that.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 07:33 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I don't think he rejects it, because (Shin?) Oni is the very core essence of Satsui No Hadou, which he still uses. My theory is that he now controls it to the point where he is no longer overridden by the consciousness of Satsui No hadou (AKA Oni). If this is the case, the Akuma is the first one in all history to completely dominate the use of SNH with no ill effects. Not even Goutetsu could do that.

I have to agree. Completely dominating Oni sounds much more Gouki-like than simply rejecting it. I haven't played SFIV in a very long time but from what I remember, Gouki is none too happy about seeing himself as Oni.

I actually don't think this is even a "probably" or anything to wonder about. Seth has said devs made Oni and E.Ryu canon, the fact that he is not Oni anymore, by SFIII, is clear eveidence that he overcame Oni. It could also explain why his hair has white streaks, rather than it being from old age.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Jun 29th, 2012 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 07:58 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote